Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Recently got a DVD burner and I'm wondering what's the best way to burn a slideshow of pictures to a DVD, so it would play the slideshow on the TV when I put it in the player? Free would be best, but I might be willing to pay for a good program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
nero burning rom would suit your needs, skylark

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

nero burning rom would suit your needs, skylark

thats a good program

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”
iPhoto

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

There are more or less 3 different ways you can do what you're looking for, depending on the capabilities of your DVD player. The first two will basically make a standards-compliant disc that will play in any player that can read it but the pics will only be 480 pixels high.

1. Make what is essentially a video track that has transitions. Obviously once you set your delay and stuff you can't change it later, but you can have music in the background and fancier poo poo.
2. Make a "slideshow" which uses your DVD remote for browsing. No transitions, I don't think music works unless you make it start over every time you change the picture, but I think you can set a delay before it goes to the next one.

I think any recent-ish software designed for making DVD's should have easy ways of doing both of these. You can probably just video edit the 1st one using any software you want, even, like stuff intended for YouTube.

Option 3 is just putting the raw images on your disc straight-up, your DVD player might have built-in software for making a slideshow with those, which can be customized and might even support 1080p if it's a recent enough player.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
optical media is dead, hth op

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

univbee posted:

There are more or less 3 different ways you can do what you're looking for, depending on the capabilities of your DVD player. The first two will basically make a standards-compliant disc that will play in any player that can read it but the pics will only be 480 pixels high.

1. Make what is essentially a video track that has transitions. Obviously once you set your delay and stuff you can't change it later, but you can have music in the background and fancier poo poo.
2. Make a "slideshow" which uses your DVD remote for browsing. No transitions, I don't think music works unless you make it start over every time you change the picture, but I think you can set a delay before it goes to the next one.

I think any recent-ish software designed for making DVD's should have easy ways of doing both of these. You can probably just video edit the 1st one using any software you want, even, like stuff intended for YouTube.

Option 3 is just putting the raw images on your disc straight-up, your DVD player might have built-in software for making a slideshow with those, which can be customized and might even support 1080p if it's a recent enough player.

skylark thread redeemed

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

do you also need music op?
this limits your choices in software

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
kais power goo

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Skylark admit it, you're just going to yahoo answers circa 2008 and posting stuff here as threads, aren't you? Its okay if ur out of material man we can't all be funy computer all the time, take a break, relax man

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Depressingly enough there was a standard for pictures on a CD/DVD disk with hardware support for playback. It was called HighMAT and Microsoft even shipped support for Windows XP:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831240

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Windows movie maker will let you create movies right from your home computer, just like Lyle Janderson

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

LARD LORD posted:

Skylark admit it, you're just going to yahoo answers circa 2008 and posting stuff here as threads, aren't you? Its okay if ur out of material man we can't all be funy computer all the time, take a break, relax man

My content is original and its a lot more than you deserve.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Skylark posted:

its ok to admit man, we've all borrowed content, even if we don't like to admit it. you cant be a content creator 24/7

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

just use your penis, op :haw::iamafag::razz::iamafag:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Skylark posted:

agreed

weird
Jun 4, 2012

by zen death robot

Skylark posted:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

you should use microsoft windows vista, with microsoft windows dvd maker built in

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Skylark posted:

Recently got a DVD burner and I'm wondering what's the best way to burn a slideshow of pictures to a DVD, so it would play the slideshow on the TV when I put it in the player? Free would be best, but I might be willing to pay for a good program.

yours is the fist gang tag i ever wanted. someone give me this gang tag

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Al! posted:

yours is the fist gang tag i ever wanted. someone give me this gang tag

Fyad mod will just take it from you because you are a human being.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

skylark 10,000 years

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lmfao

weird
Jun 4, 2012

by zen death robot

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

im the flamingo saying goku

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
hey op try Kodak PhotoCD™ via ImageMagick

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

haha

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Did someone say hitler troons small bart human being 420 irony 9/11 bevis 69 goku friend of the family anime jews aids?

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

there's way too many flamingos for that to be FYAD

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

lol