Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Here's the ps4 group up to this point. I'm going to batch add you all.

PirateNippie
Banzai324
XenoCrash14
JACKALJOSH
Porksmash
Exemptmule72
rdominick
iamvexed
Utnayan
Iceman2343
BootyclapQueen
bifebife
Katkilad
BrownThunder85
theqat
pinion1313
HalseySpartan2
BensNotWriting

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whoops I quickly searched for ps4 on each page. Added you to the list.

Does the ps4 batch friend request thing send duplicates to people already on your friend list? I'm guessing it won't go through if they're already on it?

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 18, 2014

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

porksmash posted:

The app appears to filter out friends that area already on your list. I just copy/pasted the entire list HonorableTB posted, but when I clicked the 'insert into list' button it trimmed it down to 10 names.

You seem to be correct. Although I added everyone using the app last winter and now 253 out of the 308 on the list were sent. Hopefully I'm not spamming the poo poo out of everyone.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have no idea how to land jumps consistently off a bunny hop. I'll randomly pull off a good enough landing to hop to another ledge once but I swear I'll do the same thing again and I'll lose all my momentum. I've been watching replays from skilled players and their back tire seems to snap into place after every jump and touch the ground with a thumping sound I rarely get. I've been trying to land parallel to the surfaces which doesn't seem to be working. Any tips?

updated ps4 list

PirateNippie
Banzai324
XenoCrash14
JACKALJOSH
Porksmash
Exemptmule72
rdominick
iamvexed
Utnayan
Iceman2343
BootyclapQueen
bifebife
Katkilad
BrownThunder85
theqat
pinion1313
HalseySpartan2
BensNotWriting

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 19, 2014

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

magimix posted:

Medal inflation? I can buy that. Maybe one of the future updates will be the "Gold-pressed Latinum" medal-tier? :haw:

In other news, some posts over on Red Lynx forums indicate that every extreme track has a *more extreme* warp-version of it you can find if zero-fault the track and bail at the end. So yeah, that'll be something I only see in Youtube videos :stare:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/871516-Redlynx-s-First-Fusion-Ninja-Track-In-quot-Warp-Zone-5-quot
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/871582-5-Secret-Ninja-Tracks

You're pretty good too. At least to someone that just started playing trials trying to improve. Progress is pretty slow. I have beaten a few of your easy/med platinum times though. :smuggo: How much time do you think you've put into trials? The top 10 on the world leader board must be aliens.

Question for anyone - when I do a small wheelie then push the front tire down to the ground I get a speed boost. What else am I missing?

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
^^^^ I keep thinking I've reached that point then I seem to completely forget everything the next track.

Does the pit viper feel heavier and less powerful than the rendition of that bike did in trials evolution? I just bought the pc version of evolution and the phoenix? seems a lot nimbler. My preference for the 360 triggers over the ps4 triggers may be part of it.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I feel like my skill at this game is actually decreasing the more I play it. I get caught in a loop and don't make the necessary adjustments I guess.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Behonkiss posted:

Have any PS4 players been having this game crash on them often? The last time I played it and tried loading up a list of user-generated levels, everything went wonky to the point I had to manually restart the system. I might have to wait for a patch before trying this game again.

The only time it's crashed for me is trying to record a video clip. Otherwise 20+ hours crash free.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
After today's ps4 firmware update I suddenly lost my entire friends leader board, I'm the only one on it. It was at least 30 deep last I noticed. I'm also getting no rumble feedback on the controller. Anyone else? About my only option would be deleting and reinstalling.

restarting the ps4 brought the friends list back but the rumble in trials is still gone.

