Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

homewrecker posted:

I really have no idea how to get silver (let alone gold for that matter) on the Big Air challenge. I've watched replays of other people doing it and I try to imitate what they did, but I still can't manage to get over that first little drop so I top out at like 30 metres.

Don't even look at my rider just watch what controls I'm pushing; I lean back then forward right at the end, and bail out after hitting forward. Then I hold the stick diagonal up/right and flyyyy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHWm20ughZE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Have any PS4 players been having this game crash on them often? The last time I played it and tried loading up a list of user-generated levels, everything went wonky to the point I had to manually restart the system. I might have to wait for a patch before trying this game again.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Behonkiss posted:

Have any PS4 players been having this game crash on them often? The last time I played it and tried loading up a list of user-generated levels, everything went wonky to the point I had to manually restart the system. I might have to wait for a patch before trying this game again.

The only time it's crashed for me is trying to record a video clip. Otherwise 20+ hours crash free.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Playing this on PC, and pretty much anytime I try to back out of the slow rear end vehicle selection screen, it freezes or crashes the game. This whole thing feels very unfinished.

Rhym
Jan 2, 2007
Helloes?

homewrecker posted:

I really have no idea how to get silver (let alone gold for that matter) on the Big Air challenge. I've watched replays of other people doing it and I try to imitate what they did, but I still can't manage to get over that first little drop so I top out at like 30 metres.

But apart from that, I'm having a lot of fun with the rest of the career mode. It's just so satisfying to go back to a level that you were struggling with the day before, and then get a gold on it within a few tries.

Basically you want a few things to all click for a gold medal here:

- Build up as much speed as possible down the ramp.
- Lean back a few moments before the edge, then lean forward and eject yourself, literally thowing yourself forward.
- Hold the stick right and up, something like a 40deg angle for the entire flight.

I finally nailed it using this method, landing gracefully on my face 127m down the slope.

Dinosorcerer
Sep 2, 2011
Added my name to the PC Uplay list, will add names off there too.

I am by no means a skillful player, although I get by with brute force attempts usually...
Liking this latest iteration, looks good and has that addictive Trials style. Like, really addictive.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Narcissus1916 posted:

I came close to buying Fusion for the 360 today in a weak moment, but then watched a youtube "Best Trials fusion user tracks" and saw several veteran creators (Kalnius stood out) making tracks for the Xboxone version of the game.

Can anyone who has the 360 version check out the user created stuff to see if there's still good stuff being made? I don't know if the 360 or the PS4 version will have a better userbase for created levels. :ohdear:

My understanding is that the tracks are platform agnostic since it's using Uplay this time around. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure a track made on one platform is available on all other platforms, they may just not perform as well.

I can definitely confirm though that good tracks are available on 360. Dozens, if not hundreds at this point.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
Thank loving christ for that. I've finally got the last trials-track plat in the TKO-panda tier What a tedious loving time of it that was. I aggressively dislike that piece of poo poo vehicle, and resent that an entire tier of tracks was locked to it. :argh:

Uh...

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest :stare:

But seriously, gently caress that thing.

magimix fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 28, 2014

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Added my name to the PC list; will add y'all to my uplay list later tonight.

Cyra posted:

Playing this on PC, and pretty much anytime I try to back out of the slow rear end vehicle selection screen, it freezes or crashes the game. This whole thing feels very unfinished.
What's your PC's build like? The game runs pretty flawlessly on my rig at the default "High" settings, which is by no means bleeding edge (1st gen i5-750, GTX-670 for processor/GPU. 16GB DDR3 RAM would be the only real outlier in terms of what most people have in their rig). The only time I've had it crash is when I was intentionally trying to max out the track editor by placing a shitload of complex parts/effects to see how bad it bogs down with all that placed at the same time.

It does tend to chug up a bit when I stream the game at the same time, but that's sort of to be expected since streaming puts additional strain on my CPU/GPU. Lowering the settings to "normal" is usually enough to get around that on all but the most jam-packed of tracks. Also, yeah, the bike menu is slow as dogshit to load the actual garage/bikes.

Are you on a laptop? I remember reading on the Redlynx forums that the game might have issues with some Mobile video chipsets for whatever reason.

Arms_Akimbo posted:

My understanding is that the tracks are platform agnostic since it's using Uplay this time around. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure a track made on one platform is available on all other platforms, they may just not perform as well.

I can definitely confirm though that good tracks are available on 360. Dozens, if not hundreds at this point.
They're "looking in to it" according to dev posts on the RL forums, which is usually a polite way for devs to say "ain't happening."

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I'm running a GTX 780 and an i7 4770k on 16 gigs of ram, so.

On the giantbomb quicklook the load times for the garage were atrocious too. Must just be a problem on the game's side.

