Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Okay, I'm definitely a fan now. Next time this game's predecessor goes on sale on Steam, I'm going to grab it.

However, I know I always harp about this, but would it have killed them to include a female player model? Do any of the other Trials games have that choice?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Apr 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
My first try at a hard track, 25 faults. I think this is gonna be a long road.

edit: why isn't the title of this thread "welcome to the future"?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It reminds me of Far Cry: Blood Dragon, and that is a VERY good thing.

edit: the track packs they release, will they be of every difficulty level, or just hard?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 19, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
This game is like, things that look impossible until you do them: the game.

edit: also the hard tracks are like "Hey, that was easy! Hey, that was easy! Hey, that was easy! Hey...wait you want me to do WHAT?"

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 23, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So, at least on the PS4, when is the user track system going to start having recommended tracks? With 3000+ tracks, you'd think there'd be no shortage of ones they could pick.

Since I couldn't find any, I just went to the highest ranked tracks and found one that's just stairs, all the way down. It's the stupidest track ever, so why can't I stop laughing?

edit: oh, and who is deciding the difficulty/time requirements of a user track? The creator, or is the system somehow deciding itself?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 25, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I sure do find myself often in the situation where my front wheel is on top of a ledge and the back wheel is dangling off the side, which is stable but I can't seem to get forward no matter what I do. Is there some trick to this?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jeffrey posted:

So this game is solid? I was a little worried when I heard about tricks, thinking they might compromise the elegant simplicity of the older games, but y'all seem happy.
The tricks are indeed pretty pointless in a game where for practical reasons you need to stay as low to the ground as possible, yes, but it's easy enough to forget about them entirely outside of the tracks designed for them.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Chamber 9 posted:

Ive never played trials before now. i told someone after i played it, "It reminds me of Hotline Miami."
Yeah, it can go together well with games like that and Super Meat Boy in the category of "if you can be absolutely awesome for just 30 seconds at a time, you win".

edit: that said, SMB didn't grab me at all. Not like this.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Apr 26, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
If only my bike had tiny rocket boosters on it I could use to subtly change my trajectory in the air...

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Bushmaori posted:

So what's the deal with tricks exactly, for me they often don't register. Do I have to not be flipping while doing them or do I have to hold them for longer, after a certain amount of air or what?

Otherwise superfun plus bonus that unlike the previous game this one gets a decently smooth frame-rate on PC. Also can anyone who actually used the track creator last time comment on whether this games creation tools are more powerful/easier/harder?
If you've just started the game, the tricks aren't unlocked yet and you can't do them. I also thought I was doing something wrong.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
On Nicovideo videos like this get the tag 人間卒業試験, or "graduation from humanity exam".

edit: when making a track like this, how do you even know that it's possible to complete? Is there some automated way, or do you just have to test it yourself?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:25 on May 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Dominic White posted:

Pretty sure that you can't put up a track without clearing it yourself, which is how it sets the default score tiers. I think it makes the developers time the gold standard, and beating that gets Platinum.
Ah, that makes sense, and it answers some other questions I had as well.

• Locked thread