Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

If the opponent wants to cross-up me on wake-up and I want to do a QCF-P motion.
Since he's changing direction relative to me and I have to input QCG while he's on one side and P while he's on another, which direction should I do the QCF motion in? The direction he was when I started the input or direction where he'll end up when I will activate it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Jack Trades posted:

If the opponent wants to cross-up me on wake-up and I want to do a QCF-P motion.
Since he's changing direction relative to me and I have to input QCG while he's on one side and P while he's on another, which direction should I do the QCF motion in? The direction he was when I started the input or direction where he'll end up when I will activate it?

The game is extremely lenient with inputs like this. If you input a QCF one way, get crossed up, and then press the button while the motion is still in the buffer, the QCF will have counted for the special move coming out the other way. You generally do the input the way you're facing, then wait until you turn around to press the button. Usually in a crossup situation your character turns around very late, or not at all, before the crossup hits, so you want to do the motion the direction they started from.

I'm also curious which move you're talking about, since there's not really any qcf punch moves that are invincible or would generally but useful on wakeup vs crossups.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I'm also curious which move you're talking about, since there's not really any qcf punch moves that are invincible or would generally but useful on wakeup vs crossups.

I don't know why I wrote QCF because I was thinking about QCB-PPP, Juri's EX Counter.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Haven't played since AE first came out, are their going to be any nerfs/buffs to Zangief? He's my favorite character by a large margin, and I'm just hoping he isnt getting nerfed into oblivion.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
In-game pics of the new alts, plus additional alt costumes for the new chars:

edit: ShadowNinja64 gave us a protip, the additional new costumes appear to be available only if you have SFxT save data on your system

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I have to say, I like the way they converted the Udon art to the 3D models, except for maybe Decapre's outfit, which besides the mask looks sorta bland in that shot of the model. Edit: Full disclosure, I can't read most Japanese, but the kana for SFxT save data get is all there in that bottom box.

Also, hell yes Janitor Rolento.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 16, 2014

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Trykt posted:

In-game pics of the new alts, plus additional alt costumes for the new chars:

edit: ShadowNinja64 gave us a protip, the additional new costumes appear to be available only if you have SFxT save data on your system

Is that plumber Rolento, Schoolgirl Elena, Dominatrix Poison and Skimpy Decapre at the bottom? :vince:

Good job I have SFxT for both PC and Xbox, yes I paid full price, yes I really am that stupid.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Yeah, those are the ones we're talking about needing SFxT save data to unlock.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I really dig plumber Rolento and Decapre with the Iron Mask. That almost makes me not regret buying SFxT at full price.

Actually, no, I still regret that.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

heres a cool vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfVaQDE63kk

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

The page doesn't say that you can only get the costumes by having SFxT data, just that they're unlocked if you do. This is probably how Japan gets them in lieu of a pre-order bonus.

Edit: Translation!

The blue box at the bottom of the page posted:

If you have Street Fighter x Tekken save data, you can use these same costumes for the five new characters. Don't delete your save!

Sarchasm fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 16, 2014

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm sure that you'll be able to get those skins one way or another anyway.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

I don't know man makoto has so much poo poo to blow meter on already when is she just gonna be sitting on a casual 3 bars.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I don't know man makoto has so much poo poo to blow meter on already when is she just gonna be sitting on a casual 3 bars.

Hit confirming something like that from a jab seems like it'd be worth it for that damage? I don't play makoto though.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Encouraging people to buy sfxt when it's going to stop working with gfwl is pretty classy on capcom's part.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Jeffrey posted:

Encouraging people to buy sfxt when it's going to stop working with gfwl is pretty classy on capcom's part.

It never worked anyway, sadly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qycLDTn4zk

I actually liked it when I started playing it on Xbox. I remember one guy actually got his mic out in the second round and starting shouting at me for playing a very basic zoning and anti-air team of GuilexPoison. I just pressed cr.hp with either character and learned precisely one tag combo starting off a jab and pretty much went online immediately. It just ended up taking ages to find matches until I gave up bothering.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Jeffrey posted:

Wouldn't the PC players be able to just share a save file and put it in the correct directory to get access to the outfits? Or does the game need to be installed? I guess we probably don't know yet for sure.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

GFWL saves can't be used between profiles.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

GFWL saves can't be used between profiles.

