Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
I unironically love the doodles on the jacket. :3:

I feel like I've gone from laughing at the madness to rooting for this artist's crazy jfk stuff??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

BloodWulfe posted:

I unironically love the doodles on the jacket. :3:

I feel like I've gone from laughing at the madness to rooting for this artist's crazy jfk stuff??

Yes, I think she is rad and should continue whatever the hell it is she is doing :kimchi:

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

We're seeing a lot of JFK himself. Does his omnisexual harem get much screen time, or are they just a bizarre, nigh-invisible detail that grounds the adventures of JFK, steampunk moon emperor?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

betaraywil posted:

We're seeing a lot of JFK himself. Does his omnisexual harem get much screen time, or are they just a bizarre, nigh-invisible detail that grounds the adventures of JFK, steampunk moon emperor?

They're all actually quite important and show up a lot. It's just less interesting because they're not JFK.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

betaraywil posted:

Pick will have to correct me, but I'm pretty sure that since the world isn't industrialized, JFK is an Enlightenment moon emperor :colbert:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Well, I have just watched this, and I am absolutely crushed I cannot make a 24 minute .gif, and that .gifs cannot express bizarre audio cuts.

You would not believe how ambitious this was. There are a ton of fairly complex tricks applied here, but you can't help but think she should have maybe become adept at one instead of trying them all. (There are integrated 3D models!)

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Were there plenty of falling leaves as we were promised?

Pick posted:

bizarre audio cuts.
Is it an issue with the English dub - have you checked it out in the original French?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The backgrounds are actually quite nice and there are an ASSLOAD of foliage effects.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I just realized I have Lady Ice too, I could do an entire thread on misguided 1-person animated passion projects :aaa:

Dec 26, 2012

Pick posted:

I just realized I have Lady Ice too, I could do an entire thread on misguided 1-person animated passion projects :aaa:

do it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Any additional recommendations?

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
I'm not familiar enough with the "1-person animated passion projects" genre, but yeah, do it even if it's just this and lady ice

Either way share your full impressions of crazy jfk animation. I'm especially interested in the 3D models inserted (jarringly I'm assuming) into the movie.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Pick posted:

So did this thread manifest itself, Pick?

Also I need more JFK gifs.

E: also I don't want this thread to die

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
oh yeah poo poo whoops, it did, in CinD

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Pick posted:

oh yeah poo poo whoops, it did, in CinD

dont be such a tease and link it

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

babypolis posted:

dont be such a tease and link it

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3628986

i'm disappointed that i didn't know about it until now

CountButtula
Jan 5, 2014
this is a good thread

I done never said it before but this is a good thread

thanks OP

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
I forgot about this thread until the webcomic mock thread mentioned it again. I am SO jealous. I wanna see that movie. :kimchi:

Also: Who wants JFK avatars or signatures? I could give it a shot!

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Aug 14, 2014

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
.....I made them anyway. I have no self control. :parrot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Freakbox posted:

.....I made them anyway. I have no self control. :parrot:

That's is an awesome sig and I think it should be a gang tag instead.

• Locked thread