Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I forsee a big attack from yates on saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I forsee a big attack from yates on saturday.

I like him. I think hes got a lot of potential.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
This kelderman fellow seems okay,

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

serious gaylord posted:

I like him. I think hes got a lot of potential.

He does. Him and Dowsett are the best British riders. He was smart to not sign with Sky.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

He'll crack mentally as soon as he's isolated.

He will just suck down ventolin every 100 meters

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Byolante posted:

He will just suck down ventolin every 100 meters

I think the only thing stopping him is an independent testing body like WADA or the French police. The Head of the UCI is so entwined with British cycling and his son is a Team Sky employee. Farce.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I didn't see Froome crash :( He looks really beat up though :)

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Froome lost quite some skin on the shoulder, elbow, back and leg, he will have a hard time sleeping tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLWoCtDYgm0

fartmanteau
Mar 15, 2007

Smirr posted:

I didn't see Froome crash :( He looks really beat up though :)

Today I realised I am capable of schadenfreude.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

fartmanteau posted:

Today I realised I am capable of schadenfreude.

Heh

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Imma be here tomorrow, riding up the last two cols with a few friends then settling in on a hair pin, probably the one the 2nd last picture was taken from.

These are some of my pictures from last year, don't remember if I posted any before.

This is the start of the Col du Forclaz looking towards Martigny.

Higher up looking back to the valley

Onto the climb up to Emosson

Near the top

I don't expect any meaningful attacks on the Forclaz, it's too consistant and far from the finish and frankly too easy of a climb to pose any threat to the guys in the GC unless they happen to have lost all of their team mates.

The views are spectacular up to Emosson, more importantly there is also very little cover from the wind and on my previous ascent there was a brutal headwind which really came into play for the last Kilometre which could make closing gaps even harder. This is the sort of climb that should break either Froome or Contador, the final 6KM is made of sections with average gradients between 9-10%.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Froome's in a lot of pain this morning. This is the day for Contador to go away from him.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Vaughters on Froome http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=1489435&postcount=6335

Spicy stuff

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Holy poo poo that's actually JV. He's a cool dude and that is seriously sticking his neck out.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

JV posted:

I've never seen it in an athlete

Maybe buy better athletes?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

On the final climb, I'm next to the panda. There is a mini storm at the summit. Tail wind nearly the whole way up the climb.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Boom. That's 12 seconds already.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Froome counter attack now.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I think Froome is letting Contador take yellow so his team have to control the race tomorrow. I...cant say its the best decision but if you're not feeling great I can see why you'd give up a lead of 4-5 seconds.

GrimSqueaker
Sep 26, 2011

serious gaylord posted:

I think Froome is letting Contador take yellow so his team have to control the race tomorrow. I...cant say its the best decision but if you're not feeling great I can see why you'd give up a lead of 4-5 seconds.

Nope, Froome was doing everything he could to keep the yellow jersey. He just couldn't.

I hope Alberto has some nice coffee...

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Pistolero pew pew pew!

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
That was well done, smart move to attack when Porte was still at the front of the peloton, it surprised Froome.
It will be hard to control for Saxo tomorrow, Contador will mark Froome closely, Talansky could take advantage of this.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

Fuckin lol. He had no say in the matter.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Yep on watching it he just waited too long to try and reel Contador in. Was hoping Porte could do it but he was just dead weight. Silly from Froome, poor racecraft. Couldnt minimise his losses. Still he kept it to 8 when it was looking like it would be 20+ at one point.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Pocket posted:

On the final climb, I'm next to the panda. There is a mini storm at the summit. Tail wind nearly the whole way up the climb.

I saw the panda just now on the highlights. Nice spot to watch a bike race.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

All Contador has to do tomorrow is bounce on the pedals behind Froome. TS would let a break go tomorrow to soak up the bonus seconds, maybe sky might chase and set a crazy tempo up Courchevel.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Remember when races like the Dauphine would be won by 2nd tier riders like Brajkovic, because everyone only peaked for GT's? I like this better tbh, but I wonder why it has changed

fartmanteau
Mar 15, 2007

Pocket posted:

Good spot!

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Paddyb posted:

I saw the panda just now on the highlights. Nice spot to watch a bike race.

I didn't get too many pictures as I was busy streaming the stage on my phone at the same time. The Forclaz was more annoying than usual, a power zapping 31 Celsius for the way up, couldn't go too crazy as I was going to overheat.

The sky started throwing down a few drops of rain at random on our ascent to Emosson and the incoming storm was making moisture just appear in the air, everything was gathering condensation. It helped keep the heat down a bit for the final climb but left me completely soaked. The dam at the top had some of the team buses lined across it, it looked amazing but the photo really doesn't do it justice, the light was terrible and within 10 minutes the clouds blocked out the whole view. I'd have gotten closer for a better angle but it was 9c not counting wind chill and the rain at the summit, I was only sporting summer gear and was shivering uncontrollably whilst a shade of turning blue.

The mountains are in two distinct tones, the water level in the dam rises during the summer as the snow melts.

We grabbed some warmth and food in the restaurant at the top and then went down to meet our friends. To our surprised one was dressed like this:

She drove up before the road closure and got ready for the peloton. Eventual stage winner Westra is in the background while he was still some distance off the back of the Katusha duo.

Unsurprisingly none of the GC group gave a second glance. We shouted out to Jens who came up a while later on his own to high five the panda but he was busy talking to someone in the Giant Shimano car to play along, nearly all the Garmin riders were laughing along. Once the news Westra had won and Contador had taken yellow the dropped Astana and Tinkov riders were happy to join in.

My souvenir of the day along with some near top 10 times for the climbs on Strava was a Lotto Belisol bidon that a rider in the grupetto no longer needed.

Iron Beagle
Apr 27, 2007
Jealous of you being at such an exciting stage, pocket.

Westra coming back out of nowhere was a fantastic addition to the excitement of Contador's attack. More of this for the Tour please.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Thanks for the pics and the infos pocket, look like one of the best spot to follow the stage.

A french newspaper, le journal du dimanche, is accusing Froome of being doped with Corticosteroid in Tour de Romandie and being covered by the UCI for this.
He got a medical authorisation for prednisolone for the week by the UCI Dr Mario Zorzoli which is suspicious already but he made the mistake of taking them orally when only spray are allowed.

Froome "dopé" par l’UCI
Google translate

The news seem limited to french speaking site, no news (yet) on VN or CN, l'equipe haven't write about it yet but there is a pending investigation by the world doping agency.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Yes, yes yes. Please be legit. 2 years please.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Corticosteroid slip and cover up? Is this Lance 1999 2.0?

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

They let Talansky in the break, what the christ?

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW
CN put an article up about the TUE.

traction traction traction

where are my loving feeeds.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

CDD today is a huge loving mess. Fantastic.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I can't believe the announcers speculating that Contador doesn't care about this jersey.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Best dauphiné stage, Froome got tricked by Contador again, I hope Alberto catch up with Nibali group before the descent.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
loving contador going to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Talansky still strong it's not over yet for the GC.

Also :

Eurosport 15.5km to go
France TV 8.1 km to go

• Locked thread