Hell, it doesn't even remember graphics settings between play sessions. The game itself runs flawlessly even maxed out, it's just the lovely load times for the garage/outfits and its tendency to crash if you try to back out while it's loading.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
Are you talking about the bike selection screen? The models load stupidly slowly, but I can select which bike to use almost instantly by seeing the text.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Anyone have any tips for the obstacle here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAhNgRgvBvw&t=250s

I'm about ready to throw my controller through the screen. I've watched about half a dozen videos of people doing it and for whatever reason I can't seem to recreate it. I never seem to get the same sort of launch speed or maintain any speed throughout it. I lose a lost of momentum landing on the platform.

edit: Nevermind. Of course 5 minutes after I post this I make it.

leftist heap fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 29, 2014

PirateNipple
Apr 5, 2004

Here's a bit of a track I'm working on for the PS4 version

Going with a simple abstract theme so I can just focus on obstacles, aiming for early to medium Extreme difficulty (I haven't beat Inferno 4 :().

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
So what's the deal with tricks exactly, for me they often don't register. Do I have to not be flipping while doing them or do I have to hold them for longer, after a certain amount of air or what?

Otherwise superfun plus bonus that unlike the previous game this one gets a decently smooth frame-rate on PC. Also can anyone who actually used the track creator last time comment on whether this games creation tools are more powerful/easier/harder?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Bushmaori posted:

Otherwise superfun plus bonus that unlike the previous game this one gets a decently smooth frame-rate on PC. Also can anyone who actually used the track creator last time comment on whether this games creation tools are more powerful/easier/harder?

I've only had a brief look at it, but it seems to have all the same features as the Evo editor after both expansions. Which is to say that the sky is the limit, and anything you see in an official map - no matter how crazy and esoteric - can be created with the editor.

Some of the stuff done with the editor with Evo on the 360 is mindblowingly advanced.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Bushmaori posted:

So what's the deal with tricks exactly, for me they often don't register. Do I have to not be flipping while doing them or do I have to hold them for longer, after a certain amount of air or what?

If you've just started the game, the tricks aren't unlocked yet and you can't do them. I also thought I was doing something wrong.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Nah I'm past where they were introduced and I've been able to complete all the events with them so far but they seem extremely unreliable so either they are programmed a bit funny or I am doing something wrong, regardless thanks for the replies.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Bushmaori posted:

Nah I'm past where they were introduced and I've been able to complete all the events with them so far but they seem extremely unreliable so either they are programmed a bit funny or I am doing something wrong, regardless thanks for the replies.

Yea I'm having the same issue, I'll pull a trick for a solid 3-4second airtime, but it will either not register at all, or only register just at the end.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I just read that the option to create and download more supercross tracks has been removed.

What.The.Hell?

While I can easily see how much easier the new track central is to navigate if I get used to it, its also missing a ton of features that I can't seem to access...

- I seriously can't pull up the tracks that were "most downloaded"?

- Browsing walls and walls of text by the search option is really killing my buzz. Is there a way to just switch to the screenshot image-driven layout without having to go to the automatically sorted categories?

- And can I seriously not search by specific tags, like "scenic" or "themed"?

Sorry for being Nancy Negative, but track central could really use a tutorial or something. But I'm playing on a 19" HDTV and the text size is miserably small. Hard for me to get excited by track challenges when I have to squint to read them.

Narcissus1916 fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Apr 29, 2014

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?
Can I get added to the Xbone list in the OP?

GT is Matazar

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

XB1/PS4 people, a question: If you've got Trials Fusion, how many tracks does it list in Track Central right now? PC is a 391 and rising.

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

'sup :buddy:
It's above 4000 on PS4, probably 5000 now?

PirateNipple
Apr 5, 2004

5,000+ tracks and 170,000 on the PS4 general leaderboards this morning, I'm curious what the other platforms' leaderboards look like.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

feraltennisprodigy posted:

It's above 4000 on PS4, probably 5000 now?

Christ. PC version hasn't been shifting units, has it? You'd think that the easier editing (because of mouse/keyboard) would skew things a little, but apparently not.

Edit: Also, PC version has some weird problems that were acknowledged by the devs during beta, but never got fixed, like various detail options (such as Ambient Occlusion) not sticking and needing turning on every time you load the game. Or the bike selection screen taking FOREVER, or the game straight-up crashing if you try moving too quick through the Track Central menus.

All that plus online multiplayer still not being in? It feels a bit rushed. I've lost count of how many times my rider has glitched out even on easy tracks. Landing hard causes your skeleton to break or merge with the bike.

Edit: PC leaderboards have 27k players on the first track. By the end of the Medium tracks it's down to 17k.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 29, 2014

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Just checked the 360 version ... for science!

3091 tracks. 86k on the leaderboards.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost
Having had a chance to play both the PS4 and PC versions (I had to buy the PC version so I could get into the beta, and I had to buy the PS4 version because it released before the PC version. :colbert:), PS4 is definitely 'lead platform' for me.

Edit; Indeed, on the PC version I haven't even bothered to finish off grinding out the lower tiers to get at the extremes. I will admit it doesn't help that one of the last patches during the beta took a game that ran in silky-smooth 1080p and turned it into one that often runs in slow-mo (regardless of settings), and hitches like a mofo. :eng99:

magimix fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Apr 29, 2014

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Dominic White posted:

XB1/PS4 people, a question: If you've got Trials Fusion, how many tracks does it list in Track Central right now? PC is a 391 and rising.

