Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

busb posted:

Webtiles has just about everything nowadays except zero latency and some mouse interaction, but you don't really need to use the mouse for anything anyway.

It also doesn't have the little inventory box in the lower corner, but that's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

So are Formicids really ant people? I want to play as an ant that punches people in the face.

I demand you refer to them by their original name, "Dwants".

(dwarf ants)

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
You should take advantage of Kiku's cadaver gifting.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

LogicNinja posted:

Dammit, CSZO crashed on me and now I get this message when trying to get back into my game:

"Another game is already in progress using your save. Hit any key to exit..."

How do I get this fixed?

Most bugs like this tend to just sort themselves out after about ten to fifteen minutes, but if it doesn't or you're impatient, go into ##crawl or ##crawl-dev and bug |amethyst about it.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

DarthXaos posted:

Should have read a blink scroll not tele

Also shouldn't have fought the troll and other things in front of them, they would have blocked the ettin/storm dragon as you retreated.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Infinite Monkeys posted:

Yeah I made mistakes but what the gently caress were they doing on D:11 anyway? A D:11 storm dragon must be at least 10 levels too early?

12 levels too early at minimum, to be specific. :) Vaults can pull monsters from something like (depth * 2) + 8 for super out of depth threats, I don't remember the specifics. A storm dragon is definitely some nasty bullshit though.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

:golfclap:

I could swear that I read the same thing (specifically, that all weapons now have the very slightly lower corrosion chance of dwarven weapons), but I'm not having any luck finding it. Maybe we both imagined it????

I would like it on record that I have definitely read hallucinated the same thing.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

What's the best class for people who miss being Makhleb's KoCK?

HOMo

(if you're asking for a good class to play and not just gay jokes Gr of any background and MiBe or HOBe are very good)

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

You can more-or-less get away with it in a 3-rune game, though. Probably. Sometimes.

You can also 15 rune it!, but you really, really shouldn't. Unless you want Dis:7 to take an actual 5 hours.

quote:

I really wish I could link to replays directly, but barring that, punch "!lg gammafunk optm br=snake -tv" into IRC sometime.

("What happens when you deal four from legendary destruction, and there's more than one Orb card in the draw?")

They fixed that. Still a hilarious death though; watching it live was great. I told the fucker not to do that.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ImPureAwesome posted:

Once you reach max stars, is that also the cap on piety gain? Am I just wasting Oki piety if I'm not constantly using abilities after max stars?

No, there's quite a bit of wiggle room between six stars and Absolute Max Piety. You should still be using heroism all of the times though, because it is super cheap, and also great.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't get why people say this. Blades isn't dangerous at all and gives a respectable chunk of exp, which is all the more valuable now that the dungeon is smaller.

Although the dungeon is smaller, there is now vastly more XP in the game then there used to be. Back when Depths was six levels deep it had more XP than the entirety of Dungeon in .13.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Brannock posted:

That sounds shocking on its face but isn't really when you consider the exponential nature of the XP curve in Dungeon Crawl.

It's still silly to give advice based on there being less XP in the game, when in fact there's more.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Brannock posted:

I'm surprised you stuck with Okawaru for the endgame instead of switching to like Makhleb or TSO. I assume you wanted to keep the stacking for Haste + Finesse for maximum damage output?

Haste + Finesse is the exact same as Finesse for the purposes of hitting dudes with swords. Obviously different for the purposes of Getting Out of Dodge.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Gendal posted:

This is an academic question since I worship Chei but which is better damage wise?
the +8, +7 great sword of Dithmenos' Indignation {speed, rPois}
or
+7 claymore (holy)

I should have the claymore at min-delay with 22 long blades.

If the holy brand is doing its thing, and we're at mindelay, definitely the claymore. If the holy brand isn't pulling any weight, probably the great sword, but I'm less sure of that.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

TZer0 posted:

Except for the fact that DD damage shaving affects more than physical hits.

AC affects nearly every source of damage in the game.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Person Dyslexic posted:

Man, the new gold god is rough. Turning every character into a spriggan with no innate slow metabolism is really awful, even when playing a fighter who rarely uses evocables. I get the whole 'Midas' angle, but perhaps one of his passive bonuses should be to slow your metabolism?

Don't forget you can still buy porridge potions from him on the cheap.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

C7ty1 posted:

shhhhhhhhh

In theory it should! (and thus be quiet)

The average damage of an Ogre of Chei with a good amount of skill throwing a stone (not a large rock) was somewhere around 140 damage per turn. So, yes, throwing is very good these days.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

I would seriously appreciate an update for the javelin tiles.

Also, with the new throwing changes, I wanna try out a TrHu of Chei. Would I be better off with unarmed or a GSC? I might think the huge amount of free dexterity would be a bigger benefit to unarmed, but I'm not well versed enough in how damage calculations work.

Claws.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Firebatgyro posted:

I wouldn't put it at post-endgame, its like pre to normal endgame. Its on the same level as current V5 or Zot.

The Single Good Thing Corrosion Ever Did was to convince new-to-crawl-me to maybe just put Slime off for a little bit...

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ZeeToo posted:

Just watched someone abuse Igni->TSO->Igni to make the +9,+20 executioner's axe "Steve" (weapon) {holy, +Inv Int-6}, which is one of the better weapons I've seen in a while.

