Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Keith, important question. By your reasoning, are baseball and cricket the same?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Holy poo poo, I didn't think you actually could get Angemon!

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
I was like 99% sure you were gonna let Monzaemon die in that Gururumon fight

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

FractalSandwich posted:

Keith, important question. By your reasoning, are baseball and cricket the same?

doesnt cricket take days to play? that's pretty different

but yeah, sure, what the hell. it's just that cricket is immensely unpopular outside, like, india, pakistan and england

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
Australia is all about cricket.

The word "crikey" actually came from a frequent typo when Australians tried to write "cricket" excitedly.

Also Bowie's Ashes to Ashes is about cricket.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Somethingdumb posted:

doesnt cricket take days to play? that's pretty different

but yeah, sure, what the hell. it's just that cricket is immensely unpopular outside, like, india, pakistan and england

Test cricket takes 5 days, but there are 1 day events as well.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

For what it's worth, if anyone is interested, that Digimon Re:Digitize translation thing is finished now.

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

...let's just put this away.

07/29/14
Bonus: Part 36.5

I'm calling this a bonus episode because we just talk and don't really play the game. I don't know why we do what we do. Real episodes to follow!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I saw this post and checked my youtube subs, and when I didn't see the new video there, I thought at first that this was a goon sclusie.

funky not a junkie
Aug 5, 2011
there was a speedrun of this game at sgdq, its pretty cool if youre interested in this kind of stuff :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qamDP3OLYF8

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

Bonus: Part 37

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I still have no idea what's going on in this Digimon world, but I disagree with Keith re: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That Bakemon recruitment is just this game all over. Say the right things to this guy you can't understand and also he looks the same as all these normal encounters only he doesn't have a hat. I swear this game just reveled in being obtuse.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Not to say that it doesn't have stuff in it that people will find objectionable, because sure it does. Just that I disagree that it's not funny enough to make up for it.

And Jane Krakowski's character is the funniest twist on a passing narrative (admittedly a complex and troublesome topic) I've seen.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

McDragon posted:

That Bakemon recruitment is just this game all over. Say the right things to this guy you can't understand and also he looks the same as all these normal encounters only he doesn't have a hat. I swear this game just reveled in being obtuse.

If you have your own Bakemon, his dialogue is translated.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

McDragon posted:

If you think Bakemon's recruitment parameters are bad, you're gonna be flabbergasted by some of the later digimon.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Colapops posted:

If you think Bakemon's recruitment parameters are bad, you're gonna be flabbergasted by some of the later digimon.

Oh yeah, there's definitely some that are more out of the way or trickier to find/recruit, it's just this particular one seems to embody the quirkiness of recruitment.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Colapops posted:

It gets worse than "have this specific digimon out of God knows how many and talk to this guy that is almost identical to all of the other enemies, pray you guess right otherwise"? Because that's like Regirock/ice/steel levels of meaningless obtuseness.

Although, this is a poorly translated RPG version of an adventure game based on a tamagachi, so who knows what sort of backwards thinking went into bringing this monstrosity to the shelves...

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

"Bakemon with a hat" is technically a different Digimon called Soulmon. :v:

Not gonna try to defend Bakemon's recruitment, though. It is pretty much the epitome of Digimon World as a whole.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

The Door Frame posted:

It gets worse than "have this specific digimon out of God knows how many and talk to this guy that is almost identical to all of the other enemies, pray you guess right otherwise"? Because that's like Regirock/ice/steel levels of meaningless obtuseness.

Although, this is a poorly translated RPG version of an adventure game based on a tamagachi, so who knows what sort of backwards thinking went into bringing this monstrosity to the shelves...

Yes, there are actually worse recruitments. Some of them are as simple-but-dumbfounding as "go to this one specific screen and you have a 1/100 chance of seeing a certain digimon" and others are... well, you'll see. Bakemon might have something to do with the worst one!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I've always read that you can have your own Bakemon and the dialog is translated but i don't think i've ever actually seen that translated dialog. Like nobody has ever put forth the effort to actually do it the "intended" way when it's way easier just to go Yes,Yes,No and be done with it.

