Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Narcissus1916 posted:

Trials Evolution was the one game where I loved the user-created materials and found it integral to the experience.
Yeah there was a long time where I played nothing but Trials Evolution, just playing the highest rated tracks from the past month/week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

wa27 posted:

Seriously why is there no online multiplayer in this? I had so much fun in Evolution just downloading a dozen of the best/worst user tracks and going into them blind with goons. I don't know if anyone remembers JULES SUCKS BALLS, but that was the finest Trails moment I've experienced.
Hahaha I had completely forgotten about that, that was absolutely hilarious

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

magimix posted:

I'm in two minds about it. While I did find the hard tracks easy to gold, I went into Fusion with goodness knows how many hours of Evo in total (across PC and 360) under the belt.
Yeah, the gold times especially seem easy. And there's like medium tracks where gold lets you have a fault or two, it's crazy. I guess plat is the new gold?

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

magimix posted:

Medal inflation? I can buy that. Maybe one of the future updates will be the "Gold-pressed Latinum" medal-tier? :haw:
In fairness, when I went back to the early tracks with the Pit Viper, I was still .5-1 second off the plat time on my retries, so maybe it's not too bad.

quote:

In other news, some posts over on Red Lynx forums indicate that every extreme track has a *more extreme* warp-version of it you can find if zero-fault the track and bail at the end. So yeah, that'll be something I only see in Youtube videos :stare:
Haha I don't think I've ever zero-faulted an extreme track

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Panda = Apparently if you use this on tracks which allow it you're "a huge human being cheating fag" or something, so don't do that I guess. Also it's an ATV that weighs a ton, handles like a brick and goes REALLY god drat fast. Also even though you never have to use it outside of that one set of tracks, its inclusion RUINED THE GAME and is PROOF THAT REDLYNX IS ONLY IN THIS FOR THE MONEY
I wouldn't use the language you're quoting or all caps or whatever, but the idea of providing a bike that requires less finesse but regularly makes it up in terms of power does seem sort of counter to the concept? I mean leaderboards are pretty central to longterm enjoyment of the game, and if the top 1k/5k/whatever scores are all using the ATV that does sort of seem lovely and less than fun to me.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

octan3 posted:

The one where using coffin gives you more forward momentum?
Ughhhh that's exactly the reservation I had when I heard they were putting tricks into the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
I finally got a PS4, started Trials Fusion again, please add me (especially people who are as good or worse than me at Trials), gamertag kuujjuaq

• Locked thread