Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
From the wiki:

quote:

If you do the theme and correct Oath and post finished pictures of your model on time, you'll earn 10 points in a month
I think that 10 points number is a copy-paste leftover from last year's rules. Isn't the standard max score now 5 points per month before judging/achievements?

I quite like the point streamlining now, especially the change to current/previous jurnal score. I just need to go find something to oath for this month so I can start the season off properly...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
To kick off the new season I oath these 5 GW 40k Gretchin

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
:siren:Oath Complete!

Bonus points I'm claiming:
Season 5iver!
Jurnal - Work In Progress pictures (see image below)
Parts list (see image below)
Double the fun!

Also Themed Group

Here's my jurnal/parts-list entry, in poster format:

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
For June, I oath a Corporation Director, from Mini-Wargaming's Dark Potential starter set

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
:siren: Oath Complete!

Bonus points:
Jurnal (the damp mossy bark)
Speed painting
Box art

Speed painting:

Box Art:

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
For July, I oath this GW Ork Warphead.

I found this when I bought a random box of bitz from a buddy. According to the text on the base slot, it is (c) GW 94, so this guy looks like he's 20 years old!

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

Jurnal is the yellow glow coming from the head of his staff

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

Android posted:

Oath Complete!

Jurnal is the green glowy fist puncha.

Top stuff. OK I concede, you win the battle of the weirdboyz for this month! :)

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
^^ edit:too slow!

From the previous season, there were some useful NMM links in case people aren't sure how to approach this:
* http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=10116.0
* http://www.platoonbritannica.com/index.php?threads/non-metallic-metal-goodiness-a-guide-to.1654/

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
For August, I oath this Imperial Bunker (GW)

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Oath Complete
Jurnal is the NMM on the Imperial Aquila

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
I oath a 40k Killa-Kan with 2 sets of magnetised arms

For the Jurnal I'm doing some magnetisation cut-and-swap on the arms, to make them interchangeable and also easier to store/transport. Each socket joint has a brass rod to act as a pivot and support most of the weight, with a magnet to hold it in place. The end result is a surprisingly strong join.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Oath Complete!
One Killa Kan with 4 swappable arms

Jurnal is where I Cut holes for some pins/magnets so I can Swap the arms:

I made a GIF!

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
For October I oath this Ork Painboy with Grot orderly:

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Oath complete!

Claiming Jurnal for the Pink Stuff in his syringe

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
So many good oaths coming in this month. Great work everyone!

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Guess I should get started...
This month I oath this 40k Ork Nob

I kept the head and body apart for the pic because the body was a second-hand strip job that still looks stained from the old primer. Hope that is OK

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Oath Complete!

Jurnal is the simply fabulous greenstuff hairdo :nyan:

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
For December I oath these 4 GW moonscape craters. I needed two pictures to get both the time and the craters visible. Hope that is ok.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Oath complete!

Jurnal is the wet mud in one crater, and the soot weathering in the others

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
For January I'm oathing this 40k dreadnought

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Oath complete!

Jurnal is the freehand banner of his volcanic mountain (see backstory), for which I'm also claiming Fly Your Flag

One-off 2015 prize is the 2015 painted on the gold chestplate

Backstory
Maximinus Metallius Xylo V was the last loyal member of his chapter, the Pale Templars. After his former brothers were lost to the ruinous powers, he shed his old colours and vowed to never speak of them again. Now he sits alone on the volcanic Mount Monitorus, silently looking down in judgement on the rest of the world. The only reminder of his old identity are the initials forged in to his golden chestplate.
(This is basically a fluffy RP version of how I bought this model from a friend who was quitting the hobby, and then stripped and painted him up so he can sit on my desk)

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
For February I oath this Forge-father Hailstorm Cannon from Mantic

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

Jurnal is the Artillery for Dummies (By I. Newton) set ready for the operator.

Here's a couple of In Battle! pics of my entries from the last two months:

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
This month I'm oathing this converted 40k techmarine who seems to be very interested in the Cute Russian Girls on his auspex...

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

krushgroove posted:

Oaths Accepted!
Missed me?

Deanut Pancer posted:

This month I'm oathing this converted 40k techmarine who seems to be very interested in the Cute Russian Girls on his auspex...

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

Jurnal is the battle damage to the metal-work on the base

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
:siren: Hey Goons! :siren:
Do you struggle with the fact that the world is round and time isn't the same everywhere? :jeb:
Do you always forget how many days there are in October? :confused:
Does the 24 hours clock give you issues because you don't have that many fingers and toes? :twentyfour:

Worry no more! Let me introduce you to...

THE BIG OATH COUNTDOWN CLOCK THING

Thanks to the power of SCIENCE :science: you can now see when you need to have your initial oaths submitted by, and when you need get your painting done.