Just kind adds to this games "playground rumors" kind of vibe that it has to this very day :allears:

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

Part 38

LoseHound
Nov 10, 2012
Good afternoon, Monzaemon. Good afternoon forever.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

May flights of Angemon sing thee to thy rest...again.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

if you guys aren't above save-reseting this might be a good time to try to beat Monochromon's item shop minigame in the great canyon and expand the item shop.
Also, if you're not above digi-child abuse, you can take your precious baby to freezeland, let it get sick, faint from sickness and then frigimon will rescue it. Come back later to frigimon's house with a digimon that likes the cold and he'll join up.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I hope you guys manage to recruit my favourite Digimon, Rashomon. I've heard it's in this game somewhere, but I've gotten a bunch of conflicting reports about how to find it.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Stupid Monzaemon, it had to be the morning of day 17 just to ruin my prediction, didn't it? Go for a Kunemon next, he's super easy to get and his basic attack with the moderate command will stunlock almost any opponent up to boss champions

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

I've only been watching your Digimon videos. :v:

funky not a junkie
Aug 5, 2011
I hope you guys can find vademon :)

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

AriadneThread posted:

if you guys aren't above save-reseting this might be a good time to try to beat Monochromon's item shop minigame in the great canyon and expand the item shop.
Also, if you're not above digi-child abuse, you can take your precious baby to freezeland, let it get sick, faint from sickness and then frigimon will rescue it. Come back later to frigimon's house with a digimon that likes the cold and he'll join up.

Do these things please.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Rose Spirit posted:

I've only been watching your Digimon videos. :v:

Only Digimon, Sanic, and a couple of Run offs over here. I don't like Mario and watching someone stumble through SH puzzles that you have already solved 5 minutes is slightly maddening no matter how good the commentary or game itself is

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

FractalSandwich posted:

I hope you guys manage to recruit my favourite Digimon, Rashomon. I've heard it's in this game somewhere, but I've gotten a bunch of conflicting reports about how to find it.

...this works disturbingly well with this game. :psyduck:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

They run a train on the girl at the end because i think the idea was that the clown was a figment of their childhood imaginations. Therefore if they all have sex then they aren't kids anymore!

Yeah even Steven King regrets writing it, he was kind of a drug addict at the time.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wow, Monzaemon managed to unlock a lot for you, didn't he? Including another doom bear for if you make too many care mistakes! I hope your next guy out can finally take you to the end of this game.

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

Part 39

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

They run a train on the girl at the end because i think the idea was that the clown was a figment of their childhood imaginations. Therefore if they all have sex then they aren't kids anymore!

Yeah even Steven King regrets writing it, he was kind of a drug addict at the time.
Oh, yeah. He was TOTALLY a drug addict. Now that you point that out, it makes a lot more sense.

FractalSandwich posted:

UGH, where were you when we were looking for Digimon name suggestions??

19LettersLong fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 19, 2015

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
if you guys ever try to make a whamon again name him salmon

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
I exclusively use contentburger.biz when I want to go to your Patreon.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
What is "Water Blit" supposed to mean, anyway? The only meaning of the word "blit" that I know of has to do with computer graphics, which is marginally appropriate, I guess, but it doesn't seem like what they were going for.

19LettersLong posted:

UGH, where were you when we were looking for Digimon name suggestions??
I didn't think of it until you mentioned that "Monzaemon" is a pun on a real proper noun. :(

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

What is "Water Blit" supposed to mean, anyway? The only meaning of the word "blit" that I know of has to do with computer graphics, which is marginally appropriate, I guess, but it doesn't seem like what they were going for.
"Water Blitz," done in by tight text restrictions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

I assumed it was a poorly translated "water bullet"?

• Locked thread