It's honestly the greatest weapon I've ever seen, and I'm still baffled that he needed convincing to take +11 slaying over int -6.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Colour posted:

Is Dithmenos a good god for a Spriggan stabber/caster? I started a game after not playing since 0.12, where I would usually go Okawaru until I got some decent gear and felt I could deal with his wrath, then ditch for Ashenzari. I'd appreciate other god recommendations as well.

Besides the ones you listed, I'd also short-list Makhleb, Kiku, and Nemelex, mostly because they all give you very good ways to killdudes aside from your Elmer Fudd impersonation.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Ewar Woowar posted:

When do you get the new Quazlal and other gods in single player trunk?

Temple/Around Temple. Unless you mean like, "when will they be added to trunk", in which case the answer is "already done"!

(also, it's just Qazlal, no u)

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

BigFactory posted:

I think he means offline trunk.

Doesn't change the answer.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

kaschei posted:

The reason DgWn is moderately popular is the Demigods are the ultimate "take what you can get" race.

I thought it was because the Japanese players thought DgWn was piss-easy :confused:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Thug Lessons posted:

There's been proposals to fix demigods through things like a species-specific piety system of 'abstract worshipers' that give you powers as you advance. They've been around for years but none of them have been implemented for whatever reason, probably that nobody's coded a patch.

I think mumra was spear-heading that, but he got a job soon after and has basically disappeared from crawl entirely.

Brannock posted:

How did you get the Bribing status while worshipping Ashenzari?

Bug.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
On the other hand, who gives a poo poo about the early game, since win or lose it lasts for all of five minutes?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Viashino_wizard posted:

People who do streaks and care about their winrate, for one.

Having won six games in a row, I assure you the early game doesn't matter that much.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

EDIT: Also is there a way to turn on the sidebar in webtiles? The one that constantly shows your inventory, spells, monsters and such.

No.

e: well it does show monsters, like console does.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

megane posted:

The semi-sane way to do that would be to macro o to 5o. The better way is to just get used to pressing 5 reflexively when you need to.

The terrifying way is this rcfile.

That poo poo is amateur hour.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

There was a pretty decent LP of Sil here, if anyone's interested. (nrook, I know you're not. :) )

I know uPen especially isn't :argh:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
RIP Lava Orcs.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Speleothing posted:

Pretty sure it started regenerating in .12

It was .11 you long-remembering weirdos

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Thug Lessons posted:

I killed TRJ once or twice before the change but I just killed him immediately with Fire/Ice Storm. Did he literally not regen at all so you could just slowly chip away at his health?

Yeah. Torment scrolls were real good for that poo poo.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Ewar Woowar posted:

Hi Crawl thread, I have some questions...

1. I downloaded the newest offline trunk someone linked on here a few pages back but have yet to find any alters for the new gods. What's up with that? Also can someone link me to a page that explains what they do.

Trunk link changed again, but hopefully this one should be permanent

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

bisonbison posted:

Is Igni the one that lets you artifactize equipment and gives you different options? I wish they'd merge that into trunk.

Igni isn't going to go into trunk any time soon; almost all of the devs have outstanding problems with him and the person who was spearing-heading the work has more or less dropped it entirely. Plus, there's already two new gods in trunk who still have their own issues to have worked out.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

scalded schlong posted:

Eels.

How does its name not make you think it's a type of fish? :psyduck:

IMO apply this to everything.

"Hounds, despite their name, are actually a type of dog."

Big Mad Drongo posted:

I'm still waiting for the devs to give Ogres the benefits of the sweet, sweet Enchantment aptitude oldschool Ogre-Magi had. Apply it to Charms, or Hexes, or both, I don't care. But Ogres should have at least 0 aptitude in at least one of those schools, for history's sake. :colbert:

For what it's worth, elliptic has been trying to draft up a new shiny version of OM.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The only ammo brand with reduced mulch rate is steel. Fire/frost have triple mulch rate and exploding/dispersal always mulch, and then everything else is normal.

Returning javelins' only advantage is that they let you keep throwing when you would normally run out and have to pick them up again. In any fight, you can just throw all your normal javs first, and if you still want to keep throwing, then you switch to returning.

Although when the weightless branch gets merged into trunk I imagine you could just ignore returning and carry all 900 javelins you find in the Shoals.

Also, when Weightless (finally) gets merged, Large Rocks will mulch more, to compensate for the fact that you can now carry more than 8 of them.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Wow I feel really dumb. When you guys said 'weightless branch' it didn't occur to me that you meant a branch of the development and not a literal dungeon branch. I thought they were adding a weird moon branch with low gravity :downs:

Don't worry, when gammafunk told me he was making a branch where items had no weight my first question was "Is it going to replace Crypt?"

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Prism posted:

Moon trolls don't exist.

They were theoretically going to appear in a mini-branch and would have been invisible caster trolls with a small tornado effect, but the mini-branch never made it into the game and neither did they.

There is the Moon Troll Leather Armour as an unrand, though, giving MP, spirit shield, and better regeneration than regular troll leather.

It was a joke someone made on ##crawl ages ago and then someone put it in the bots and then someone took it seriously. Moon trolls have never, ever been a real enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
In other news, Spider form now moves at normal speed. Eat poo poo NaTm I guess.

• Locked thread