Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Cenen posted:

Favorite SAPR moment is a toss up between when some guy said "bitches be dumb always saying I raped them after I'd get them drunk and banged em', got me kicked out of Korea" or what was supposed to be a 20 minute briefing after our deployment rape issue turned into an almost hour long slog that resulted in the SAPR lady losing her poo poo and freaking out about how none of us should ever approach a woman again and how she seriously questioned if any of us had actually gotten consent in the past.

Proud of you guys :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Cenen posted:

Favorite SAPR moment is a toss up between when some guy said "bitches be dumb always saying I raped them after I'd get them drunk and banged em', got me kicked out of Korea" or what was supposed to be a 20 minute briefing after our deployment rape issue turned into an almost hour long slog that resulted in the SAPR lady losing her poo poo and freaking out about how none of us should ever approach a woman again and how she seriously questioned if any of us had actually gotten consent in the past.

You get her number?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Cenen posted:

My favorite is definitely the crusty TSgt (female) who, after hearing the SAPR rep speak about an airman who was raped by 3 dudes and how someone should always be a wingman, said, "Sounds like she had two wingmen."

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Godholio posted:

My favorite is definitely the crusty TSgt (female) who, after hearing the SAPR rep speak about an airman who was raped by 3 dudes and how someone should always be a wingman, said, "Sounds like she had two wingmen."

holy poo poo :lol:

e: Almost forgot, couldn't let today go by without posting this:

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 19, 2014

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Rough Lobster posted:

Tell me about how awful/awesome Osan AB is.

Korea itself is pretty neat. It's a nice area, close to Seoul, plenty of stuff to do.

Osan, I'd say depends on your job/what squadron you're going to. The one gym on base is too small, but they've got pretty good ITT and everything else. Also there's a poo poo-ton of bars right outside the main gate so it's not like you'll have to make it through your tour sober.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

iyaayas01 posted:

holy poo poo :lol:

e: Almost forgot, couldn't let today go by without posting this:

Army pilots were pretty cool. Too bad we ruined that legacy

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Clepped Math, finished CCAF requirements. gently caress that worthless degree, but at least that's one less thing my supervisory chain can hassle me about. Wonder what I'll hear about for training/education in my next feedback. :jerkbag:

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004
Just got my orders. AFSC is 92M0. I missed getting paid to dick around in school.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Godholio posted:

:drat:

Just... :drat:

whatspeakyou posted:

Clepped Math, finished CCAF requirements. gently caress that worthless degree, but at least that's one less thing my supervisory chain can hassle me about. Wonder what I'll hear about for training/education in my next feedback. :jerkbag:

Well, now you should be pursuing a (insert degree here) because (reasons) and it's a really big deal if you want to make it past MSgt and :jerkbag:

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 20, 2014

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
Just remember that most SNCOs are basically just Uncle Toms for the enlisted proletariat.

I mean there are still some badasses who don't give a gently caress, but those guys are disappearing fast.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Rekinom posted:

Just remember that most SNCOs are basically just Uncle Toms for the enlisted proletariat.

I mean there are still some badasses who don't give a gently caress, but those guys are disappearing fast.

SNCOs are sam jackson in django unchained

lol

now i can't unsee it

JoeEskimoe
Sep 16, 2007

Rekinom posted:

SNCOs are basically just Uncle Toms for the enlisted proletariat.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Also we in the officer class would collect and polish your skulls if we thought we could get away with it.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Dead Reckoning posted:

Also we in the officer class would collect and polish your skulls if we thought we could get away with it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

lol

now i can't unsee it

Holy poo poo.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
"You see here, on the inside of the enlisted man's skull unburdened by genius, there are three dimples over the area most closely associated with servility, but also perfidy and indolence. This makes their race suitable for basic labor, but they require a firm hand."

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Does anyone know the AFI that handles leave in regards to PCSing? I am sponsoring a dude in and I was kinda thrown into this (I feel even worse for the A1Cs they are making sponsors, and worse yet for those they are sponsoring) and I have a guy that is at Ramstein as his first base, so he of course is having to do FTAC. He got here Wednesday evening, had Ramstein In-Processing Thursday and Friday and is doing FTAC this entire week so is completely unavailable. Luckily, I was able to get him and his wife out to look at a house this weekend which they instantly fell in love with and they are already well on their way to purchasing a car from someone. The problem is he has absolutely zero time to be able to handle all of the paperwork and appointments these purchases entail because of all this poo poo they dump on you when you first get here. To make things worse, the flight chief is apparently telling him now that he will be doing facility excellence next week. The dude needs to take this leave to get this poo poo done, but she told him he can't (according to him, I wasn't there.) So before I go around asking people what the hell tomorrow, I want to have some info to back me and my lowly SrA stripes up.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Start with 36-2110. Seriously, I just google the topic I need and AFI and go from there.

Did he not get any house hunting time?