PirateNipple posted:

5,000+ tracks and 170,000 on the PS4 general leaderboards this morning, I'm curious what the other platforms' leaderboards look like.

Xbone has 5,639 tracks and 210,885 ranked players on the Leaderboards. 4/29/14 at 10:36 AM EST.

I don't like how the OP is insinuating that I'm bad at Trials when I'm not :colbert:

Agoat fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 29, 2014

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Bushmaori posted:

I can just flip the right stick around and do a triple backflip and it will register as 0 points. It seems like you have to very deliberate about doing the tricks. I like the physics-based trick system but how it's scored kind of sucks.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

wa27 posted:

I can just flip the right stick around and do a triple backflip and it will register as 0 points. It seems like you have to very deliberate about doing the tricks. I like the physics-based trick system but how it's scored kind of sucks.

Yeah, it can be super picky about registering. I do note that when a trick *does* register, for the ones involving poses at the least, there is a sound effect indicating this. Useful to listen for, so you know when you can move to the next trick in a combo.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Agoat posted:

Xbone has 5,639 tracks and 210,885 ranked players on the Leaderboards. 4/29/14 at 10:36 AM EST.

Yeowch. So, between them, the console versions have 13,000 user-made tracks and counting. PC version hasn't even broken 400 yet. That's pretty pitiful. I'm strongly considering getting the PS4 version as soon as it's discounted somewhere. Once I have a PS4, of course.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Dominic White posted:

Yeowch. So, between them, the console versions have 13,000 user-made tracks and counting. PC version hasn't even broken 400 yet. That's pretty pitiful. I'm strongly considering getting the PS4 version as soon as it's discounted somewhere. Once I have a PS4, of course.

Those PC "master race" people should be grateful they've been blessed with Trials. :colbert:

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Agoat posted:

Those PC "master race" people should be grateful they've been blessed with Trials. :colbert:

Trials was on the PC first. http://store.steampowered.com/app/16600/

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Yup, I remember after HD came out I tried to pick up Trials 2 again and good god is it hard just using the arrow keys.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

We might have had it first, but ever since Redlynx made it big on consoles, we've been getting table-scraps. Sad to see it sell so badly on the home platform, and despite the advantage of an easier toolkit, there's only a tiny selection of user-made maps to pick from.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Has anyone figured out what the switch behind you on Temple Trouble does? The one where you have to use the first ramp to work your way backwards?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
It's for the hidden squirrel on that track. There's a sequence of them throughout the course that you have to hit in order.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

Dominic White posted:

We might have had it first, but ever since Redlynx made it big on consoles, we've been getting table-scraps. Sad to see it sell so badly on the home platform, and despite the advantage of an easier toolkit, there's only a tiny selection of user-made maps to pick from.

Despite you not being a piss-artist, I still thought you might be exaggerating, so I fired up the PC version... Man, PS4 had a larger leader-board and more TC tracks on the *afternoon* of the game's release on that platform :stare: (And some of the tracks were even passably ridable and good! I've actually been quite impressed with what people have been adding to PS4 Track Central over the last couple of weeks.)

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

It's worth keeping in mind that the PC version was the last one released. A lot of people got the console version instead because it was available sooner, and while double-dipping may be common around here, it's generally considered a waste of money. Also consider that the series' popularity skyrocketed with console releases. Where it originated doesn't mean anything if a huge chunk of its fanbase associates it with console games. And lastly, Evo's PC port was less than satisfying, so I'm sure a not-insignificant number of people passed on it or are waiting on a sale because they expect a repeat.

I'm completely unsurprised that the PC version's track central is less popular. In the future, it will probably have much longer legs, though.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

Funkmaster General posted:

It's worth keeping in mind that the PC version was the last one released. A lot of people got the console version instead because it was available sooner, and while double-dipping may be common around here, it's generally considered a waste of money. Also consider that the series' popularity skyrocketed with console releases. Where it originated doesn't mean anything if a huge chunk of its fanbase associates it with console games. And lastly, Evo's PC port was less than satisfying, so I'm sure a not-insignificant number of people passed on it or are waiting on a sale because they expect a repeat.

I'm completely unsurprised that the PC version's track central is less popular. In the future, it will probably have much longer legs, though.

I remember having the same discussion when Evo Gold came out, though I can't remember who it was with :haw: Qualify 'long legs'. Do you think it'll do more on PC over the next 6 months than Evo Gold? How do you think it'll stack up against the console versions.

Edit: In today's "nostalgia corner" you did remind me of a post I made back before Trials HD came out, where I expressed concern that the game wouldn't sell well, because it was in real terms a niche title on PC. Man was I happy to be wrong about that one!

magimix fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Downloadable "budget" titles like these have notoriously short attention-holding power on consoles. I think by this time next year, the console versions' track central will be limited to a very slow trickle of content from the more hardcore track designers, while the PC version will still be seeing decent flow.

I remember with Evo, every DLC pack released on the 360 had fewer and fewer opponents on my personal leaderboards. If I went back to the base tracks I had a massive chunk of people to compete with, but by Riders of Doom I was going against a single opponent.

• Locked thread