Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

I wonder how many people tracked him down through global and sent lovely emails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

krispykremessuck posted:

the comments are p good

The comments are infuriating... amongst the level of "If you really hate it, you should stay in and change it."

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

I'm convinced 90% of the comments come from people who never served.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I wish I could've taken a photo, but our brand new 2LT was at a beach thing our squadron had for "morale boosting." When we went to play some volleyball, the shirt came off. Dead center between his shoulderblades was an Air Force logo the size of an upright football with the words "Live for nothing or die for something." I wondered whether he got this tattoo before or after getting in, but either way I suppose it doesn't matter.

Wonder how long it'll take him to realize the mistake he's made. He's a comm officer. :allears:

Side note: my crew CC yesterday got upset because he thinks the military folks in our office view our job as an 8-5 job. This stems from some of us volunteering to re-run a bunch of cable on a swing shift instead of working a weekend, because we had plans this weekend to go to a beach house 2 hours away. Oh, he was also mad because we did not "consult him" on our weekend plans. We're not on leave. We're in the local area. I guess next weekend when I have to wake up earlier than normal for an emergency beer poo poo, I best shoot him a text beforehand since it's not the norm? Nobles. :bang:

EDIT: Oh I forgot to add, apparently he also wanted us to come in this weekend to move server racks around for equipment that won't be here till mid May. Why the gently caress?

whatspeakyou fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 23, 2014

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

whatspeakyou posted:

EDIT: Oh I forgot to add, apparently he also wanted us to come in this weekend to move server racks around for equipment that won't be here till mid May. Why the gently caress?

bullet point achievement for april 2014 I guess

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Genocide Tendency posted:

I'm convinced 90% of the comments come from people who never served.

The best are the ones that are from some Cold War era retiree's wife, talking about how her and her husband totally made sacrifices (you know, when being in the military meant getting paid to be permanently hammered while galavanting around Europe and East Asia) and how young whippersnappers today (you know, the guys who've been going to desert shitholes for the past 20 years, i.e. their whole time in the AF) just don't have the same work ethic or dedication or patriotism as the old folks.

tuluk posted:

bullet point achievement for april 2014 I guess

Yeah must be a monthly thing because if it was for a quarterly you'd still be good doing it in May.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

iyaayas01 posted:

The best are the ones that are from some Cold War era retiree's wife, talking about how her and her husband totally made sacrifices (you know, when being in the military meant getting paid to be permanently hammered while galavanting around Europe and East Asia) and how young whippersnappers today (you know, the guys who've been going to desert shitholes for the past 20 years, i.e. their whole time in the AF) just don't have the same work ethic or dedication or patriotism as the old folks.
Back when I was in we threw people out windows an' poo poo :bahgawd:

Now you got them stress cards, pussies...

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Moving news: Maintenance Leadership has no where to put Supply/Support in the new building while our proposed room is getting the wild life and crime scene stains out. Current plans include putting us in a 75sq ft cage, in the break room, and the hangar. Nome of these locations have phone or internet jacks, so those are out. Current fight is to keep us in the old building for w weeksbecause the F35 people aren't even stepping foot here for 2 more months. Leadership doesn't like that.

Idea was floated that one of the many flight chief offices be shared. That was laughed out of the meeting.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

KirbyKhan posted:

Moving news: Maintenance Leadership has no where to put Supply/Support in the new building while our proposed room is getting the wild life and crime scene stains out. Current plans include putting us in a 75sq ft cage, in the break room, and the hangar. Nome of these locations have phone or internet jacks, so those are out. Current fight is to keep us in the old building for w weeksbecause the F35 people aren't even stepping foot here for 2 more months. Leadership doesn't like that.

Idea was floated that one of the many flight chief offices be shared. That was laughed out of the meeting.

