Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

If I oath a bunch of bases in one month, and then oath miniatures in the second month, can I mount the miniatures on the bases for the oath complete post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I, ijyt, oath (1) Games Workshop Tau XV88 Broadside Battlesuit (28mm) for the month of May 2014.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ijyt posted:

I, ijyt, oath (1) Games Workshop Tau XV88 Broadside Battlesuit (28mm) for the month of May 2014.

Oath addition! (1) Games Workshop Tau XV88 Broadside Battlesuit (28mm) for a total of (2).

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

If I post oath complete, but then decide that I can do another model, can I add it to the oath?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Iris of Ether posted:

Yes, you can add it to your Oath, but your Oath becomes incomplete again until you finish up the newly-added model.

Sweet, thanks. I tried looking it up on the wiki but the "click here" to learn more about oath additions bit didn't have anywhere to click. :shobon:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

For a second I thought you wrote your name in permanent marker on your monitor.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Fuegan posted:

I love this time of the month :allears:

Unless you're waiting for varnish to dry. :negative:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Might not have time to post otherwise so... Oath Complete! (With the most :effort: inquisitorial log ever, where I forger to take half the photos! I promise to do better next time.)

loving varnish didn't dry properly though. I promise they look better in person.

Journal:

Parts List:

PAINTS 'N' poo poo posted:

Citadel
Khorne Red
Wazdakka Red
Abaddon Black
Mechanicus Standard Grey
Administratum Grey
Warpstone Glow
Warboss Green
Skarsnik Green
Yriel Yellow
Averland Sunset
Ungor Flesh
Ceramite White
Steel Legion Drab
Baneblade Brown
Karak Stone
Leadbelcher
Runefang Steel

Carroburg Crimson
Waywatcher Green
Nuln Oil
Agrax Earthshade
Reikland Flesh

Typhus Corrosion

Vallejo
Negro / Black
Gris Negro / Black Grey

So I'm claiming:

Season 5iver
Parts List
Inquisitor's Log
Double the Fun

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Red Shoe posted:

:siren:Oath complete!:siren:

:stare:

How the hell do you have the time to paint all that in a month? Awesome job.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I, ijyt oath 20x Games Workshop Skaven Clanrats (28mm) for the month of June.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

If you're about to prime models, you also have time to take a photo of them in bare plastic.

Alternatively, there's also time to take a photo of them while you're waiting for the first coat of primer to dry.

Mountains out of molehills.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

BirdieBedtime posted:

Well obviously my question was a good one if it sparked so much discussion. For what it's worth, here is a quick shot of the models in question. I primed them before realizing 'oh yeah, oath thread!' If that's too much work done on them, if nothing else we've made the rules a bit clearer.

Yeah, on the other hand zenithal priming is literally a zero-effort thing and a matter of preference. The only issue I'd see if someone oath'd a model like that, and then posted "Oath complete!" with barely any changes.

Like, if you hadn't mentioned it was zenithal I'd have assumed the grey was bare plastic and that you were just really bad at priming.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

krushgroove posted:

OK, on the zenithal priming thing:

I think that's pretty much the fairest way to do it.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

For some reason I'm really into this oath season more than the last one, these clanrats are getting done a lot faster than I thought they'd be. :)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Elfface posted:

Quick question: If I commit to painting a Morkanaught now (to be released Saturday, so there's no danger of getting a headstart) do I still have to upload a pic of it unpainted? Because I might make a start on it at the local GW, so won't be able to get an unfinished picture without going home.

Taking a photo of the oath at the store seems like the safest bet.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

:mmmsmug: OATH COMPLETE :mmmsmug:

Ack ack ack! Ack ack ack ack.

ACK ACK ACK! ACK! ACK! Ack ack ack ack ack ack, ack ack ack

Holy gently caress there's a Mars Attacks! miniatures game?

• Locked thread