Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
West coast riders - Come one, come all, to the open trackday on June 2nd.

It'll be the new, 5 mile course, open group format, so no sessions, just the track goes live and you ride. Wanna gently caress with your suspension? No big deal, just pull into the hot pits, adjust the clickers, and off you go. Wanna ride with your new buddy or get a tow from a faster guy? Just pull into the pits, snag them, and go out and ride!

It will ruin you forever on trackdays that have sessions, though, so fair warning. I think last year I put in 250+ track miles across half a dozen different bikes. It was amazing.

Last year we had 12 people there, roughly, including the visiting Australian, the guy that taught me to work on bikes, my wife, and a bunch of my friends. It was pretty much the most fun I've ever had on a trackday.

This year confirmed are:

Motomind
FuzzyWuzzyBear
My friend with the Brammo/gsx-r750
Spiffness
Zool
Gullous
Bugdrvr
ADINSX
Plus another half dozen of my friends who don't post here.

It's a great group of people, we'll be some of the first on the new 5 mile course, come out and ride.

This is also where I shame my friends who haven't signed up yet into signing up.

Post up here with contact info/PM me and I'll send you the sign up info. If you've never been to the track before, this is a great chance to get in on it - we can help you arrange transportation, set your bike up, safety check it, etc. Come out and have fun :)

Z3n fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
That looks amazing! I'm super jealous.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
Will the RSF450R be there?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
if I get it done, yes!

No you may not crash it.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
So you're not going to let me ride then? :(

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

Super excited about this! Time off of work booked, check sent the other day, bike is almost deshittyfied.

My weapon for people following to close will be the cloud of black widows flying from my bike :)

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Sold my track-bike just in time for this!

Gunna be rocking the 749 till it blows up, then I'll steal and crash one of Zool's bikes, per-tradition.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Yeah it's gonna be rad. I think TarzansPuma will show up too, and ride the 675. Maybe even buy it.

Also an S1000RR and rider might show up.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Ok I'm down. All I've got is a ratty old sv650 and some street riding gear, I don't suppose anyone will be renting leathers? Or should I start looking for an affordable one piece?

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Let's see who can catch the most air off T5!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

ADINSX posted:

Ok I'm down. All I've got is a ratty old sv650 and some street riding gear, I don't suppose anyone will be renting leathers? Or should I start looking for an affordable one piece?

Swing by Helimot, he probably has some used leathers in a size that might fit you for cheap. Or yeah, just start looking for an affordable one piece. I'll be heading down to Helimot soon to get my new gloves adjusted, probably be there around 12:30?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
hmmmm...

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Do it!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
There are 06-07 600/750 race plastics brand new listed over at WERA for $450... just need those and a new helmet. It's really loving far (900mi one way) though :/

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

There are 06-07 600/750 race plastics brand new listed over at WERA for $450... just need those and a new helmet. It's really loving far (900mi one way) though :/

Could a hooked you up two weeks ago!

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Z3n posted:

Swing by Helimot, he probably has some used leathers in a size that might fit you for cheap. Or yeah, just start looking for an affordable one piece. I'll be heading down to Helimot soon to get my new gloves adjusted, probably be there around 12:30?

Went to a baseball game yesterday and didn't see this post. This looks like a good store to check out though, I'll probably swing by next weekend (looks like they're closed on sundays)

You mentioned there was a form or something and an entrance fee, are those avaliable on thunderhill's site or do you have some handy? If you like you can mail me at ADINSX.sa@gmail.com

Real excited to check it out, this is something I've been meaning to try out.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Email sent

Bazacko
Nov 23, 2008
Could I get an invite too (kyler.dotson(a)gmail)? I don't post much, but I ride with half the guys in this thread. We all did Thunderhill at the end of last year (my first time there) and a 5-mile track, open format, sounds like the closest thing to motorcycling heaven I'll ever be able to afford.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

It really is. Not to oversell it, but me and Spiff were talking on the way back from the trackday last year and agreed it was pretty much one of the best days motorcycling we'd ever had.

Good times.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
What are the new changes to the track anyway?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Angryboot posted:

What are the new changes to the track anyway?

They basically added a complete second track - now it's Thunderhill East and West - this trackday just combines both tracks, the old and the new, into a giant 5 mile track, like the perimeter track at Miller.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Bumping this, it's going to be amazing, let's do it.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
What was the price again?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

260 bucks via paypal, 250 if you send in a check.

Doesn't look like the RS450 will be there, but instead will be rocking the Bandit 400.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

I have gotten my confirmation email so go ahead and add me to the confirmed list.

Also since the date is coming up.... how are you all getting there? Is there space on anyone's truck for an sv650? I will buy you all the beer.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I'm struggling to figure out how to get the 7 bikes coming from my place...

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Where should I be looking at getting a hotel for the Sunday before since I'll be riding to the track? Figure Sunday hotel up north, track Monday then Sf hotel Monday night, ride home or at least down to La Tuesday.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Anywhere in Willows, CA is fine. I'm still debating if I want to head up the night before or not. Haven't decided.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
gently caress. This is like three days before I get to California.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

This is getting pretty goony

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Well ya now that you've showed up.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Z3n posted:

I'm struggling to figure out how to get the 7 bikes coming from my place...

wanna split a uhaul or something?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I am excited. I'm going to die.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

ADINSX posted:

wanna split a uhaul or something?

Already probably towing a 6x12 uhaul trailer. But im sure there will be carpool opportunities that will come up.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

ADINSX posted:

I have gotten my confirmation email so go ahead and add me to the confirmed list.

Also since the date is coming up.... how are you all getting there? Is there space on anyone's truck for an sv650? I will buy you all the beer.

I will be in Oakland before driving up on Sunday so if you think we can put an SV beside my bike in the back of my Ranger I can swing by and pick your bike up. Or I'm down for pulling a trailer if you have access to one.

I'm probably going to be riding up with a friend though so unless she cancels you would still have to drive up.

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Also down for carpool opportunities. I'm in SF. Don't really care when I leave but if it's Sunday it has to be in the late afternoon at the earliest.

Last year I just rode there morning of and rode back that evening. Pussies.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Spiffness posted:

This is getting pretty goony

Change the thread title to West Coast CA goon meet. If we're the first one's to ride the 5-mile course... Someone is going to set the track record!

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
I saw a post on Facebook about the West extension not being ready for the event. Can anyone confirm?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Gullous posted:

I saw a post on Facebook about the West extension not being ready for the event. Can anyone confirm?

Yeah unfortunately the west section still isnt done :( always a risk with these sorts of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

What time you guys all getting there? I'm probably going to be there around 5 or 6 I'd guess depending upon motivation level to start driving.

Anyone want to meet up for dinner? A friend used to race up there all the time and said a place called Dos Coyotes is awesome so I'm going to check it out.

• Locked thread