Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Buggy Swires

Swires briefly surveys the warehouse and its occupants before making a bee-line towards the refreshments table. He nonchalantly fill his pockets with the complimentary crackers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Buggy Swires

Swires turns towards the sound of the microphone, he hasn't heard the words but the smell of gasoline is vaguely comforting. Satisfied that he has enough crackers for his and Mr Downer's long journey home, he takes a long pull from a flask of the cheapest Angry Dad brand bourbon.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Buggy Swires

Swires heads for the door, already formulating the angry letter he intends to write council zoning and permits. A bloody tribal sex orgy isn't what he signed up for.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Buggy Swires

Swires stares at the monsters, dumbfounded. He fumbles for his flask, crackers spilling everywhere, and takes a long pull of Angry Dad bourbon. His instincts from many years on the job tell him not to make any sudden moves and to never run.

I'd like to roll to remain unnoticed by the doggies

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Buggy Swires

Upon seeing the fire, all other concerns disappear. Mr Downer! Buggy Swires hobbles towards the Boon hole, grabbing a water bottle as he passes the food table, hoping reach the Goose Wagon in time. He places a hanky over his face and crouches low.

if that wagon is gone :arghfist::(

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Buggy Swires

Swires quickly checks the well being of Mr Downer and begrudgingly, that of Pinochet. He turns to survey the chaos of the burning building, giant dog-men and nitwit students gibbering and wailing.

"Bugger this for a game of soldiers" he says, drains the last of the Angry Dad and clambers unsteadily aboard the Goose Wagon.

He turns back to the group gathered by the burning building, "I'm gonna head over to that bloke's farm house and țry to get the firies on the blower" he yells, pointing down the road they arrived by.

He attempts to fire up the Wagon.

Rolls for drive, expression, etc...

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
and here was me expecting the Wagon not to start...

Swires starts his vehicle and sets off, Mr Downer honks in annoyance as the wagon weaves down the road.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

I'm going to say this happens towards the end of this scene, if that's okay with you. I doubt anyone is going to say anything that is going to convince you to stay, but I'd like for the others who aren't online just now to have an opportunity to at least spot you leaving.

sure, you could always roll to see if I flip my poo poo into a ditch if you need to stall me

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Buggy Swires

Swires arrives back at the building without knowing why, it was as if something other than the usual drunken muscle memory was piloting the Wagon.

He falls out of the driver's seat but steadies himself.

Looking around he notices one of the men (Doug) has a gun stuffed down the front of his pants. "Hope you've got the safety on that sunshine, or else this'll be a story to tell the grandkids you'll never have. Why don't you let a - hurc! - responsible gun owner take care of that for you."

He notices some gangly, red headed dork waving around a machine gun, "Put the bloody safety on or put the bloody thing down you donkey!" he yells and storms over. "Where did you find that thing?" he demands.

e: sorry Splode, phone posting

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Apr 12, 2014

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

bell jar posted:

"Back of the van, old man. There's no need for safety here. Not anymore. Pick something up for yourself, if you'd like"

The back of the van still contains a revolver and a shotgun

"It's little bantam weight, nut jobs like you going postal that's making Johnny take away our rights mate. I don't want you standing behind me with that thing."

He heads over to the van and retrieves the revolver (and any spare ammunition).

"Who here can handle a shotgun?" he enquires, "I'm too past my prime for this brute."

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

Blacktail finally sets eyes on the Goosewagon, and he lets out a barking laugh. "Perfect! Whoever that thing belongs to, hook it up to my trailer hitch, we'll need that!"

"Eh, what's that?" He looks up from feeding Mr Downer a handful of crackers. He plants himself firmly in the driver's seat of the Wagon. "You're not getting my scooter yank, but I'd appreciate the lift. Hook 'er up".