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 04:28 on May 1, 2014

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I haven't made it through inferno either. I hit 500 faults on those making GBS threads barrels. If I manage to luck over the first obstacle and make it back to them I'm trying this

http://youtu.be/ysJ97Xdcr0A?t=1m52s

Which you've probably already seen. It looks like the only semi reliable way to make it over. Anyone seen a guide for the very first obstacle on inferno 4? That little hop destroys me.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Here's the same guy pulling off the rear wheel thing on inferno 4 with the rabbit bicycle. This guy's videos seriously shocked me. How in the gently caress.

http://youtu.be/I_bbYysCHQk?t=20s

Ok this is ridiculous - backwards wheelie precision hops.

http://youtu.be/nXmA3mLTRSI?t=6m31s

Alright I quit. I just keep finding crazier poo poo.

http://youtu.be/w3DjhBhX2r0

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 09:41 on May 3, 2014

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

hostile apostle posted:

Not sure if this has been posted, but I just got to Ice Climb and I was curious to see what a true expert looks like. Well holy poo poo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwEkgOEAOlY

That's disgusting. I've put 2 days 15 hours into this game and I'm MAYBE slightly above average compared to actual humans. I could spend years and never get that good. There must be some practical application for his mutant video game skills. Robotic surgery maybe? Drones? They should run test on people that good at trials.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

leidend posted:

I was like "hey this is fun" on easy then "hey this is getting challenging but still fun" on medium then "gently caress this, never going to enjoy playing this" after about the second track on hard.

Seeing Ice Climb only makes me more firm in my decision to pussy out.

When I first made it to hard they seemed impossible. A few weeks later I'm close to zero faulting them. My times are too slow for platinum though. Now the extreme tracks seem impossible.

Narcissus1916 posted:

I'd love to know how Fusion plays for people not used to the series. I played trials hd and promptly hit a brick wall with the hard tracks and frankly felt cheated. And then I played Evolution because of the deafening amount of positive praise, and felt the difficulty curve was much more fair. In particular, Evolution "taught" me how to play Trials on the harder levels, even though I still can't beat the majority of extreme tracks.

I bought trials evolution gold after playing fusion and I honestly like it better. The difficulty scales more gradually and the evolution version of the pit viper handles better.

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 6, 2014

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm thinking his time estimates are fairly accurate for average players. Opinions? Recording every button press surely gives them a lot of data to crunch for difficulty and progress measurement. I couldn't gauge the upper limit but I'm thinking if I double my playtime to 100 hours I should be getting close to decent/goodish.

http://youtu.be/_Tp7yE5w51I?t=35s

10 hours play time - trials baby
100 hours - experienced
1,000 hours - expert

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 13:24 on May 6, 2014

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh poo poo, fusion broke magimix? Now I'm wavering.

RCarr posted:

You just need to accept that if you are a normally functioning person the best you can ever hope to achieve in this game is maybe finishing the expert courses. Anything more than that takes some sort of autistic gift that few of us have.

gently caress that. I'll sperg out for this loving game. There's only like 10 goddamn variations on obstacles, if I dissect those over and over I'll surely achieve digital glory. I've been watching freakishly good trials runs on youtube at .5 and .25 speed over and over. Time well spent. :smith:

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 6, 2014

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

magimix posted:

Edit: gently caress yes! Got the plat for Ice Climb. I feel pretty drat pleased about that :dance:

Niiiice. I need to go back to that level, I haven't tried it in a few weeks. Hopefully I can approach gold by now.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know. To me that looks like you're on the cusp of your next skill level. Yeah you had some lucky saves but most of it was dialed in, quick and precise.

Did you export to usb? The quality looked pretty nice for ps4.

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 6, 2014

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

magimix posted:

NOTE: This isn't me blaming the controller. Honestly! It's me not being good enough with the controller I'm using. :argh:

I totally agree. The ds4 controller seems like a moderate handicap in this specific game compared to the 360/bone controller. I've tried it on all 3 platforms. Tiny poo poo makes a huge difference in this game when you're hanging on by millimeters.

