Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Years later and Trials Fusion STILL doesn't have an option to sort by Tag or Type.

I loved Evolution because I liked Fun and Themed courses as opposed to well-designed technical tracks. Now they're just thrown together, still.

Also, gently caress the thumbs up and thumbs down system. Its a total goddamn mess, and I'm perpetually baffled at the results. A track that has 2000 likes... is a small 30 second track with a few ramps and a ship in the background. Goddamn it.

That's all I really want - a decent rating system.

Hell, friggin Nintendo's Mario Maker has a cleaner, smoother, and more intuitive interface for finding user creations. difficulty for every level is automatically chosen by what the Clear percentage is. Even better, there's an option to just run through 10 or 15 levels straight through - they're randomly selected and roughly adjusted by difficulty. And if you get a crap level you can just skip it and move on to the next. No penalty, fast loading.

Fusion's interface for user tracks is a literal abomination, and I reckon a good reason why so many of the user tracks are underwhelming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I've been thinking of ways to improve the social stuff but I figure better user profiles are the way to go. Being able to highlight my best times or showcase my custom tracks would go a long way. A "Rider Central".

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Decided to plug in the 360 and play some Evo and Fusion. Set new highs on the endless modes of both, I think 12 on Evo and 21 on Fusion...when it couldn't connect to the server :argh:. Eventually got 20 at least after I got it to connect.

Messed around with Inferno IV (which I had down to 4 faults before) and eventually got it down to 1, on a slow run annoyingly, like ~2:05. I had a fast 0 fault run (~1:40) that I blew on the last obstacle :negative:. I should be able to get it soon if I keep wasting time to plug away at it.

Way of the Machine is still a bitch of course. My record was something like 10-11 (and I vaguely remember breaking double digits on the last obstacle) and I could see myself breaking that, if I can get the two drat climb sections and last obstacle down. The rest of the course seemed to go smoother than I remembered. Course it took me god knows how long to get Way of the Ninja down, I just remember it was some time after Fusion came out and I went back to Evo.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Well that wasn't too bad, other than having to retry connecting to the Ubi servers a bunch of times. That and I got stuck on the two incline obstacles and was too slow for platinum :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWGy5zeaPfU

Edit: a day later, suck it Inferno:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THrPIbgJzuA

Now to work on Way of the Machine :ohdear:

japtor fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 11, 2016

• Locked thread