Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Marvin

"Hi, um, yes, hello. Do you know anything about, uh, deer?"

Marvin cautiously extends his hand out to the hairy guy to shake it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
"Yeah uh hi Raj, Selene, yeah I'm from around Brisbane these days. If you guys are all okay with me sticking around I'd appreciate it since while Stag was cool to hang out with and all, I was probably going to have to start eating out of trash cans or something soon. Is there a chance I could meet this Wendigo guy sometime soon? Blacktail's mentioned him but he's been a bit coy on details."

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Bifauxnen posted:

"Stund co? Oh yeah, I was going to research them some more. When was this attack?"

Raj wonders if it was around the same time as them, or if they were still at it recently. How has the death of the guy that was supposed to be their CEO affected things? And how big is this company, anyway?

"They burned my house down about a week ago, after which I jumped flaming from the roof into the neighbours' pool and ended up in a freaky world where Stag was, and he explained that no, he wasn't the spirit of Tooheys and that I couldn't go and drink this off."

Marvin's head suddenly jerks up.

"Hey Blacktail, you got anything? Just realised I've been dry for a week now."

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Marvin's a charmer, what can I say.

He grabs one of the beers and splits it open before anyone can warn him about the large Tasmanian.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

XyloJW posted:

Marvin, a tall, blue, gaunt, manshaped creature with antlers, fangs, and jagged icy-tree-branch looking arms appears. He nods. "You are the one Stag mentioned. Tonight, we will bond you with the pack. However, I do not have time at the moment for pleasantries."

Marvin drinks furiously.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Marvin continues drinking, a haggard look on his face.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Okay and now Boonie says his part.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
"Do they usually do this kind of thing?"

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Marvin follows mostly to watch.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Marvin shif- oh.

"Hey, uh, didn't Blacktail say he'd be completely exhausted a short while after that? Like we probably could've just held him down."

He looks around.

"Right?"

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

IronicBeetCriminal posted:

"Eventually, yeah probably. Immediately? Not so much".

"Yeah why not? Let's wait for Jarrod and Swires to get back though. We should take everyone." Alf looks at the new guy and offers a hand to shake "I'm Alf, you are?"

"Marvin." He grasps Alf's hand and shakes it.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
"If I can interject, Doug, while I'm no fan of being thrown straight into a fire, Boon's plan is a reasonably good one, perhaps shockingly in light of..." Marvin looks over to the body "... more recent events. We know that Jet's expecting some Black Spiral Dancers tonight, and the Black Spiral Dancers got a new recruit what, four days ago? Unless they'd been really busy and were doing this deal the same time they were hunting you down, Jet's at best probably only heard of JP. We could not only catch him unaware, but learn what exactly these vampires and the dancers were planning."

"And uh, after that I don't know, maybe a big guy could jump through the window and punch him?"

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
"Stake-out's also a good idea, I'm just against inaction. Boon's plan is forward, but if it works it'd really get results."

"Though if someone who didn't get seen today thinks they can pull off "grizzled Black Spiral Dancer veteran" to give me backup it'd be appreciated."

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
:eyepop:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

XyloJW posted:

Raj can't find a good blueprint of the nightclub online, since it's only 6 months old. But he does find that before it was a nightclub, it was a meat packing facility. He finds a news article about a grisly murder happening in the basement level there, which led to the closure of the facility. Raj mentions that to the rest of the group, and the answer is a resounding "There's a cellar?" Raj then notices an important detail in the news story: the cause of death was total desanguination.

Intelligence+Investigation (3+2) difficulty 7. 2 successes.

"Not a subtle one, is he."

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

thatbastardken posted:

"Hey, I need to take a quick trip into the Umbra to find a spirit, anyone free to watch my back?"

"Sure, if it's an animal I'll talk with it for you."

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
He'll presumably borrow a spare that isn't the one the dude owns.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Any windows on the place?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Gonna be a total clusterfuck.

"Selene and I are going to need some way to signal you if everything gets cocked up, I reckon if Doug keeps a watch on us with that blindfold it'd do."

"I think that Selene and I should try to head in from the front posing as the dancers while the main force of you guys get in through the back quietly. Maybe have a third force on watch outside?"

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Unless the infrared vision will let him continue mind-linking I think he's going to just have to extrapolate based on the kinds of things Selene and Marvin are doing.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
If the blobs suddenly become twice their normal size, it went poorly.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Presumably he'd have a clear line of sight for upstairs. Anyway assuming everyone's ready for this plan to totally backfire...

