Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sooo there's no online multiplayer? Who thought that was a good idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

magimix posted:

Edit: As much as I enjoy the game, it does grind my gears some that online multiplayer wasn't in at launch. Trials MP and Hardcore Trials MP was great in Evo, and was one of the things I was looking forward to in Fusion. Will be arriving at some unspecified point in the future? That dog won't hunt, monsignor. :colbert:

I was upset too. Multiplayer was the main reason I wanted to purchase Trials. I found an article saying they are putting MP in for free a few months down the road. Probably right around the time we are all sick of the game.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thoughts so far:

1) The game is a lot of fun! Definitely worth buying if you were a fan of the previous games

2) The whole FMX aspect of the game is terrible. Absolutely terrible.

3) The expert tracks will make you want to kill yourself. (Then make you scream with joy when you finally beat them)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If you think the hard tracks are bad you will want to die on the extreme tracks.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Explain yourself

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If you can complete any of the extreme tracks without faulting you are already a god among men.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yx7ceqlMA4&t=33s

Funkmaster General posted:

Am I blind or something? I watched the video and didn't see any noticeable effect while he was tricking. In fact in a couple of places it almost looked like it was slowing him down.

All I could think while watching that video was, "I'm really glad I'm not autistic."

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You just need to accept that if you are a normally functioning person the best you can ever hope to achieve in this game is maybe finishing the expert courses. Anything more than that takes some sort of autistic gift that few of us have.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

a foolish pianist posted:

What do you mean by ninja version?

If you no fault the expert tracks and bail right before the finish line, you can land in a secret spot and unlock the "ninja version" of the track. This is an even harder version for people who hate themselves.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So is multi-player ever coming out for this game or what?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Should we give up hope on multiplayer? It's been months and months with no word.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

No multiplayer. Come on already.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Oh great only like a year and a half later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I would be have been super excited if this was released anywhere near when the actual game came out. Over a year later? No thanks. Myself and everyone who I played this game with haven't touched it in ages.

Considering they had multiplayer in the last game, I don't know what they were thinking.

• Locked thread