Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Hey, 49ers, are you around? If not, do you want to play after The Walking Dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006

Fender posted:

I'm around now, wanna go?

Sure

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Good game, Fender. Taking two weeks off clearly didn't make me any better at defense.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006

Thomas Platinum posted:

Too bad EJ doesn't get a game against Buffalo this season.

Redskins ( I think ) do you want to play tonight?

I am not available tonight. Can you play tomorrow night?

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006

10PM EST?

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
GG, Thomas Platinum. Christ I loving suck at defense. Fun fact: opposing QBs are now 21/21 with a 158.3 rating against my secondary.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
If I want to move a player to a different position, do I just edit them or is that something you can only do during the offseason?

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Is 7PM EST a good time for Jay Cutler to get his perfect passer rating, Goob?

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006

da_goob posted:

I probably won't be home until 10ish. I'll have a window from 4:00-5:00 though

I usually don't leave work until 6PM. Tomorrow?

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Half of those user games are against me and my performance against Dubs has gotten worse rather than better. Between trying get a podcast off the ground and various other projects, I just have too many things going on right now to playing any way other than casually.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
God knows I could have done one for the NCAA dynasty last year. I feel like I would have to actually be good at this to do a Madden podcast. We have done a few rough draft episodes, but none to the point where we have mass distributed yet. Whenever ChemicalWarfare stops flaking out at the last minute (which has been happening a lot these days as you saw with his stint as the Raiders here) and we actually do Episode #1, I'll link it here. I'll warning you that if you don't ever go into Punchsport Pagoda, it probably won't be your thing.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006

Krypttx posted:

You can cover my pre-travels Oregon dynasty in episode 1.

There is enough material from that dynasty to do a 30 for 30 special.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Goob, I can't remember if I said anything, but around 7 is fine. Playing my practice game now.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Goob, in a few minutes, I need to pause and hold the spaghetti stainer

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
GG, Goob. The only reason I was able to climb back in was because I got in a situation where I could go no-huddle, but oh the things this offense can do when I'm allowed to do so.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
I'm really digging my rookie QB. I didn't start him the first few games because his accuracy stats weren't great at the time, but the kid can let them rip. Jamie McLaurin will be a household name if he stays healthy.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Being a man of my word ...

ExplodeYourself posted:

Finally, after weeks of test episodes, technical issues, scheduling conflicts, dealing with unreliable guests, and general grown-up poo poo...

Wrestling With Marks-ism - Episode 1: The Ultimate Debut

Zarikov and I were high school friends and former roommates in college. While I have been a wrestling fan since 1998, Zarikov has just within the past year caught Wrestle Fever. The overall inspiration for this podcast was to address the stigma that surrounds being a wrestling fan. I'm sure many of us have had "The Wrestling Conversation" at some point when, for example, dating someone new. Of course, somewhere along the way either by way of intoxication or exhaustion, most episodes will probably degenerate into dick jokes with names of wrestlers thrown into the punch line. Join me as I stammer my way through introducing Zarikov to this crazy world we all know and love.

In our debut episode, Zarikov and I reflect on his first Wrestlemania Weekend, discuss our upcoming wrestling adventures, Chuck E. Cheese, wrestling shitheads, drugs, and probably say some really offensive things yet still expect you, the listener, to take us seriously as well-adjusted adults. Honestly, I think we had better showings some of the test runs, we already had someone gently caress up our debut episode last week and it was either time to poo poo or get off the pot. Not to mention that I had slept well all week.

Approval is pending on the iTunes store right now, but here is the RRS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/WrestlingWithMarks-ism

If I need to upload to an additional host, I will, but I figure that tindeck cover all our bases.

Are we trying to advance today? Most of time has went into getting this ready since the last advance.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006

Dubious posted:

neato gonna check this out tonight.

And hoping to advance tonight.

I should have my things started at least by 10 EST.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006

Dubious posted:

Dubious @ ExplodeYourself

I have my daughter by myself through the day, then a lot to do once her mom gets home. 10PM EST?

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Farting around in practice. Send me an invite when you are ready.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Oh not this connection poo poo

Dubious posted:

Goddamnit. Go again?

EA doing what it does.

Yep

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Let me plug into my modem directly. I just got a new router today

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006

Dubious posted:

Ask me about a heart attack.

EY, you are better than you give yourself credit for. If you had RG3 still I'd have been toast.

GG. A lot of blown chances on my part. I'm a lot better when I'm allowed to go no-huddle. That same thing happened against Goob: I think I was down 28 - 0 to the Bengals lady season before I went no-huddle. The two most frustrating plays had to be the return TD whereJackson ran by the entire kicking team and the TD to Megatron where I manualled the safety to double up on him.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
I played my game sometime yesterday, I believe.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Doing my stuff now. With so many people on auto, I just might make the playoffs!

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
When are we you planning on advancing? I am recording for my podcast again tonight, but I can probably get it in before since I have a lot of the prep work done. If we aren't planning on advancing tonight, I'll probably just hold off until tomorrow. Bottom line, due to all the AP guys, I am actually likely to make the playoffs, so I would hate to take a sim loss.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Dubs, either of those days works fine.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
I will try to get my game in tonight. I have company coming tonight for the weekend but they probably won't be in until 9.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Hey sorry, my company Friday came early and I was in NYC all yesterday. I figured the game would just get simmed. I just played played my practice game. I'm going to grab dinner then play my real one.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Haha, I finally backdoor my way into the playoffs and they just end up not happening.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Sim me. I'm going to be out of town until Tuesday. If the playoff game can't wait, I could take my ps3 with me but I'd rather not.

ExplodeYourself fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 22, 2014

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006

Alucard posted:

hey EY, do you want to crush me IRL tonight since I haven't played a real game in forever, or do you want to just do a sim and see where we end up?

I'll be home from my trip after 7 so don't sim me.

ExplodeYourself fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 27, 2014

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
I'm home now. When are you free?

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
GG. Going any further in the playoffs would have been a crime since I lost all my user games.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006

Stevie Lee posted:

should we just skip FA?

the LOLB position is a joke

I would like to take a look since I low balled my whole secondary.

Edit: Done

ExplodeYourself fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 4, 2014

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
I'll play my game tonight. I was glad to see I didn't get destroyed too much in the auto-draft.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Oh man, my team is hilarious when simmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Yeah, I'm done for the year. I just haven't had a chance to sign in and retire. I doubt I am getting a PS4 for a few years and with the death of the NCAA Football franchise, I probably won't be in this subforum that much anymore. It was fun though!

• Locked thread