Isn't that the dream of Supply/Support: to be uncontactable? So the proposed spots without phone/internet jacks make karmic sense. Leadership can't contact you, and is fully to blame if they bitch & moan about Supply/Support being uncontactable.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

iyaayas01 posted:

That's the thing that really chaps my rear end. Whenever you voice discontent with something you're being asked or told to do, people suddenly get righteous about The Importance of Service and the Putting the Needs of the Air Force first. My commander straight up said that I didn't understand the value of service when I decided to put in for VSP rather than take an assignment I had specifically said I did not want for the last two years. For context, I was on a deployment which would put me just shy of six hundred days overseas in ~3 years.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

tuluk posted:

Isn't that the dream of Supply/Support: to be uncontactable? So the proposed spots without phone/internet jacks make karmic sense. Leadership can't contact you, and is fully to blame if they bitch & moan about Supply/Support being uncontactable.

Yup, I'm hoping we get to stay in our location that works because that's personally less of a pain in the rear end... But I got 4 months before my DOS so I don't give a poo poo about anything.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Gen Welsh coming by next week and it sounds like there's gonna be a nice 2 hour long question and answer session at the all call. Can't wait for the barrage of stupid questions.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
"Yo, what the hell is going on with VSP?"

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
I have no idea what thread to post this in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XlH7as17tc

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Dead Reckoning posted:

"Yo, what the hell is going on with VSP?"

"Why did AFPC waive recoupment of VSP money out of VA disability then change their minds?"

"PS gently caress you all"

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

A Kpro posted:

Gen Welsh coming by next week and it sounds like there's gonna be a nice 2 hour long question and answer session at the all call. Can't wait for the barrage of stupid questions.

For what it's worth he's actually a really good speaker.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Too bad the message is "We're too broken to fix, Warrior Airmen Warriors, rape is bad I guess, and uh...keep up the good work?"

TheOtherGypsy
Apr 6, 2004

A Kpro posted:

Don't Worry. All the people who ask questions and the questions they ask will be vetted by your leadership. It's all canned.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TheOtherGypsy posted:

Don't Worry. All the people who ask questions and the questions they ask will be vetted by your leadership. It's all canned.
*Chuck Norris Joke*

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Casimir Radon posted:

*Chuck Norris Joke*

gently caress in 2005 they were out of date and awkward

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Helldump Immunity. posted:

gently caress in 2005 they were out of date and awkward
Sorry for the :siren: BASIC TRAINING STORY :siren: but......

Way back in 2008 during some warrior weekend downtime we were up in the bleachers doing a Q&A with some fat lady Captain so she could feel important or something, and some MTI was sneaking around and encouraging trainees to ask her Chuck Norris Fact questions. I've seen some poo poo in my time but that stands out as one of the more cringe inducing memories, probably because it went on for 20 minutes and I couldn't just get up and walk away.

EDIT: The base took part in Denim Day yesterday. Somehow the part about it being about rape awareness got lost along the way.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 25, 2014

CaptainStag
Sep 29, 2004

Good acting is a practiced craft, one that suggests subtlety and nuance.
Last time General Welsh came by the base to speak some guy called out his supervisor for being a muffin-topped fatty and asked why he should have to pass a PT test if his supervisor can't. I'm not sure what the point of doing that was but all the facial expressions in the room were pretty awesome.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CaptainStag posted:

Last time General Welsh came by the base to speak some guy called out his supervisor for being a muffin-topped fatty and asked why he should have to pass a PT test if his supervisor can't. I'm not sure what the point of doing that was but all the facial expressions in the room were pretty awesome.
I'd like to do that.
"So why does this fat piece of poo poo get to hold up our only Tech slot?"
:allears:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Apparently the ALS students in our dorm are bitching because Capts are drunk into oblivion every night and pinballing down the halls at like 2 am. Where the gently caress are our enlisted role models to prevent these idiots from idioting all over the place??? Slackers

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Guy in military drunk? Probably an idiot.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Prop Wash posted:

Apparently the ALS students in our dorm are bitching because Capts are drunk into oblivion every night and pinballing down the halls at like 2 am. Where the gently caress are our enlisted role models to prevent these idiots from idioting all over the place??? Slackers

lol they put ALS students in those dorms

are any of them hot?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

in military? an idiot.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Is that Maxwell?

