Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Shane Douglas Promotion
This poll is closed.
XPW 11 18.97%
Hardcore Homecoming 1 1.72%
Extreme Reunion/Rising 2 3.45%
This New One (because it won't happen) 44 75.86%
Total: 58 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

that name is loving terrible

Not if, instead of a belt, the top prize is a new compost bin.

GEE EFF DUB! GEE EFF DUB!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I didn't get to the show yesterday but I'm really impressed with Smash -- they've been great about putting cards together and their shows seem fairly well-organized considering the venues they pick. I definitely want to get to a few more of their events.

Did they do that thing they did with the Rumble where you could watch the PPV in the bar afterwards with the wrestlers? It was neat sitting just outside the wrestlers area for the Rumble and watching Elgin and Hero laughing as hard at Batista as the rest of us.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I thought it was sort of a training centre kind of gig, but online so people could send him videos of matches/promos and bounce ideas off him. To me it sounds like he took some ideas from the Performance Centre's model and is building around that.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

any time your promotion requires a fan to buy a $5 dollar/30 page rule book off of amazon in order to follow it properly you have failed as a promoter.

I dunno, there might be a special kind of genius at work there. Look at all the extra nonsense they offer and sell to make things like tabletop RPG's work. Dumber things in wrestling have been attempted than a 'by spergs, for spergs' model.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

I understand why someone would want to make a stats heavy promotion I just don't understand why any of the metrics they use matter.

I am absolutely buying that rule book to determine the definitive match of the year.

What are the rules beyond the point system?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm kinda on the fence about it because Mississauga but I'd love to see the Bucks again.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Can anyone find the indy date Colt Cabana was talking about in the Punkcast in Toronto in December? I think he said it was Destiny Pro Wrestling or something but I can't find a single thing about this event.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thanks - his site is blocked for me at work for some reason but I'll check when I get home.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

njsykora posted:

TNA really need to work on their poster design.

I can't find a higher-res version of this but I love the little sleepy flippy man taking a break on Andrews shoulder.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I refuse to believe that Brian Cage's physique is anything but natural. Just like my man Jon Jones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Quantrill posted:

oh boy I get to see some rinky-dink indy fed try their hand at a reverse battle royal!

I would like to know more about Sherman Tank, thank you

• Locked thread