Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Scyantific posted:

UI Talk: Please improve the server browser interface. It was probably the one thing that frustrated me to no end in my 200-300 hour run with the original. The best things would be a difficulty filter and an option to search by both IP and Name, and not just limit IP info to favorites. It would also make for a better experience with pubbies not joining Sui/HoE servers with no experience.

Fix that and I will love you forever.
There's always been a difficulty filter, though I can't remember if it was always right there or if you had to go into some filter menu first. One of the real problems though was the difficulty display for the servers. I bet most people don't even know that the server browser displays the difficulty for the servers? Where is it you ask? Here's a hint:

A bunch of coloured lines next to some other coloured lines in a place on the server browser that most people ignore is probably not the best place to put something as important as difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

closeted republican posted:

The real problem is that the difficulty setting in the server browser is set to "All Difficulties" when you install the game for some bizarre reason. I don't get why they didn't make it so that Normal would be the default so that newbies would get games that are a challenge, but not bullshit like getting set to the toughest difficulty and getting wiped in a matter of minutes.
Also the difficulty bars that show what difficulty the server is on looks a lot like latency bars for someone who doesn't know, which probably didn't help.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

moot the hopple posted:

They do show them doing :bustem:TACTICAL:bustem: reloads where you retain the partially full mag, though. Was too busy gawking to see if it had any impact on gameplay or if it was just cosmetic.
Yeah I was about to post this; I really liked how all the tac reloads had the character stashing the mag away while the dry ones they just dump em. I've wanted that in a game for so long. :allears:

Geight posted:

Yeah for whatever reason KF displayed reserve ammo in mags, despite just using a big pool like most other games. If you spent the whole first game running around with half-empty guns because of the bad UI, you were just holding yourself back from your true zed-killing potential!
I know at least one person in the old KF thread a long time ago stated that they would always fire one round and then buy more ammo because "it gives you one more magazine!" even though it's like you said, it only displays them as mags but it works like the big ammo pool in most games.

E: I just noticed all the empty mags on the ground from people reloading in the video that's awesome

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 28, 2015

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
The worst part of those videos is them not ever showing the view from the support guy. Only time you get to see a shotgun in first-person is at the very end of the Biotics Lab video. :mad:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Broose posted:

KF2 is sitting at the coming soon part of steam between other titles with dates between April 1st, and 2nd. But my wishlist knows how reliable that could be by having titles that were on the first page of the coming soon list months ago that still haven't been released.

Also replacing the TAR with that british rifle has made me sad kinda. I also kinda expected a FAMAS.
Uhh

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Tamayachi posted:

Now I want KF_Suburbia except you can go into the houses and see the LOADS OF MONEH video playing on every TV.
This unironically

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

closeted republican posted:

I'd rather be able to level only one perk at a time than grind weld points and Stalkers again.
gently caress Stalker kills forever. Weld points were pretty bad too but at least those you could reliably grind for rather than hoping your teammates wouldn't shoot all the Stalkers.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Some dumb idiot posted:

http://killingfloor2.com/overview/weapons.aspx

The website updated too with all the things that are gonna be in the EA, the "Dragon" perk is basically confirmed to be the alt. Berserker since it's got the Katana.

Mr. Foster's Birthsign is apparently "Dosh." :homebrew:
I'm ready for the super shotgun, give me this game now

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Fina posted:

Seriously though, I'm super excited for KF2. I just reached level 6 Sharpshooter in KF1 last night, my third maxed class. I'd have to grind like hell to get the rest maxed out in time though.
Speaking of which, I wonder how long it's going to take to level in KF2. In KF1 I felt it kinda became a slog after level 3 or 4. Especially the jump from 4 to 5 was a little silly for the perks that need damage (0 -> 4 is 1.5 mill damage total, 4 -> 5 is 3.5 mill damage total).

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Someone better post a screenshot of the new server browser.

Cerepol posted:

drat I always miss the key giveaways. One day I'll see a post at the right time.
I saw it but am not cool enough to have PMs :rip:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

DoombatINC posted:

God drat you for keeping my hope alive another hour :mad:

I wish I didn't remember I'd entered this raffle at exactly 10 AM PST today
Literally sitting here hitting refresh on my inbox

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Really hoping there will be some LMGs in the final game.

Right now the tactical shotgun feels very weak for the cost to me, seems like you're almost always better off just saving for an AA-12 next wave. The reload takes way too long when you really need to go through shells as fast as you can line up shots and 6 ammo capacity is not very much. Maybe it evens out with faster reloads?
I'm hoping that the helmet/armour perk icon that was shown earlier in this thread is a Juggernaut class with LMGs and super heavy armour. :getin:

Also the 1014 sucking rear end for the price sounds true to KF1 to me! :v:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Perestroika posted:

96% of the PC gamer keys sent out. Hope dies last :smith:
Greetings fellow non-key haver

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Akumos posted:

This feels like one of those games where you don't want anything maxed graphically besides FX and textures/shaders.. I can't imagine wanting shadows on in this game when you need to see enemies in dark halls, or dumb lighting effects blinding you.
Clearly the answer is to just shoot more

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I'm glad the MP5 is making a comeback because MP5s are sick + nasty

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
How much ammo does the perk restore anyway? From reading the description my first assumption was that it only gave you the equivalent to one ammo box which in KF1 was a single magazine for each weapon.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Skoll posted:

TWI did KF DLC right. You really only paid for cosmetic poo poo until the Community Mod guns came out. Historically though, the paid DLC guns never measure up to the base guns in-game so not buying the DLC never hurt you. All their content updates have always been free, considering the game launched with like five maps and now there's 26 official maps.

I don't think any other game dev out there has released so many maps for free.
They did KF1's DLC right right up until they started releasing the DLC for $8 instead of $4. Which isn't that bad on its own, but then they went back and changed all the $4 DLC to $8. hosed up IMO. This used to show up on the Steam prices site but apparently it only goes back for like 8 months or so so it's not there on the graph anymore.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Oh I was using a different steam price site. Still dumb though.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
If they don't bring back the 1897 shotgun for Firebug that's it pre-order canceled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Edit: Shotgun? Must have been after my time.
It was added before the Husk launcher so, uh

• Locked thread