Go here and bookmark this for all your oath countdown needs: http://oath-countdown.appspot.com/

It should tell you exactly how much time you have until the two important dates each month - oath submission posts and oath complete posts. You can scroll to previous and future months (which might be handy around the first/last day depending on timezones).
If I've got everything right, it should show you your local time time according to your browser setup. I think it will work OK on different browsers and platforms, but I'd like feedback from people to check. (Living in UTC land means most stuff to do with times happens to always work for me out of the box)

Hopefully next season we'll stick to the American Samoa timezone for deadlines again, and I won't have to go through all the hacks I made to make that work!

If you've any issues/suggestions, feel free to let me know. If you've any images you think should be added to the background rotation, I can do that easily enough. :vomarine: I hope someone finds this useful. For next season hopefully we can get it linked in the OP. I've only set up the months for this season, but once we decided if we're starting next season immediately or taking a month of to get everything squared up, I'll add them to the calendar.

(Please don't look at the source too closely, I'm not a web guy and it shows!)

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
For April, I oath 5x Space Marines

Edit: Just noticed there's 6 heads on the sprues - I'll only be painting 5 of them for this oath obviously

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

Germ posted:

:captainpop:FEBRUARY JUDGEMENT!!!:captainpop:
Second Place (2 Points) - Deanut Pancer. Part of me, the part that plays games with tiny spacemen, wanted to give this model negative points. Mostly because I realize it’s going to likely be used as a Thunderfire cannon in 40k, and I hate those nasty little things dropping cover-ignoring ordinance on my otherwise blissfully shrouded Nurgle daemons. Who never hurt anyone. ANYONE. The other part of me recognizes that a clean, well-executed scheme like this is not something that’s easy to pull off. Great colors. Consistent shading. Smooth blue. Subtle yet clear highlights. The battle damage and paint chips are a bonus. Well done!

Thank you so much for the kind words (and the points!). And yes, this thing is going to be dropping 4x small blasts everywhere it can :boom::boom::boom::boom:

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
:siren: Oath Addition: 40k Dark Angel objective marker

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

Signal posted:

Be'Oldor the Eye Tyrant©®™ floated dramatically forward...
This is amazing. :ghost: :ghost: :v: waka waka waka

Iris of Ether posted:

:siren: March Monthly Prizes! :siren:
March Oath Thread, Grab Bag Prize 1d35 27 http://orokos.com/roll/281682
This goes to Deanut Pancer!
Thanks very much! I've sent a mail to Krushgroove about prize pot. I'm going for the reaper assassins I think.

Deanut Pancer fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 29, 2015

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

krushgroove posted:

Season Six!
I'm happy to roll straight into the glorious SIXTH season of the Oath Thread, although Grand Prize sponsors have to be finalized and a few behind-the-scenes things need to be finished up. I started getting in touch with existing sponsors a while back and will work throughout Season 6 to fill in any prize 'gaps' we might end up with.
Ah I was wondering about this (the timing of the next season). There was some discussion a while back about maybe having a one month gap to get everything finished up and organised, and then getting set up to start up the new season in June. So we're going back-to-back? Alrighty, time waits for no brush!

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Oath complete!

Double Jurnal is Hair (November) for the stubble and Battle Damage (March) for the facial scars - both on the Captain model
I'm claiming Strike a pose, All for one and I rolled a 6 achievements (see below)

5 Marines:

Objective Marker:
Achievement: I rolled a 6!

Achievement: Strike a pose!
Maximinus Metallius Xylo V and his squadron of marines had been stationed on this lonely rock for months, without any sign of combat. With little else to do, boredom had set in.
"Who wants to play another round of Hide the meat stick in the dreadnought?" asked Brother Marcus Muzzler. The rest of the marines groaned in desperation, failing to notice the enemy they'd been waiting for had finally arrived...

Achievement: All for one!

May: Gretchin
June: Corporation Director
July: Ork Warphead
August: Imperial Bunker
September: Killa-Kan
October: Ork Painboy with Grot orderly
November: 40k Ork Nob
December: GW moonscape craters
January: Dreadnought
February: Forge-father Hailstorm Cannon
March: Tech-marine
April: Space Marines

Deanut Pancer fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Sorry for holding up the prize train. Been working all the hours at work this week :(

I'll go for the Mutant Chronicles Warzone Resurrection set please.
(I was thinking about the airbrush, but my cheapo clone brush works fine for me, so maybe this will fall all the way down to Ledgem instead...)
Are there different factions available for these starter sets, or is it a random pick? If there is room for giving a preference I'll go look and see what's available, but at least this won't hold up others making their choices now.

Thanks again to everyone who takes part in the Oath thread. Organisers for your selfless dedication, judges for your great feedback, and all the painters for consistently producing really inspiring stuff every month.

• Locked thread