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
The glass smashes on the ground, the burning tie extinguished, very impressive. What did you think would happen?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

bell jar posted:

Scotch is already a spirit

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Buggy Swires is asleep.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

You are awoken by a slap to the head from Blacktail. "Wake up, old man. You're a werewolf, you change by willing it, there's a guy up on the 10th floor who is going to be killed by those guys in that white van down there. Get moving!"

"I don't have to take that kind of talk from anyone mister. My mother raised me by way of the Church of England thank you very much."

He groggily dismounts from the Wagon and fusses over his goose.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Buggy

He turns to Blacktail, "I'm not going up any stairs, I'll tell you that much." He draws the revolver, "If this poor bastard is so important to you, I'll keep an eye on him while you go get your friend. Then I'm going to need some serious answers."

I'll be out for a couple hours, this'll give me an excuse to sit out for a bit.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Buggy Swires

Buggy takes out his flask but to his horror, it is empty. He turns to Blacktail, "Mind bringing me up to - hurc! - speed now, Sonny Jim?"

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

"Oh yeah. Well it's like this: you're werewolves. Chosen by the planet to be its defenders. Usually, she chooses them a bit... earlier in life, but things are pretty dire, and we'll take any help we can get."

Blacktail pauses as Selene roars and the door to the van lands in front of him. He looks at Swires pointedly, but seeing him make no move to join the fight, he continues.

"You've always been one of us. You're born into it. One of your parents or grandparents or great grandparents or some ancestor was one of us. You're part of an ancient bloodline that is entrusted with the defense of the planet. You never knew or suspected you had it in you, but others did. Right, Rat?"

A quiet raspy voice whispers from behind Swires. "Oh yeah, he's definitely one of mine."

"Who said that? Stop playing silly buggers and show yourself!" He stands up and shakes his fist at Blacktail "And my ancestors are Saxons, thank you very much, and if you think I believe any of that rubbish, then you're out of your gourd. Werewolves! It's all just... Special effects! And bloody well un-Christian to boot. I-"

Buggy stops mid hysterical rant and clutches his chest...

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Apr 14, 2014

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

Blacktail rolls his eyes. "You're not having a heart attack, you couldn't be. Your heart's too damned strong. In fact, I'd wager that you've never really been sick in your life. Tell him, Rat."

A rat hops up out of the Goose Wagon. He whispers to you "Yeah, and I bet your liver's stronger than your heart. You could drink engine oil and be okay, couldn't you buddy?"

... Buggy lets out a tremendous belch. "It was just gas" he says sheepishly. He looks at Rat and scratches his head, "You've got that right, always had a good head for the drink." He stands awkwardly, fairly certain that he has gone loopy "So... You some kind of... wererat, was it?"

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

"Nope. I mean, don't get me wrong. Wererats are very nice people. Some of my best friends are wererats. But I'm just a rat. To be precise, I'm Rat, the spiritual incarnation of all rats everywhere. I'm a guide for your people. I'll be here to help you out until you figure things out for yourself. Kinda like Blacktail, only I smell better. I love this wagon thing, by the way. You know you got a rat spirit bound to this? Not me, a regular rat spirit. He's been here for a while, by the looks of it too. He's been helping you keep things in here."

"Can't say that I did, Ratty. Just my goose and the late wife's little dog usually." He motions towards the prisoner, "What's his lot's game then?"

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Where am I on the timeline Xylow? Do I hear the sirens yet?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

You are outside the timeline. You have ridden with Blacktail, who high-tailed it out of there as soon as he heard the car alarm, because he knew that meant cops. You are heading to Billingsly park, the rendevous point. Are you staying in the Goosewagon with Rat, riding shotgun with him, or riding in the back of the truck with the prisoner?

Wait, the rat can drive? I'm definitely riding the wagon either way

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

Goosewagon is hooked to a trailer hitch on the truck.

In any case, Rat talks with you. "So as a werewolf, you get special powers, okay? But you have to be taught them by spirits that know them."

"Wouldn't be the first thing spirits have taught me."

