Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Ferris Bueller's Day Off is about how juvenile delinquency is cool so long as you're white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The Boondock Saints is about how jihad is cool so long as you're white.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Persepolis: Person living in third-world country still has first-world problems, gets critical acclaim and a publishing deal because 9/11 happened.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lollerich posted:

Ching-chong-bing-bong doesn't look believable as a negress, nor does Agent Smith as Mrs. Doubtfire. The individual story lines are tied together by the same actors playing different roles in different timelines. The story in and of itself isn't tied together at all. The huge interstellar communication array in the future has no connection to Tom Hanks stealing someone's golden shirt buttons in the Pirate Age.

Cloud Atlas is a perfect example of how if you dress up genre fiction in enough pretentious gimmicks and trappings of literary fiction then critics will eat it up.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Dear Zachary: A guy's family bitches about his ex for two hours, people with zero critical thinking skills accept everything they say as fact.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

hambeet posted:

In the secret life of Walter Mitty the whole movie is a massive piece of poo poo and I can't even remember how the gently caress it ended but seriously don't see it

I think maybe the famous photographer gave the photo to his mum or some poo poo I dunno, and he ends up loving the girl

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty: Papa John's eHarmony Cinnabon Stretch Armstrong Life Magazine

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

TheEggsBenedict posted:

in troll 2 nilbog is goblin spelled backwards hth

In Zardoz Zardoz means "Wizard of Oz"

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Drag Me To Hell: She gets dragged to hell

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

JediTalentAgent posted:

Tomb Raider: Lara Croft is a charmless character that it is impossible to feel bad for when even magical beings are telling her she's endangering all of existence with her dumb, self-centered behavior and not even U2's catchy song can save you now.

Tomb Raider: Daniel Craig does an American accent

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Veronica Mars: People who bitch and moan about Hollywood making nothing but sequels, spinoffs, and remakes donate money to a zillion-dollar entertainment conglomerate so they'll make a sequel

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Pacific Rim: You sit through an hour of training montages and your reward is trying to watch two giant robots fight in the dark and underwater

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Dead Poet's Society: White people, eh eh eh eh eh

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

TerryLennox posted:

In Dreamcatcher, Morgan Freeman's eyebrows and Tom Sizemore play some badass Xenohunting team that is searching for some aliens in Alaska. Said aliens have infested a group of four guys who are staying in a cabin in the mountains. Said aliens infest their host by crawling up their rear end. What is unbelievable is not only that they got Morgan Freeman to act in this piece of poo poo but that you can get a pillow-sized, slug alien shoved up your rear end and not leave you walking like John Wayne. Also, the good alien resides in the body of their retarded special friend.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mind the walrus posted:

I especially hate that Dreamcatcher was set in loving Derry of all places. IT is my favorite piece of King media and while I'm ok with never getting a sequel it bug me that the most direct follow-up to IT was so nakedly unrelated to anything established in IT.

good news 11/22/63 spends like a fifth of the book in Derry and it's dope, some of the kids even make an appearance

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Volume posted:

In S.Darko you can tell that no one involved in making the movie had any idea of what they were doing.

to be fair neither did the dude who made the original movie

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Volume posted:

they some how expect you to root for the rear end in a top hat in I hope they serve beer in hell

I really wish they had made a documentary about the making-of for this movie, if anybody could out-rear end in a top hat Troy Duffy in Overnight it's Tucker Max

the dude legit thought that I hope they serve beer in hell was going to out-perform The Hangover lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Hazo posted:

I watched Tusk last night and the big plot twist is that after Justin Long gets surgically turned into a walrus you still have half a movie of Kevin Smith's boring bullshit to watch

kevin smith's next movie starts his daughter so its gonna be p funny watching all the fat nerds who bitched about the nepotism in girls rationalize the neckbeard-in-chief doing it

• Locked thread