He needs to explain to his flight chief what's going on and if that doesn't work he needs to talk to the shirt or his Lt. Or he can just submit the leave request and force it to be documented, but that's probably not a good first step.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 21, 2014

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

He's completely new to the Air Force and doesn't want to step on any toes, so I'm going to do what I can for him. The acting flight chief is the one that told him he couldn't have it. And no, no first term airman gets house hunting time here when they first arrive, and if they ever get it, it is at least a few weeks later. Meanwhile he's being used to clean the stairwell in the MPF building during FTAC which is supposed to be providing them with information they need in the military, not using them as menial labor or stockboys for the snack fund. That poo poo comes later. I had a HORRIBLE experience coming here that led me to buying the first POS car I saw and the first house I looked at. Although it ended up being a great house.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
get a limited power of attorney and do it for him

I know that's unconventional, but it's a workaround

business idea: do this for every newcomer and charge 100 bucks as a side biz

2nd business idea: military life broker, basically you have an incoming pcs and you lead turn all their inprocessing poo poo as much as possible without them having to be there. unit patches/memorabilia, provide adequate housing, get signed up their church, get their kids enrolled in school. set up power utilities and internet as a service contractor for the local company. check up on the wife and give her tours of The area and suggest fun things to do. what's that cost? a week? but easily 500 bucks for one family.

how many families pcs in a year? like 1000?

develop sweetheart deals with the locals, promising them cuts and poo poo on the side and they'll play ball, call it a newcomer military discount and wave some flags

in a year you open up a storefront selling military pcs specific poo poo, but time you also partner with the moving company. full spectrum pcs is a pretty good company name. you'll need a storefront with a lot of testimonials. plus a really classy but family friendly web page. you would corner the market on new arrivals. in affect you can "suggest" certain business for them to shop at. and then the he game starts all over again.

IRON RULE OF REKINOM FINANCE: never let an idiot do something devoid of meaning, when you could do it for them, for a price, in a far better way, without using any energy besides paying you.

Rekinom fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 21, 2014

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Man, gently caress the F35 program. Hijacking my building, making me move my office to some condemned rear end hanger. The whole situation is hosed. Two weeks for 2 AMUs to move all their poo poo down the road. Except supply and support, our proposed room hasn't had the floor finished yet. So we can't stay here, we can't go there. Guess we'll move 2000 sq feet of storage and equipment into the hangar next to the aircraft.

Until we get kicked out of that ofc. Because nothing stops the flying schedule. Expected to fly through all this bullshit. God drat this is a clusterfuck.

Maintenance is gay, Ops is gay, F35 is gay, Air Force is gay.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

KirbyKhan posted:

Man, gently caress the F35 program. Hijacking my building, making me move my office to some condemned rear end hanger. The whole situation is hosed. Two weeks for 2 AMUs to move all their poo poo down the road. Except supply and support, our proposed room hasn't had the floor finished yet. So we can't stay here, we can't go there. Guess we'll move 2000 sq feet of storage and equipment into the hangar next to the aircraft.

Until we get kicked out of that ofc. Because nothing stops the flying schedule. Expected to fly through all this bullshit. God drat this is a clusterfuck.

We moved an AMU to the other side of the airfield in a combat zone in less than 36 hours and didn't drop one line, quit yer bitchin' :colbert:

Nah that blows, glad your leadership is effectively communicating the shortfalls up the chain, oh wait.

Also

KirbyKhan posted:

Mister Man
Nov 22, 2006

IWHBYD...

KirbyKhan posted:

The number one reason I am glad I am leaving Luke. gently caress the F35.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

I was browsing around (the now closed) Chanute AFB on Google Maps, noting the rather oddly large number of buildings that are just abandoned in place, and I noticed the onsite country club. Pardon the stupid question, but why would an Air Force Base need a country club? For that matter, why are there multiple AFB's with country clubs/golf courses on them?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

why are there multiple AFB's with country clubs/golf courses on them?
It makes low class people feel high class.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Almost every AFB has a golf course. It dates back to when people actually stayed on base for entertainment. But I think enough people still golf on base that they stck around, unlike the O and E Clubs.

somewhatpathetic
Oct 21, 2012
Nobles need their ample fields and Chiefs need somewhere to suck off the Col.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Godholio posted:

Almost every AFB has a golf course. It dates back to when people actually stayed on base for entertainment. But I think enough people still golf on base that they stck around, unlike the O and E Clubs.

According to the numbers, many of them are big money losers. But, nobility.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
To be fair, golf courses on a military base are far from an AF only thing...I know that's the stereotype, but even a barren wasteland of a base like Twentynine Palms has a golf course, so it's not like it's just the USAF.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
Is it sad I can relate a lot to this article?

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20140422/NEWS01/304220043/Letter-Why-won-t-re-enlist

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
The comments are (predictably) hilarious.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

quote:

In that moment I realized that I was not going to subject myself to an environment where an old man can decide my fate and lecture me about mustaches and morals just so I can buy things I don’t need to make me feel better about a life I am not enjoying.

Perfect.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Godholio posted:

Golf course on Sheppard is closing as of July 1st, the course has lost close to $700k in the last 10 years not to mention it lost $100k last year.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I don't think I've ever heard anyone even mention the golf course at Kirtland.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

iyaayas01 posted:

The comments are (predictably) hilarious.

As you'd expect, yeah. It's still loving sad how much koolaid some motherfuckers drink. It's impossible to read all the comments because I just get too disgusted by those mindless fucksticks.

MisterFusion
Mar 8, 2010

This is going to look awesome in a few years, streaked by stretch marks and peeking out of old pajama pants and PT gear at the commissary while pushing a cart full of snot nosed brats.

also,

MisterFusion fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 23, 2014

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

As an airman it's my solemn duty to lift women out of the crushing poverty of base towns

I'm like an angel

A blue angel (registered trademark property of US Navy)

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

As an airman it's my solemn duty to lift women out of the crushing poverty of base towns

I'm like an angel

A blue rapey angel (registered trademark property of US Navy)

FTFY

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

This article is fairly well written and hits lots of good points, but I'm curious as to what the dudes job was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

jymbojones posted:

This article is fairly well written and hits lots of good points, but I'm curious as to what the dudes job was.

the comments are p good

• Locked thread