Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Ditka 4th overall? Reeeeeaaaaach. I don't know what the bears are doing here Boom, ditka could have easily dropped into the 2nd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I wouldn't have taken him in the third. There has to be 10 better Tight Ends alone.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I wouldn't have taken him in the third. There has to be 10 better Tight Ends alone.

There's a somewhat decent argument Ditka's the best tight end ever. Not as a receiving threat over the new guys and you can get into the argument about how everyone was tiny back when he played, but he was good.

Shame about destroying the Saints and not winning more than one Super Bowl with the Bears.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
He was good no doubt but Mackey, Newsome, Gonzalez... I don't know if he was that good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It's definitely one of those "everything was better way back when" things, but I find it less ridiculous than people who think Don Hutson was the best wideout ever at least. I'm tempted to say Ditka was straight up better than Mackey for what it's worth, although they were both really good from everything I know.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Dicka. Dicka. Dicka.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eifert Posting posted:

I wanted Dick. :smith:

Phrasing

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
So who is going to take Hernandez and when?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

It's pretty funny that you guys are having serious conversation about Ditka being a good pick at 4 overall when it came from a Packers fan who was clearly doing it as a homer joke

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't think anyone's doing that, it's just a conversation about where he belongs in the top TE list.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You're right that he's comparable to Mackey though. Their stat lines are drat similar.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I mean it in a good way, as in "here's the guy's validity as a player" rather than just brushing it off as a dumb joke

Also here's this with no context because I love some good homering

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
If you think about it, the saddest part is all those Oline men waiting in the TFF All Time green room. This is run by goons, only Oline men were invited.

Sad Forrest Gregg.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's going to be a real struggle to not take Johnathan Ogden with my first pick.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Ditka is like the 7th or 8th best tight end but sure, why not

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Doltos posted:

Ditka is like the 7th or 8th best tight end but sure, why not

this is the homer game hth

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Bro, you do not have to tell me how amazing Joe Montana is. I have been having the Montana vs. Marino debate since I was like eight. But context is important in situations like this. Manning has been productive at both a ridiculously high level and on an absurdly consistent basis for 15 years now, and Montana, as great as he was, had both one of the greatest coaching minds in league history and had his peak cut short by injury at several points in his career. Peyton not only has all the physical tools (well OK his arm strength has faded some recently, but the dude's 38 years old), he's inarguably got the best field vision and play recognition of any quarterback in the history of the sport. He elevates all of the talent around him, we've seen what the castoffs of those 2000s Colts teams have done without him on the roster.

Hell, if I had gone full homer and taken a Niners QB it wouldn't even have been Montana, it would have been Young. But that's an entirely separate debate. But I would have taken Jerry Rice before either of them, to boot.

So you're drafting for a regular season team instead of a postseason one?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Four picks in and we're bogged down :laugh:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Does Top Hats Monthly even know he's on the board?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Intruder posted:

Four picks in and we're bogged down :laugh:

Not quite. There is the 12 hour rule that kicks into effect at 3:42 EST. First person to post a realistic top all time player gets to pick who he drafts if he doesn't post by then.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If you need alternates ever I will do it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
If you do not pick there should be a list of awful players they are given as punishment

Mark Sanchez
JaMarcus Russel
Ryan Leaf
Ki-Jana Carter

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

IcePhoenix posted:

If you need alternates ever I will do it.

I should really also make that a rule. You miss your pick, an alternate takes over and you go to the back of the line for alternates.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If you do not pick there should be a list of awful players they are given as punishment

Mark Sanchez
JaMarcus Russel
Ryan Leaf
Ki-Jana Carter

Make it fun and assign a randomly chosen Heisman winner (pick a name/year out of a hat or something). Will you get Bo Jackson or Eric Crouch? :iiam:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Doltos posted:

I should really also make that a rule. You miss your pick, an alternate takes over and you go to the back of the line for alternates.

Or just have a pool of alternates and whoever gets to it first after the time is up makes the pick. I fear commitment too much to run a team but I'd do that.

e: Oh I read your idea wrong. I was just thinking of it as making a pick to get things moving and the team stays under whoever. You're right, it's probably better to have someone take over the team.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
So who wants to sign up for alternate picking?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Mark Sanchez
JaMarcus Russel
Ryan Leaf
Ki-Jana Carter

It said All Time players and those are all players who played at one time, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Mark Sanchez isn't ever going to be in the Hall of Fame, but he's going to be remembered by this generation for far longer than many inductees.

His greatness transcends any single team following.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Once holographic technology has come along, there NEEDS to be a holographic recreation of the Buttfumble as you walk into the HoF.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Doltos posted:

Not quite. There is the 12 hour rule that kicks into effect at 3:42 EST. First person to post a realistic top all time player gets to pick who he drafts if he doesn't post by then.

*looks up at thread title*

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Alright time's up on Top Hat Monthly. First person to post a realistic hall of famer can go ahead and do it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
...Nevermind, I've already got a team.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Brett Favre
Second.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
You can pick for him even if you have a team guys, I don't care who does it as long as the draft moves along.

Also forshame on Goons that sign up for things then check TFF once a week.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Team That Isn't Here selects Lynn Swann, Hall of Fame Wide Receiver.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
First person to post someone here, not the picks thread. But that's good enough korran, Brett Favre has been picked and now The Puppy Bowl is on the clock til 4 A.M. EST.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Hrmph. Looks like some team was robbed of Hall of Fame Wide Receiver Lynn Swann.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
I just picked the first player posted here after you asked to move it along. It would also look weird if we went from 4 to 6 in the selection thread. :shrug:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm surprised at you all. Grozz I get, but the rest of you... shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.
Brett Favre being picked by the Packers is just and right and I will not hear otherwise.

• Locked thread