Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Jack Trades posted:

Played against this lag-switching Honda just now.
http://imgur.com/a/n7wUZ
The dude keeps the game at something like 5 frames a second and has a script or something that invites you to a bunch of groups while you play.

It's so adorable I don't even want to decline the invites. :allears:

That's my best friend in the whole world, Aliktea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Sc-cIT4II

It's funny when he starts insulting you in Russian over the mic.

come on beetch
you vill die blyat
dun worry, u die noob

He uses VPN's to change his flag and I think he's on his 5th USF4 steam account by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

That's my best friend in the whole world, Aliktea.

This is even more hilarious if you know Russian. The button mashing that you can hear every time he goes for the grab makes it even better.

He constantly keeps talking about how he'll wreck your rear end and I'm genuinely puzzled by what his though process could be to have any kind of pride in trying to win by using lag-switching like that.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I think he's crazy, because he's been doing it since 2010. He says normal game speed is 'too fast'.:confused:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Jack Trades posted:

This is even more hilarious if you know Russian. The button mashing that you can hear every time he goes for the grab makes it even better.

He constantly keeps talking about how he'll wreck your rear end and I'm genuinely puzzled by what his though process could be to have any kind of pride in trying to win by using lag-switching like that.

His dad the oil magnate probably just throws money at him to shut him up, so he literally has nothing better to do.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I think he's crazy, because he's been doing it since 2010. He says normal game speed is 'too fast'.:confused:

Ultra Street Fighter: Tactics

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Enemy Cammy uses Spiral Arrow!
What do you do?
[Dragon Punch]
Hadouken
Crouching Jab
Taunt
Block

Jueg01
Jan 26, 2015
I think I got my first rage quit - Hugo (me) vs Evil Ryu.

2nd round, dude had me down to the last sliver and he had a decent chunk. I land the Ultra 1 and win the round to be greeted with a "Lost Connection" message.

We had a pretty good connection, and there was still one more round left, too. Wonder why he would leave like that?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

A.o.D. posted:

His dad the oil magnate probably just throws money at him to shut him up, so he literally has nothing better to do.

Is he actually Hakan

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

I'm having such a blast getting to know this game, I'm almost wishing I had more time before SFV comes out.

Yesterday I decided to practice teching throws. The tech window is so small! I've concluded that I can't really tech on reaction, so I have to kind of know a throw is coming in order to tech it. And of course just throwing out techs is super dangerous, so now I understand the point of crouch tech. Game makes sense! With the removal of crouch tech in SFV, have they nerfed throws at all to compensate?

It's also really fun to just sit in training mode and see what kind of combos I can find. I'm learning Chun since Balrog won't be available (at first) in SFV. I was proud to find a really sweet (but not very useful) 500 dmg combo: cr.HP xx mSBK -> Super. I tried to link the Ultra instead of the super but I couldn't get that to work.

Experimenting in training is such a great way to wind down after a bunch of online matches, I almost feel like I'm cheating when I look up combos online.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

giogadi posted:

I'm having such a blast getting to know this game, I'm almost wishing I had more time before SFV comes out.

Yesterday I decided to practice teching throws. The tech window is so small! I've concluded that I can't really tech on reaction, so I have to kind of know a throw is coming in order to tech it. And of course just throwing out techs is super dangerous, so now I understand the point of crouch tech. Game makes sense! With the removal of crouch tech in SFV, have they nerfed throws at all to compensate?

It's also really fun to just sit in training mode and see what kind of combos I can find. I'm learning Chun since Balrog won't be available (at first) in SFV. I was proud to find a really sweet (but not very useful) 500 dmg combo: cr.HP xx mSBK -> Super. I tried to link the Ultra instead of the super but I couldn't get that to work.

Experimenting in training is such a great way to wind down after a bunch of online matches, I almost feel like I'm cheating when I look up combos online.

Yeah throws are 5f in V. They're actually kind of weak in their current state.

And yeah, Street Fighter IV's combo system has a perfect balance of limitation and freedom to make it really fun to find out new combos, imo.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

giogadi posted:

They made them slower and also got rid of kara throws (or made them harder to do)

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

giogadi posted:

It's not like crouch tech is a mechanic they designed, it's just an option select that comes from how the game prioritizes inputs. Throws are already bad in SF4 compared to a lot of other games, for the record.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

lamentable dustman posted:

They made them slower and also got rid of kara throws (or made them harder to do)

throws dont even give hard knockdown in sfv

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zand posted:

throws dont even give hard knockdown in sfv

They prevent roll-recovery as far as I know.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No they don't.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Baal posted:

No they don't.

Throws definitely prevent (or maybe used to prevent in earlier versions) one of the two types of quick recovery.

At least in Beta 2, normal throws definitely prevents back-recovery.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 2, 2016

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Re-installed Windows to a new SSD and re-installed various Steam games. Trying to play now, I just get this message, despite being online in Steam.

Trying to select multi-player always goes back to this message, the same as when Steam servers go down sometimes.

Again, Steam works fine, I'm online and see my friends list. Anyone run into this and know how to fix it?

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Re-installed Windows to a new SSD and re-installed various Steam games. Trying to play now, I just get this message, despite being online in Steam.

Trying to select multi-player always goes back to this message, the same as when Steam servers go down sometimes.

Again, Steam works fine, I'm online and see my friends list. Anyone run into this and know how to fix it?

Bizarre; only thing I can think to ask is if you're 100% sure USF4 is completely updated?

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I turned on cloud sync and then turned if off again, seemed to fix it.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I just got a chance to play a bit of this game recently, and I really enjoyed it. For some reason, it reminded me of SFA3, the only fighting game I've ever really played extensively. I was wondering what version would be the best to pick up. I have a PS3 and a PS4 and would naturally default to PS4, but I heard that the PS4 version was a bug-riddled mess and I'm not sure if it's gotten better. Experiences?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

JustJeff88 posted:

I just got a chance to play a bit of this game recently, and I really enjoyed it. For some reason, it reminded me of SFA3, the only fighting game I've ever really played extensively. I was wondering what version would be the best to pick up. I have a PS3 and a PS4 and would naturally default to PS4, but I heard that the PS4 version was a bug-riddled mess and I'm not sure if it's gotten better. Experiences?

ps4 is fine now.

• Locked thread