Marvin spends a gnosis to activate the mindlink power with Selene and heads toward the bouncer.

"Hey mate, got a meeting planned with your boss, one Mr Jet. He's expecting us. Got some great plans for this dancer and the rest of her troupe here. He's thinking of spicing the place up a little, give the people some more of what they really want." He winks.

Marvin apologises through the mindlink.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I leave the finer details up to the people actually doing those parts but in general the back team are either busting in quietly immediately or however they want after things go to poo poo, and outside team is keeping an eye on whether JP turns up or if suddenly an entire horde of vampires appears.

Positioning's really up to Xylo but presumably we parked in somewhere that the club can't see the car.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Marvin heads inside the building and looks around for the stairs to Jet's office. He resists the urge to stop at the bar for a spell.

Probably too expensive for his blood anyway.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Marvin heads upstairs and knocks, waiting just outside the door for an invitation in.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

XyloJW posted:

Uh, okay, who has their radios on? Did Marvin and Selene have their radios on? How about the people sneaking in the back?

I assume we have them off so that there's no inadvertent "hey so we murdered all the bar staff, did you figure out what the vampire wanted and tear his heart out yet" in the middle of the conversation. :v:

Marvin steps into the room, I presume the big guy is just another bouncer / thrall, and wait for Jet to start conversation.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

XyloJW posted:

He looks up at you. "We got us a lot to talk about. First things first: Where's Rob?"

Marvin puts on a quizzical look.

"Rob? I assume he's one of yours. I do have to apologise, Mr Jet, as I'm a new recruit they've sent me out to prove myself - there's a new pack of garou out there causing trouble for everyone, so we're spread thin at the moment."

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Via mindlink.

"Focus on telling the truth, but omitting any facts that would reveal who we are."

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Marvin sends the mental image of his jaw falling off his face.

e: and then starts following him out of the room.

Seagull fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jul 7, 2014

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

thatbastardken posted:

Selene expresses her confusion to Marvin via the mindlink.

*"I have no idea why he bought that. When we're alone in the office I'm going jump him. poo poo, that came out wrong. Uh, attack him. I guess."*

She follows Jet, trying not to be too obvious about ogling him.

*"Guard's not likely to leave him so we should probably decide ahead of time how to handle them at the same time. Though try to leave the wanton murder until after we figure out what he's got hidden."*

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Marvin heads into the freezer and wishes he had some way to keep himself warmer. He makes a quick survey of the area for anything dangerous looking.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
*"I don't like our odds of holding our own should things go south here, let's make sure we're clear of this place before we pick any fights."*

"May we inspect it?" Marvin gestures to the drum.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

XyloJW posted:

"Sure, just don't wake'em up."

He pulls of the lid of the steel drum. You're both hit with a foul, dusty, decaying odor. Inside appears to be a desiccated corpse.

"Give'em a bit of blood, take out the stake, and they're good as new. Maybe a bit insane from starvation and being locked into a barrel, but who cares, right?"

As you're looking at the body:

"So. You take your payment, you go back to your boss, and you tell him if he wants more, he's got to keep supply up, and stop dragging me into your stupid territorial squabbles, got it?"

"Hm. Boss isn't going to like it, but realistically we don't have anything to bargain with..."

"Well Jet, I suppose it's a deal, for now. Perhaps we can hammer something out to earn an extra one at some point in the future."

Marvin wonders how the rest of the team is going.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
*"We could head to the freezer then regroup?"*

Marvin is very uncomfortable.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
*"Delay? Uh."*

Marvin has a quick glance at the room full of vampires. He shivers a little and keeps walking out.

*"Just be ready to finish him off real quick when backup inevitably charges in."*

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
:cripes:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
"Hey so there's twenty vampires down there and some hosed up poo poo is about to happen so I think it's time to try this "burn the place down and salt the loving earth" thing Blacktail told me about."

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
When it becomes clear that they've been seen and the jig is up, Marvin will spend a rage to shift to dire wolf and chase Jet. No biting though. Trying to knock him down if he's trying to run.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

IronicBeetCriminal posted:

I've lost track, we're in the vault?

Four of us are heading back down the stairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Rage is to instantly transform. Roll normally for the tackle or whatever.

• Locked thread