Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

The Coalition couldn't organise a bun fight at kiplings.

If you say this enough they will try do it just to prove they do indeed fight with pleb food like us common folk though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
People feel that the list is heading in a direction that they never signed up to. They resent the interference in our thread by what they see as unnecessary in joke. And they wonder what the point of it all is. Put simply, many ask 'why can't we just have what we all wanted in the OP? More stories about people making GBS threads themselves in train stations?'

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Renaissance Robot posted:

What the hell was happening in '88/89? :psyduck:

They announced the end of Double Mortgage Tax Relief which helped make houses affordable, so people rushed to buy property before it ended. When it did the market slumped and interest rates went crazy so no one was really capable of buying anymore.

Ddraig posted:

So the Welsh government is looking to ban e-cigarettes in public places.
This truly confuses me. They are harmless to everyone, what with them being mostly water vapour.

They had an interview with the minister who wrote the white paper on the news and he literally said "the lack of concrete evidence is due to their being no evidence at the moment."

gently caress me, have the tobacco lobbies infiltrated the Senedd too?

It's more some people being pissed off that people vaping seem like they're getting around the smoking in public ban. Which they are, but it's a stupid reason to ban them as well.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
It actually gets higher than 75p. If you go over £1000 on your planned Overdraft they charge £1.50 and if you go over £2000 they charge £3.

To show how lovely a deal this is, if you were overdrawn by the maximum £1000 on the old system you'd pay £14.61 per month if we say a month is 30 days. If you're on the new system you pay £22.50.
But if you're overdrawn by the minimum charge which is £16 then on the old system you'd pay £0.23 a month, while on the new system you still pay £22.50 which is a pretty loving steep increase.

Basically there's no way this system benefits you at all, except for the extra £15 buffet zone before they start hitting you with fees or if you're the sort of person who'll go into an unplanned overdraft multiple times a month, in which case the fees will be less for you. But I can't imagine people make a habit of doing that.

Fans fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Apr 14, 2014

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Remember, if only 4 our of 10 people think you're being racist it's not racist.

I like how the article seems unable to spot the link between the number of people who agree with the message and the number of people who don't think it's racist at all to say those foreigner scum are all here to steal our jobs.

Fans fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Apr 24, 2014

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Zero Gravitas posted:

I did not post this link.

Sorry about that! Fixed it up.

The one small bit of hope I get out of UKIP is they split the Conservative vote base enough that they get whipped in the next election.

I'm fairly sure the Conservative's would never form a Minority Government with UKIP. If by some hellish circumstance that does happen I'm banking on this thread become a living engine of hate that will break free of the internet and begin strangling everyone in the UK to death, hopefully starting with myself so I'm spared the worst of it.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Saki posted:

Are the Greens still completely against nuclear power in all its forms? Because I have no idea how anyone can take them seriously if that's still the case.

They are but mainly because they believe our power should be 100% renewable and Nuclear ain't renewable so spending money on Nuclear instead of Renewables isn't worth it.

There's other reasons like "Our plan for Nuclear Waste isn't the greatest of plans" and "We think Nuclear power is dangerous even though we're wrong" but it's mainly down to Nuclear Power Stations being really expensive and you can't reasonably make a switch to Wind and Hydro if you've just built a bunch of nuclear power plants.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Seaside Loafer posted:

God this thread depresses me. How can that jobcentre thing possibly work? Last time I was on JSA they just wanted to process you and get you gently caress out asap without actually providing help with job recommendations or anything, how the flying gently caress can it possibly function if everyone has to go every day?!? There will be a loving riot! I cant believe this actually happened!

You only have to go every day if you've been out of work for two years. It's still poo poo, but that group of people is small enough that it's workable for most of the country. They're not really meant to go everyday, they're meant to be bullied into taking the lovely "Voluntary" jobs that are on offer.

And if you don't volunteer eventually they'll cut your benefits anyway even if you do go to the job center every day. "Voluntary" sounds a lot better than "Forced Unpaid Labour" I guess.

Fans fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Apr 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

They also put the Dark Souls 2 trailer in there. Because they're Journalists and the people need to know.

• Locked thread