Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Hey so is Kadena actually a decent place to PCS? It seems like it's kind of in the middle of nowhere looking at a map. I liked Vegas because it's not a military town so going OCONUS and ending up in the Japanese equivalent of Minot would kind of suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
^^^^
Contender for least gay post in this thread.

Well call me crazy but the poo poo clouds are on the horizon for this hospital and I'm looking to jump ship. It turns out the Air Forces strategy of hiring a ratio of 2:1-3:0 catty teenage girls to guys has resulted in a moody back logged mess that they apparently can't yell at because it's mean and makes people cry.
Either I'm going to end up in charge of clearing this backlog since I was the one who did it the last time or more likely I'll just be told to clear the backlog and do my regular job.

I could probably roll into Travis winthin the next year easy but I want to see the world and all that jazz so which OCONUS base is the best? Landstuhl, Kadena, Lankenheath?

Edit: Basically I'm tired of having been here one of the longest, I'm tired of being one of the most skilled and reliable, I'm REALLY loving tired of being the go to guy. I want to be the guy who gets OCONUS orders to a 4 man shop with less than a year on station because I'm so lovely I stand out even in this poo poo show. I want to be the person they don't put on patient care because they can't be trusted to not kill someone even with a Dr. hanging over their shoulder. I want to be the person who gets little crying breaks in the break room because answering a phone is so loving hard.

Cenen fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 9, 2014

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011

Derek Dominoe posted:

What exactly do you do? Are you looking for an inpatient gig or a small clinic? There's some hidden gems out there.

4H051 soon to be 4H071. Not counting Elmendorf we can really only go to Landstuhl, Kadena or Lankenheath and England is a really small shop they just recently topped off. Like the only other OCONUS we have is Hawaii a 1 person E6-E7 slot that I obviously don't have the rank nor any of the certs for. I don't know when we lost Turkey but from some of the stories I heard that place was pretty sketch.

Like I'd rather stay inpatient but I know that limits my choices even more so I'm willing to go back to a clinic because it sounds like they may start having the inpatient people start doing the clinics work because they are a bunch of worthless cry baby cunts who can't function on their own and should probably just be straight fired to make room for someone new to take a swing at putting papers in a drawer and answering a telephone.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
I don't know the answer to your main question but I can give you some solid advice. DO NOT gently caress AROUND WITH WORKING AND COLLECTING UNEMPLOYMENT.

I've seen the real life ramifications of this and Uncle Sam does not mess.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Ok well let me clear it up. The government will take you to court and fine the poo poo out of you and order you to payback the money you collected from unemployment while working and force you to move to a different state away from your family and kids so you can serve out the probation they also put on you. This happened to someone I work with ex and it is now affecting the clinic because her child care options are going to poo poo.

But yeah if that's all appealing to you go for it.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
I got a call from readiness yesterday morning about a possible upcoming deployment and I was the 4th out of 4 they called. One is getting out in three weeks, one is non-deployable because of pregnancy and the third just got back from a deployment and doesn't want to go again. That would pretty much ensure me a spot right? We have an E-5 shift lead saying I probably won't go because that would leave us short manned though, is that something that could happen? No way in gently caress I'm letting my last best chance to go to Afghanistan go without a fight I will show this place the meaning of freaking the gently caress out.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Thank you all for the real answers. gently caress this place.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Holy poo poo the dude who raped someone on deployment back in 2012 just sent me a friend invite on Facebook. Like I didn't even really know the guy so why you would want to even think about that point in your life is beyond me.

What's the proper etiquette in this situation?

Cenen fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Apr 14, 2014

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Favorite SAPR moment is a toss up between when some guy said "bitches be dumb always saying I raped them after I'd get them drunk and banged em', got me kicked out of Korea" or what was supposed to be a 20 minute briefing after our deployment rape issue turned into an almost hour long slog that resulted in the SAPR lady losing her poo poo and freaking out about how none of us should ever approach a woman again and how she seriously questioned if any of us had actually gotten consent in the past.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
It's probably different for officers but most of the going aways I've been to have been for lower enlisted and populated by lower enlisted so you kind of have to choose a place everyone can afford.

Did just go to a pretty good one for a SNCO at Pizza Rock on Fremont street on Friday which was pretty good then met some other friends down at Container Park which is pretty awesome aside from the hipsters if you've never been.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Feel like a lot of people are underestimating how many kids your average E-3 is popping out and how little their wives are working.

Edit: like seriously the majority of lower enlisted I've met with kids has at least 2 and a lot of the times 3. Super rare to see someone E-4 and under with just one is my experience. Now think about the kind of person who has that many kids with a job in the military and on that paycheck and are you really surprised that eating at some hardly mid rate chain restaurant might be something of a night out for them?

Cenen fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Apr 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
It's only the second promotion ceremony I'd ever been to and the first I'd been a part of but I'm guessing they are all generally a cluster gently caress. I did get to watch a very confused Airman get his slick sleeves tacked on by some random colonel and Senior for some reason that seemed to elude everyone.

That shits gotta be bad juju

Cenen fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 30, 2014

• Locked thread