Awwwww :(

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Does this mean I might be able to redbox SFxT or buy an old copy and get the preorder costumes without preordering? That would be nice...

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

S.J. posted:

Wouldn't the PC players be able to just share a save file and put it in the correct directory to get access to the outfits? Or does the game need to be installed? I guess we probably don't know yet for sure.

Its not even clear what they will do in regards to the PC version, but I can pretty much guarantee there will be some kind of hack within the first couple weeks to unlock these costumes without having SFxT.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Magus42 posted:

Does this mean I might be able to redbox SFxT or buy an old copy and get the preorder costumes without preordering? That would be nice...

Not that I know of. The save costumes look to be the different ones from the pre-order ones (that will probably be up for sale a month after release.)

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Youtube channel KarinUSF4 has videos from the USF4 prerelease stream that featured Daigo, Mago, Tokido, and Bonchan playing both old and new characters (also Nuki using Chun-Li): https://www.youtube.com/user/KarinUSF4/videos

Also, just to link this specifically, this is some real fuckin damage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Cyq0gYNW8

Edit: The video tab ate my timestamp, it's at about 2:30.

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Also, just to link this specifically, this is some real fuckin damage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Cyq0gYNW8

Edit: The video tab ate my timestamp, it's at about 2:30.

Holy crap that super. It was scaled to 80% too, wasn't it?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This was the damage I've been waiting for.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

USF4's Arcade Opening Movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieHkwS7C2yw

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Hit confirm super is the first thing I am going to learn with Hugo.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
Are they being forced/heavily encouraged to use W for these previews? The damage is so laughably bad.
See 1 minute into this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsgUh8OTEn4

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Foodahn posted:

Are they being forced/heavily encouraged to use W for these previews? The damage is so laughably bad.
See 1 minute into this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsgUh8OTEn4

The answer is most likely yes, but W Ultra might still make sense for some characters just for the utility. Even though Hugo is one of those characters in the 60% damage with W Ultra bracket, having both available gives him a scary long range AA and a scary fast command grab. It's also not like he needs to get his damage from an ultra, anyway, considering how hard a lot of his poo poo hits.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
It's probably been asked before by why exactly is ultra combo double a W?

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

It's probably been asked before by why exactly is ultra combo double a W?

Because you've got Double Us

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

RickoniX posted:

Because you've got Double Us

Oh.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

It's not specific to Street Fighter, Japan just uses W as an abbreviation for "double." If you play any early RPGs you might run into stuff like "W Item" or "W Magic," and my favorite burger chain in Japan (Freshness Burger) proudly sells a "W Burger."

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Reminder:

quote:

Release Information:

Arcade Version: April 17th, 2014

SHOW ME THE MATCH VIDEOS OBAMA

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Snicker-Snack posted:

Holy crap that super. It was scaled to 80% too, wasn't it?

Hammer Mountain is the best ride in the tragic kingdom.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EexNgtZKjzY

Here's a recap trailer going over all the sweet new stuff we're getting with Ultra. Something that escaped my attention until now is that not only are we getting online training mode but they've added save states, so you can record a specific situation and quickly repeat it. Very welcome addition IMO.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Trykt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EexNgtZKjzY

Here's a recap trailer going over all the sweet new stuff we're getting with Ultra. Something that escaped my attention until now is that not only are we getting online training mode but they've added save states, so you can record a specific situation and quickly repeat it. Very welcome addition IMO.

gently caress yeah youtube upload, every game should have that. Speaking of replays, do we know if theyll finally allow recording offline matches? It was idiotic that the game supported replays and even let you go back 30 matches to pick which ones you wanna keep, but only for online matches.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I wonder if I'll be able to practice in training mode while I'm waiting for an opponent.
Right now waiting in arcade mode is quite dull and AI isn't that good for practicing.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

I wonder if I'll be able to practice in training mode while I'm waiting for an opponent.
Right now waiting in arcade mode is quite dull and AI isn't that good for practicing.

I doubt it. Just fight request as usual since online training will be under xbox live/PSN like endless and team battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.
Have been messing around with SF4 for a while now and am still working on picking a primary dude (have been doing blanka/balrog mostly). I have also been trying to pick up BlazBlue and really like Hakumen's reactive play. Is there a character that is particularly reactive in SF4, so who focuses more on counters and punishes?

• Locked thread