Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I might be tempted by this if they have a Professor analogue.

Ragnarok was horrible tedious grindy poo poo but holy gently caress was playing a melee professor fun once you actually got there. Just bashing skulls with textbooks while making GBS threads bolts and powerful utility spells everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Dolphin Fetus posted:

I started iRO again because of this game and have a few buddies who play that explained some of the new stuff to me. I leveled a mage to wizard then decided I'd rather have a hunter, got to job level 50, thinking I could skip the item part but lo' and behold the game still forces me to do it. I still enjoy RO, even with its many flaws but its still fun IMO. If you like cute sprite work and just want to mindlessly kill stuff forever to good music its still the go to game IMO. What I find funny is that the community feels more active than bigger mmos like WoW because you have hundreds of vendor merchants in the streets and the Eden Group HQ...well, I don't know what Gravity was thinking.

Anyone still play RO? I didn't see a topic for the game, which is a shame, because its really not that horrible...if you dig korean mmo grinds (I really am starting to think I do).

personally I have a tendency of picking out a private server and then dropping it after realizing that level grinds tend to be replaced with money grinds

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Truga posted:

Stats are a double edged sword. I really really love them (if you want something a little more modern with stat builds, check out dungeons and dragons online, it's really build-friendly and has fun dungeons after the first couple levels), and they make any game triple the fun when you're screwing about with them.

But, stats also throw any resemblance of balance out the window. A 186+ aspd agi knight or a dodge wizard are lots of fun to play imo, but holy poo poo you'll get laughed at by everyone not playing one because it's "not optimal for anything". Enjoy not getting into any group based activity :v:

yeah after a while everyone just started copying builds almost out of necessity because often the harder MVPs and endgame enemies would be designed around the assumption you were doing so

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Baldbeard posted:

The issue for me was that unconventional builds, or even many 'conventional' PVP builds added many hundreds of hours onto your leveling time as opposed to a strictly PVE build. Like, at the end of the day you still have to kill 4000 of X mob for that level, and doing it with a build that is not optimized for the task is torturous.

if you aren't on a private server with resets experimenting is gonna be a huge sunk cost, yeah

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You didnt answer me, how would you implement mouse control in this game?

by launching ragnarok.exe obvs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

GlenQuagmire posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi2Zs8k30Lk
New teaser trailer for the next Korean beta, which begins tomorrow. Looks like they've managed to implement support for gamepads, which is nice to see.

want that bighead spell

• Locked thread