Here's a clip of a lucky fmx run I had 2 weeks ago. I downloaded it from facebook and re uploaded to youtube. So at least it's one less set of compression now with usb export.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yso5kvbFV44

magimix posted:

Edit: gently caress yes, I just golded Rock of Ages! You're a good influence, plape tickler ;)

Told ya :)

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 6, 2014

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Devil's beak is the worst video game thing I've ever subjected myself to. Failing those loving backward sloping jumps over and over and over again is maddening.

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 18, 2015

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's super rewarding when you finally make some progression in your skills. It's really hard to pinpoint what the hell changed. Suddenly a track that seemed difficult is considerably easier and I don't exactly have a sense of why but I'll take it. I'm still so far away from platinum on extreme tracks though.

How many hours do you guys have in fusion now? I need to check myself.

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Feb 27, 2015

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Narcissus1916 posted:

I also don't think the season pass has been on sale once (at least for the ps4). I keep hoping, and keep waiting.

I got the ps4 season pass on ebay a few weeks ago for $6. I'm not sure where you'd get 25 plus vouchers for the season pass but he delivered it almost instantly.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have to resort to a rear wheel fender grab thing to make it up the second to last obstacle on devil's beak. The final obstacle I can usually scrub it up there after 20 tries. Still need to make it through the empire of the sky extreme track and the newest robot themed one. That last jump on the robot track can gently caress off.

Do you watch this guy's videos mr. nobody? They're semi helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLY1FQAXnJM

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 7, 2015

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

magimix posted:

If we are talkabout about the obstacle at 2m45s in this vid (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBykCeQsxdU), I've been finding that brake-fapping works well, if you set up right. Not especially speedy, but of all the things I've tried, it works most consistently for me.

That S-ramp though... That vid is my current PB, and over 1m of it is me stuck at that bloody s-ramp, slowly coming to appreciate just how sensitive it is to how you launch into it :argh:

Yeah, the one at 2:45. I have a mental block or something with that jump. The only way I've gotten past it was fender hook and crashing across the checkpoint. The rest of devil's beak I can luck my way through. Not sure why I was calling the very last jump an s curve pre-edit.

edit- that crash at 2:13 would have given me an aneurysm

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 7, 2015

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

japtor posted:

I got a capture card :toot:

Got this run in while testing out streaming on Twitch last night, finally beat my old (slow) record:
http://youtu.be/LeAxs_YXX_g

My channel is here if you ever want to see me struggle horribly while trying to platinum things. Last night I also tried the invisible bike Inferno IV challenge and got past the first obstacle! Then got stuck on the barrels...then hit the reset button on accident like 15 minutes in :suicide:

You've reached the point where your bike seems lighter than most people who play this game. Watching that bigshotrob freak gives me a similar sensation. Were you fairly average skill level when fusion came out a year ago?

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It looks like some riders aren't subjected to the same amount of gravity as others due to how they handle the bike. Maybe it's just me. I must have been thinking of someone else being scrubby. I thought a vast improvement in skills in a year with this prick of a game would have been astounding.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah that's it. The more skilled riders use the spring action of the back tire almost constantly and to greater effect than most. Thus the impression that they're floating through the level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzkkPPFQnhY

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Apr 21, 2015

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
edit - After about 1,000 faults I can finally almost do that one stupid little obstacle consistently. I wasn't leaning forward at the right millisecond plus too much gas or something.

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 23, 2015

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The unicorn is a bizarre addition. I wasn't expecting it to actually be in the game. Here's a play through of all the levels. He covered the non unicorn levels in the previous video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pzziNh6PwA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Feenix posted:

Just as long as I have a decent amount to play without hitting a brick wall at "hard".

Does this expansion add more neat poo poo for level editor?

There's a lot of mid-skill level tracks in this dlc. They really expanded the medium tracks, ranging from easy to semi challenging. The hard/extreme stuff isn't that ridiculous either. It's some very solid dlc. The unicorn stuff is actually pretty good too.

edit - and I'm back to trying to beat magimix times. There's only 3 people listed on my leaderboards though so of course you stick out a little.

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 15, 2015

• Locked thread