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

Swires

Blacktail pulls his head out of the water and says "Um. Change of plans." He fumbles in his pocket and then throws his keys to you. "Bring her around, we're coming in hot!"

He turns and dives head first into the pond, making no splash and disappearing from your view.

Buggy Swires picks the keys up where they fell from his fumbled catch.

"Wait a moment! Bring it where?" he protests, but Blacktail is gone. He looks at the truck, shrugs and totters over.

Sitting behind the wheel of a class C vehicle for the first time since his disqualification, Swires tries to put memories of the '87 Christmas Pageant aside and focus.

He starts the engine and waits for a some kind of signal.

e: I forgot what kind of vehicle it is, just a Ute right?

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Apr 16, 2014

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

No, it's not a Ute. It's a pickup truck.

The steering wheel is on the left.

ah cool, so it's a Ute then

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

No, it's not your normal barbershop the Wave 'n Shave.

Swires, Rat hops up next to you in the cab of the truck. His yellow eyes go grey for a moment as he seems to be staring far into the distance, and then he points towards the pond in the middle of the park, through the trees that line the edges of the park. "There! We gotta be there!"

"You want me to drive into the pond?!"

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

"Next to it, you literal-minded codger, get as close as you can!" He hops up and down on the seat adorably.

"'Nonspecificity will get you nowhere', my old Dad used to say." The ute lurches into gear and crawls over to the pond.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

There are a lot of trees between you and the pond, and there's no road or walking path there. You might be able to navigate through the trees. You also see the trees aren't as thick over by the pavillion, but it'll take you longer to get over there and around back to the pond.

that directed at me or the others?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

Sorry, that was for you, yeah. You're in the truck on the street between the park and the restaurants.

Buggy attempts to navigate through the trees.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Sorry I didn't realise anyone was through

Swires recoils from the monster at the passenger window. He fumbles for the revolver and swings it towards the terrifying, yet impressively moustachioed creature growling that it wants to fight.

"Steady on pooch, we can work this out."

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 18, 2014

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

"No," growls Boon. "They fight."

He points to the lake again.

"Best leave 'em be mate, ducks can be vicious little buggers when they're arcing up" he says in what he thinks is a soothing voice. "Why don't you take a breather, eh?"

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Where's JP?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Swires looks over at Doug and Blacktail, "Bloody hell, get him in the tray" he says to Boon. "We've got to get him to a vet or something." He starts the engine and calls to Doug, "how many of you are we still waiting on?"

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Swires drives as fast as he dares with the Goose Wagon towed behind, he is beginning to feel distressingly sober and grips the wheel to steady his hands.

"Does someone want to tell me what just happened?" He turns to JP and holds out his hand, "Buggy Swires. Might as well know at least one of you lot's name."

He looks at Boone in the rear view mirror "Except for you of course Mr Chappell, or can I call you Trevor?" he asks beaming. "Always been a fan, recognised you the minute you walked into that meeting."

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Swires brings the ute to a halt. He is feeling dreadfully sober.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Swires watches Doug rooting around in the dirt outside the cabin.

"I wouldn't be doing that with my bare hands mate" he calls out.

"Plenty of hippy-dippy nut cakes living out here without septic tanks, doing their business into the ground like a bunch of savages. Thinking their gonna save the dolphins by farting in jars. It's the Chinese we need to be worried about. They're the ones turning them into cat food."

He clambers out of the cabin.

"Anyone bring anything to drink?"

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

:boonie:

Boon wordlessly passes Swires a tin of VB, then heads off to do a cleanse.

"My hero!" He cracks the tinnie with a practised hand.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Mills posted:

JP Rothschild

JP searches for the liquor cabinet.

Swires joins him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

Oh, you definitely recognize the brands of liquor.

"Blimey! There's nearly a full bottle of Angry Dad's Reserve Strength here" he exclaims and snatches the bottle with an irate man brandishing a belt above his head on the label. He uncorks it and takes a swig. "He's got a mean temper, this bloke."

• Locked thread