Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Raku posted:

Or Most Improved Douche--which is the opposite of what it says. It's for the guy who tarnishes a good public image the most via surprise douchery.

Like an anti-lifetime douche? They were boy scouts until just recently? I think that's kinda redundant, since we're only supposed to judge them on the most recent year anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
It wouldn't hurt to have a Rookie or Newcomer Douche Award. Someone who gets recognition for getting nominated so quickly after getting signed/going pro/getting their first ESPN article.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
It might solve the "douche vs evil" debate to hold a smaller Fucker of the Year award for evil people, just like 8 seeds or something since there aren't typically as many evil people out there. It could be named for Jerry Sandusky but the Jerry Sandusky Fucker of the Year award sounds kinda like a prison rape joke which are never funny

Anyway it could be a way to segregate those candidates and let them win their award and leave the Rovell-like douchebags in the Roethlisberger tournament

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The companion award should obviously be the Turd Sandwich award. So we aren't forced to pick between douchebags and turd sandwiches.

e. And I agree, we shouldn't have to pick between evil people and people who are merely slimey shits.

How about a category specifically for fanbases? Ole Miss and the 12th Man belonged in some other category than individuals and front offices and police departments, to my mind.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
It seems like the Wildcard region should just be renamed as the Fanbase region. The TPD entry can be replaced by FSU fanbase/apologists and Chavarria can be replaced by Overinvested Peewee Parents or something.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
So far I like the idea of an 8 man evil mini tournament. Due to how much time this actually consumes (not an insane amount, but significant) I might just try to find someone who would be willing to run that in the same thread, but independent of my influence. I might do that with the Hall of Fame voting or any other mini tournaments that people want to run. Hell, I might just let anyone who wants to run their own DotY style tournament in my thread have at it, with the only rule being that only one match can go at a time. I will insist that Militree is for my use only.

For the rebracketing ideas, perhaps have sort of an Institution bracket, which would sort of be a hybrid between admin and wildcard- this would include entrants such as DFO, Ole Miss, 12th Man, Factory of Sadness, Ray Rice apologists etc.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Instead of a full-on separate 8-player tourney, why not just do side awards/trophies like people have sort of mentioned. Kind of like how the NHL does The Masterson Trophy, Lady Byng, Calder etc and just run a quick "most votes gets it" that runs concurrently with the bracket? That way you could knock them both out at the same time AND have two things to vote on each "event". I'm sure we could come up with 4-8 :airquote:trophies:airquote: to hand out that you could vote on during the semi-finals or something. Plus I can already picture some fantastically inappropriately photoshopped fake trophies. :v:

I dunno, it's an idea that I probably explained terribly. :shrug: I mean, a whole other bracket seems semi redundant just due to some handwringing about "is he/she douche enough/too much/just evil".

Ed: Oh yeah, and don't announce the winner until King Douche 20XX has been crowned.

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 17, 2014

hhhmmm
Jan 1, 2006
...?
The Icognito Locker Room Award
The Dolphin (for being a dick about health care maybe

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Lowsman Trophy

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Most Improved Douche (real douchy the previous year but seems clean this year?)
Terrelle Owens "disgusting act" award - for on-field hijinks that shouldn't be punished

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

effectual posted:

Terrelle Owens "disgusting act" award - for on-field hijinks that shouldn't be punished

How could you possibly get the name wrong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGdQJcgJB10

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Terrible Human Being side tourney for the ray rices of the world so
I don't have to watch true douches brushed aside by violent and horribly racist things that nobody with humanity would vote against, loving up the concept

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Terrible Human Being side tourney for the ray rices of the world so
I don't have to watch true douches brushed aside by violent and horribly racist things that nobody with humanity would vote against, loving up the concept

So about all those people who didn't vote winston through......

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
I don't really get the move to push out "evil" nominees. Is Incognito viewed as too evil or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

SlipUp posted:

I don't really get the move to push out "evil" nominees. Is Incognito viewed as too evil or what?

I am just planning on keeping the "Are they facing charges?" rules in effect.

This does allow some evil to slip through (Ray Rice, Roethlisberger), but it is a good hard rule so I don't have to make so many judgement calls.

• Locked thread