Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

I would have taken Peyton #1 with a bullet, so having him be there at 3 made this pick a slam dunk. I was totally prepared to take Rice at 3 and sort out my QB situation later, but Peyton's an entire offense unto himself and I just couldn't pass that up.

I would have taken Young if Manning and Rice were both gone.

I still think Montana is the best QB of all time so I'm probably biased but I can't fault you for taking Peyton too much I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Doltos posted:

I should make it but I'm feeling lazy. Really we just need a 32 post thread where people assemble their rosters as they pick.

I'll do it before I pass out for a few hours.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
daltos you might consider alphabetizing the entries in the second post, the already-picked players. Later it'll help people know quickly if Terrell Owens was taken already (yes)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Marino and Manning over Montana? Madness.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Silly Burrito posted:

Marino and Manning over Montana? Madness.

I'd do it.

Rap posted:

daltos you might consider alphabetizing the entries in the second post, the already-picked players. Later it'll help people know quickly if Terrell Owens was taken already (yes)

Thought about it but figured we'd want to see the order that pickers take the players.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I would have picked Manning if I didn't feel there was a bigger drop-off between defensive players than quarterbacks :shrug:

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Is this a snake draft or what

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna draft Jamarcus Russell in the 22nd round.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Peyton Manning is the best quarterback ever imo.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Peyton Manning is the best quarterback ever imo.

The great thing about freedom of speech is we all have the right to hold wrong opinions.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A Pale Horse posted:

The great thing about freedom of speech is we all have the right to hold wrong opinions.

Remember one thing, the ring test means that Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Remember one thing, the ring test means that Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino.

Its not just a rings argument, Joe Montana was loving amazing through and through. He had a great team around him but so did most of the best quarterbacks (with the exception of Tom Brady maybe).

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I think you can make arguments for a select few but calling any of them "wrong" is loving stupid.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Knightmere posted:

Is this a snake draft or what

Snake baby

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I think Montana is the best ever but I can't fault someone for picking Peyton over him.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I think you can make arguments for a select few but calling any of them "wrong" is loving stupid.

I was just joking mr touchy. You can make an argument for about 5-7 guys as the best ever and its mostly subjective.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A Pale Horse posted:

I was just joking mr touchy. You can make an argument for about 5-7 guys as the best ever and its mostly subjective.

Unless you say Elway, in which case get the gently caress out of here.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Troy Aikman

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

Kalli posted:

Agreed, you have a higher calling in life

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Billy Joe Tolliver is going to be the steal of this draft.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Kalli posted:

More like get the gently caress out of life

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Every one of you is a secret Elway homer, stop stroking the mod's dick. :awesome:

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
what exactly are you guys going to do with this when its done?

Also Bo Jackson is still available idiots.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Doltos posted:

Snake baby

Is it really? I pick 32nd and it'd be bomb rear end to draft Randy Moss and Michael Irvin back to back.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Toymachine posted:

Is it really? I pick 32nd and it'd be bomb rear end to draft Randy Moss and Michael Irvin back to back.

Si. It would be awful otherwise.

bewbies posted:

what exactly are you guys going to do with this when its done?

Also Bo Jackson is still available idiots.

We'll smugly post our teams that we all think are amazing, if we even get past ten rounds, and then the thread will wither and die on page 3.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Right in the middle. Really hope zach thomas is still available

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Not even the best Dallas QB ever

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm salty as gently caress about LT being gone already

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Intruder posted:

I'm salty as gently caress about LT being gone already

How do you think I felt when I did the randomlist roll and I ended up 23rd? The first roll had me and Febreeze going 1 and 2 so I had to reroll to avoid people accusing me of cheating.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Doltos posted:

How do you think I felt when I did the randomlist roll and I ended up 23rd? The first roll had me and Febreeze going 1 and 2 so I had to reroll to avoid people accusing me of cheating.

I would like to know where the Jets would've gone with the first roll because it probably wasn't 30th. :colbert:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Doltos posted:

drat YOU DALTOS

i hope ryan leaf is still available for the cowboys at 8

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

Doltos posted:

If you aint in collusion you aint a real commish.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rasczak posted:

I would like to know where the Jets would've gone with the first roll because it probably wasn't 30th. :colbert:

Dunno, didn't look past the first two picks and just hit F5 again.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

A Pale Horse posted:

Its not just a rings argument, Joe Montana was loving amazing through and through. He had a great team around him but so did most of the best quarterbacks (with the exception of Tom Brady maybe).

Bro, you do not have to tell me how amazing Joe Montana is. I have been having the Montana vs. Marino debate since I was like eight. But context is important in situations like this. Manning has been productive at both a ridiculously high level and on an absurdly consistent basis for 15 years now, and Montana, as great as he was, had both one of the greatest coaching minds in league history and had his peak cut short by injury at several points in his career. Peyton not only has all the physical tools (well OK his arm strength has faded some recently, but the dude's 38 years old), he's inarguably got the best field vision and play recognition of any quarterback in the history of the sport. He elevates all of the talent around him, we've seen what the castoffs of those 2000s Colts teams have done without him on the roster.

Hell, if I had gone full homer and taken a Niners QB it wouldn't even have been Montana, it would have been Young. But that's an entirely separate debate. But I would have taken Jerry Rice before either of them, to boot.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, all those offensive players that left Indy and didn't succeed.

Because they kept Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am going to draft all offensive linemen in the first five rounds y'all

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grozz Nuy posted:

Bro, you do not have to tell me how amazing Joe Montana is. I have been having the Montana vs. Marino debate since I was like eight. But context is important in situations like this. Manning has been productive at both a ridiculously high level and on an absurdly consistent basis for 15 years now, and Montana, as great as he was, had both one of the greatest coaching minds in league history and had his peak cut short by injury at several points in his career. Peyton not only has all the physical tools (well OK his arm strength has faded some recently, but the dude's 38 years old), he's inarguably got the best field vision and play recognition of any quarterback in the history of the sport. He elevates all of the talent around him, we've seen what the castoffs of those 2000s Colts teams have done without him on the roster.

Hell, if I had gone full homer and taken a Niners QB it wouldn't even have been Montana, it would have been Young. But that's an entirely separate debate. But I would have taken Jerry Rice before either of them, to boot.

Eh, I've seen Peyton in his Super Bowls and I've seen Montana in his. Not even a rings argument, I'd just rather have Joe Cool playing in the Super Bowl than Manning any day. But this is all subjective anyway. It is surprising that a Niners fan passed on him, but I get your reasons why.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Pick is in, as if there was any other choice.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
You may have tipped your hand too early, someone's going to snipe Herm from you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I wanted Dick. :smith:

• Locked thread