Hell, are the crack houses finally gone?

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
I got shorted on PCS orders and had to return from leave early to try yo get some out processing done. So of course vMPF is down. Burn AFPC. :suicide:

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Godholio posted:

Is that Maxwell?

Hell, are the crack houses finally gone?

Yes, yes it is.

Depends on what you mean by "crack houses"...if you're talking about the row housing on the north side of Maxwell Blvd right next to the eastern base fence, yes they're gone. If you're talking about the general area around the Day Street gate, absolutely not, that area is still a complete shithole.

No bullshit though, downtown Montgomery is actually pretty nice now. Couple decent bars and restaurants and you don't have the persistent feeling that you're about to get stabbed/shot/mugged.

\/ Oh, haha...are you talking about the ones they put the ASBC students in back when ASBC was a thing? The ones that are between academic circle and the golf course club house? Because if so that's where Prop Wash is billeted at \/

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Apr 25, 2014

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The crack houses were the old SOS dorms. For some reason demolition took years.

Downtown Montgomery ain't bad. But my opinions of the area around the base were unchanged when they found some major shoved into his own trunk a few days after he disappeared.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
"Welcome to Maxwell Air Force Base! Did you hear someone got shot in the drive-thru of the McDonald's across the street from the main gate?"

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Dead Reckoning posted:

"Welcome to Maxwell Air Force Base! Did you hear someone got shot in the drive-thru of the McDonald's across the street from the main gate?"

Gotta keep the Special sauce a secret, son

Oneday for Life
Feb 2, 2004
Shoe. Explode?!
The current and final portion of my time in the service has been the most lonely and depressing time of my 29 years of life. I can't wait for some Post 9/11 so I can go back to school and maybe meet a bro or a nerd or really anyone I can talk to in person.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Oneday for Life posted:

The current and final portion of my time in the service has been the most lonely and depressing time of my 29 years of life. I can't wait for some Post 9/11 so I can go back to school and maybe meet a bro or a nerd or really anyone I can talk to in person.

I feel ya man. Got stationed back at the homeland for my last year in. Decided to move back to the family house to pay for mom's bills. I spend a lot of time with the nephew and other family. But, I'm not doing me, don't have many non family friends. poo poo, I got sober here because it is too much a pain in the rear end to drink in Utah.

The Seymore Skinner life is killing me and I can't wait to get out and move to LA with the girlfriend and folks I knew in Korea.

The hardest thing was making an effort to make friends with the knowledge I'll be leaving in a year. Get out and make connections like it was a deployment. Doesn't have to be permenent, but poo poo talk to another human being so you don't end up with the sad brains.

MobMentality
Aug 22, 2007

I'm Mike Doyle.
I need to point out before I forget, I discovered that our BX has a Magic/D&D store inside where the typical used lovely movie store or TCN dependent novelty military attire tends to go but...I'm at a space base so I was less than surprised.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MobMentality posted:

I need to point out before I forget, I discovered that our BX has a Magic/D&D store inside where the typical used lovely movie store or TCN dependent novelty military attire tends to go but...I'm at a space base so I was less than surprised.

Peterson eh

loving commissary is so far from everything

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

MobMentality posted:

:ssh: You're making Rek jealous.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

"Why did AFPC waive recoupment of VSP money out of VA disability then change their minds?"

Derek Dominoe posted:

I got shorted on PCS orders and had to return from leave early to try yo get some out processing done. So of course vMPF is down. Burn AFPC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8y3kmdt2Z0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

I love that the old SECAF waived VSP recoupment from disability payments for the silver spoons, but this time around us dirty poors don't warrant the same treatment. That's what I get for enlisting!

I can't tell if I'm being sarcastic or not

• Locked thread