Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Another MTI got busted and is getting 8 months in prison, surprisingly not for anything sexual. Fursther confirming my theory that the vast majority of people who'd want that job are poo poo.

quote:

She pled guilty to obstructing justice by lying to investigators about how a recruit got a black eye and forbidding others in the flight to admit knowledge of the incident.

quote:

One witness told the court he entered the Air Force expecting a professional learning environment, but that he did not get what he expected. He said upon arrival at basic, Ellis told the recruits they had brought too much gear and took away all but one outfit, sending the rest of their belongings to the trash.

quote:

One of the trainees in a female flight testified that Ellis often forced the whole group to do physical training while naked in the shower stalls. She told the court of several shower incidents where Ellis was involved -- including a time when Ellis woke her in the early morning hours and forced her to stand naked under a cold shower while she shouted obscenities at her.

The comment sections of any story about this mainly consist of :corsair: "BAHH BACK IN MY DAY!!!!!" and probably ramblings about the nonexistent stress cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

shyduck posted:

I was secretly hoping we wouldn't have a thread this month :(
Pay for your sins.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A guy spilled pop on the center console of our deployable comm truck, shorted out the security system, engaged an ignition interlock, and now the truck won't start. Good thing we're not sitting out in a field somewhere right now.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

invision posted:

NO FOOD OR DRINKS IN GOV'S.
$1 million dollar comm platform taken out by $2 energy drink.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Wild T posted:

On leave in Baltimore hung over as gently caress. Convinced some 19 year old I was a TACP "like remember what Tyrese did in Transformers? That's pretty much what I do... Fight giant robots." I realized the next day I should've pulled out and yelled "steel rain!" and now I'm genuinely kind of bummed I didn't think of it at the time :(

I'd believe you were a Trannyformer.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Lazy Reservist posted:

I hope he adds on to it and is force shaped out as a 7 year SrA.
I hope he loses a stripe.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

This douchbag from my basic flight was talking about getting the Air Force symbol "branded" on him. He was kicked out a few month later and is now in prison. I hope he went through with it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Remember that TDY I wanted to go on? The guy who drew the swastika on his housemate's cat gets to go.
Honestly all my interactions with him are pretty positive but still...

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Got drug tested, got out of enlisted call; Pretty sweet.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Cenen posted:

Holy poo poo the dude who raped someone on deployment back in 2012 just sent me a friend invite on Facebook. Like I didn't even really know the guy so why you would want to even think about that point in your life is beyond me.

What's the proper etiquette in this situation?
Accept it, post on their wall(?) to remind everyone what they did, unfriend them.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

What sort of outdoorsy poo poo it there to do around Yokota?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The only way Keesler is ever going to get with the program is by getting wiped out by a hurricane.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Prop Wash posted:

Welcome to the largest metropolitan area in the world.

If you can get any sort of vehicle at all you travel about an hour west and it's like you fall off the face of the world, just mountains and nothing else. So hiking, camping, some random sports. The mountains go high but there really isn't a lot of interest in hiking them for whatever reason so if you are interested in that stuff, get a guidebook. I know a couple people who go mountain biking pretty regularly. Winter sports are huge, depending on the time of year. I dunno, there really just isn't a lot of outdoors.

If you're going TDY then you'll want to make some friends who know where this stuff is pretty quick.
Nevermind, got hosed out of this trip too. Reason given was I'm already on orders and they apparently won't cancel them to give me a great opportunity like that. What I'm getting out of this is that I need to stop being a team player because it's getting me nowhere.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

why are there multiple AFB's with country clubs/golf courses on them?
It makes low class people feel high class.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

iyaayas01 posted:

The best are the ones that are from some Cold War era retiree's wife, talking about how her and her husband totally made sacrifices (you know, when being in the military meant getting paid to be permanently hammered while galavanting around Europe and East Asia) and how young whippersnappers today (you know, the guys who've been going to desert shitholes for the past 20 years, i.e. their whole time in the AF) just don't have the same work ethic or dedication or patriotism as the old folks.
Back when I was in we threw people out windows an' poo poo :bahgawd:

Now you got them stress cards, pussies...

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TheOtherGypsy posted:

Don't Worry. All the people who ask questions and the questions they ask will be vetted by your leadership. It's all canned.
*Chuck Norris Joke*

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Helldump Immunity. posted:

gently caress in 2005 they were out of date and awkward
Sorry for the :siren: BASIC TRAINING STORY :siren: but......

Way back in 2008 during some warrior weekend downtime we were up in the bleachers doing a Q&A with some fat lady Captain so she could feel important or something, and some MTI was sneaking around and encouraging trainees to ask her Chuck Norris Fact questions. I've seen some poo poo in my time but that stands out as one of the more cringe inducing memories, probably because it went on for 20 minutes and I couldn't just get up and walk away.

EDIT: The base took part in Denim Day yesterday. Somehow the part about it being about rape awareness got lost along the way.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 25, 2014

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CaptainStag posted:

Last time General Welsh came by the base to speak some guy called out his supervisor for being a muffin-topped fatty and asked why he should have to pass a PT test if his supervisor can't. I'm not sure what the point of doing that was but all the facial expressions in the room were pretty awesome.
I'd like to do that.
"So why does this fat piece of poo poo get to hold up our only Tech slot?"
:allears:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Some douche showed up for free food at Applebees on Veterans Day in his mess dress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

How else was he supposed to get his free spinach and artichoke dip?

Why do I know that's a thing they have

Applebee's is awful is what I'm saying
I already had Famous Dave's for lunch and Texas Roadhouse only appreciates my service between 11-3 apparently.

• Locked thread