Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

not not luvd posted:

Or huge luck with injuries and no European games. It's making me think for sure.
But your form has dropped since you got knocked out...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Tell me you didn't make this.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

not not luvd posted:

Our form has dropped since we lost our best players and set up against tactically superior teams like complete morons.
Doesn't this support the post you were originally contending?

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

not not luvd posted:

Maybe we're not talking about the same posts. It's a pointless discussion anyway. If you don't think Liverpool have been fantastically lucky this season (while still deserving a lot of credit and playing brilliantly) we're not really going to get anywhere.
Well not with that attitude no. I suppose it would be pointless for me to ask that you elaborate on that statement?

The no European football thing has definitely worked in our favour. What fantastical luck have we had?

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
hahaha

edit:- I'm sorry there's really nothing else i can add

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
I want Liverpool to win because scousers are the funniest best people with the biggest penises.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Taff posted:

Most of the Liverpool fans on here seem alright, but the ones I know in real life are simply the worst.
Same but with Man Utd fans who are guilty of almost all of the stuff they accuse other fans of, it's just that they've had the safety net of winning a whole bunch alongside it. Although it's been pretty funny reading on Redcafe "when did we turn into RAWK :(" like there was any real difference aside from the success of the teams.

Ravel posted:

He'll get a season long ban somehow
Does Cantona still hold the longest ban in the Premier League? Trying to think of a creative way Suarez could achieve this.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Gene Ricman posted:

If it were honestly just Liverpool winning the title, I'd be alright - they'll have deserved it. What I think the problem is for a lot of us is the fact all the loving wools in the land will be right up reminding us everyday that "they've" won the title. I can take the honest fans being made up, but its all the bellends who weren't even interested in footy three months ago suddenly trying to take the piss where it starts getting intolerable. It was absolutely awful in '05 - I can remember how incredibly frustrating it was trying to put up with people who'd never given a poo poo about footy before suddenly going on forever about "Stevie G lad!" when you've spent ridiculous amounts of time, effort and money watching everything from Barlow to Beattie constantly serve shite up in your face for years, and then when you make any sort of coherent point to them they just put their hand out to make a five and mouth "five times" like it was the football debate equivalent of garlic to a vampire. If you live in the city you had to put up with all these absolute loving weapons wherever you went, day in day out. It was horrible, and I'd imagine them winning the title being about ten times worse.

Myself personally, I'd take fourth every time. It'd be worth putting up with it all for the financial reasons alone (thats assuming we qualify...) But I can understand where others (its definitely a minority btw) are coming from.
Yeah but there is of course the other side of it, which is Everton fans seemingly competing with the above people to see who can be as obnoxious as possible.

There's very few people I talk to about football in real life because it just insufferable so you aren't alone fellow scuzzer.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

aeverous posted:

Yeah but imagine being in Glasgow or something.
No thank you!

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

blue footed boobie posted:

Actually they've made a lot of headlines and a bunch of TRP spergs have gotten their panties in a twist about him and also he's going to win the league, so...
Agreed, actually thinking for yourself is classic aspergers.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

serious gaylord posted:

I love Jose Mourinho.
Same, he's a living rorschach test. All our wildest fantasy's will be revealed if you look deep enough.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

blue footed boobie posted:

Just wait until the next time he says something awesome and everyone rushes to the EPL thread to say how "boring and predictable" he is and how they don't care about him. It's delicious stuff OP.
This isn't really true but I suspect you know this already, you whacky troll!

They grow up so fast. :3:

Burqa King posted:

My experience of Liverpool fans is that they're insufferable whether they lose or win. They are horribly sentimental and constantly talk about being victimised, more than the Jews even. I want them (Liverpool fans) to be ground to dust. I want the dust to be sealed in lead and dropped in the Irish Sea so it doesn't contaminate the rest of us.
jesus christ

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
I think if Chelsea win it then a lot of credit has to go to Mourinho for handicapping himself and still winning. The guy clearly just needs a challenge.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
A lot of my blue mates are very, very confident for 4th. Don't blame them tbh.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
I'm sorry but I'm so jaded and cynical that even if we beat City I will not be confident about winning the league. The other side of the coin is that a loss isn't the end of the world.

I've seen so many mad things in football that I don't dare believe anything until it's actually over.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Don't forget the time Liverpool fans organised a massive campaign to get a violent thug out of prison on the basis that he was scouse and that the man who'd been left with permanent brain damage wasn't scouse at all, and was in fact foreign.

Legitimately despicable.
Let's not forget you'd be arguing his innocence if you'd have been born 10 years earlier or so!

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

It doesn't matter in the slightest who he supports, if some United fans went on a piss-up tour through Europe and decide to smash a paving slab over somebody's head for no reason other than that he was doing his job, they'd be welcome to go stay in prison for a very long time and I'd be utterly embarrassed if anyone from the club had anything to do with any campaign or fundraising on their behalf.
I agree but if it makes you feel morally superior to pretend that I don't then good for you!

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

idk, the 90s maybe?

It just seems like your average Newcastle supporter's expectations are so far out of line with reality that they are close to surpassing England fans for the title of most unrealistic supporters.
"Seems like your average"...that classic start to a highly speculative point.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
once again, jose proves he's the kasparov of football management

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

ZeeBoi posted:

So apparently Evra voted Suarez as POTY
If true...wow...major respect for Evra.

Not sure I could ever summon the dignity that requires.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Shrapnig posted:

Really?

You're filling out a loving form.
I think it's pretty obvious the point I was making here. If you somehow didn't grasp it. wow.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
It's a shame Hodgson is managing England, I know how highly he's thought of by Utd fans.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Feel a bit bad for David Moyes tbh.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

St Evan Echoes posted:

I think there's already a goon called Cheryl Cole
Obviously should be my name!

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Hmm looks like Liverpool are bottling the title? I bet those posters who were complaining about the scoozers not declaring themselves outright favorites are eating their words now.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Classic mind games from Brendan there.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
There were a whole bunch of bad passes and movement from Liverpool in the second half but Chelsea were brilliant at blocking stuff off. They neutralized pretty much everything.

The idea that they were "ruthless" in scoring the goals is laughable though, considering the context of both.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Gerrard's won everything there is as a player except the BPL. He's not Matt Le Tissier
If there's one thing Americans have taught me from the Jozy thread, whatever stats you select tell the whole story.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
mmm I love me some juicy stat action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
So do Man Utd have some big money to spend this summer? There's a few key players confirmed gone already and there may be more after the season.

• Locked thread