Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Takes No Damage posted:

And gently caress those Crawlers with the splitting lower jaws gross gross gross.

pretty sure they always had that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

John Murdoch posted:

Fixing the whole problem of clicking on a server, but then new servers show up and shove it out of your selection and/or off the screen or whatever...that would be spectacular.

Also it'd be nice if I didn't have to pull up the console to IP connect bc the server menu is so annoying. And a more detailed server search function like the source games have.

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 6, 2014

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Ugh forget early access I'd settle for some drat gameplay feed atm.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

turnways posted:

Seeing the all the flying, physics-driven viscera and gore as you slice a clot in two (and three, and four, and five, and jesus christ man it's dead already) will absolutely be worth it. Every single death is unique, and they're all intensely satisfying.

Yeah see talk like this is what makes me want actual gameplay. Someone else's word is subjective and gaming rags are paid ads. I need to see if MEAT lives up to the hype before I buy. I want to believe.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

How brutal will the metal riffing OST be in KF2?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Hey turnways so how filthy rich did KF1 make John G? The PC Gamer debut article claimed lots of the game's arsenal was modelled after his personal collection and a SCAR-H goes for $3k... http://m.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=722658

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

The devs have some wicked sick dance moves.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

closeted republican posted:

It looks like the dev diary released earlier was actually recorded last year, which means all of the references to "next year" are actually referring to 2014. KF2 might be released this year after all.

Or they recorded it last year knowing it wouldn't be released until this year and spoke accordingly. :tinfoil:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:stonkhat:
Early access this game or I early access your brains.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

quote:

Does anyone recognize it or is it original?

the fine print at the end posted:

"Collapsing" from the album "The World is a Thorn" by Demon Hunter.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Cerepol posted:

Goddamn I need a date so I can book the rest of that month off. So excite I can't even.

Can you literally not go so far as to even?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Mans posted:

maps that ignored balanced maps in an attempt to create maps that looked realistic (i.e. the opposite of RO1).

Is it weird I'm okay with this? Then again I enjoyed Op Flashpoint so brutal realism kicking your rear end unfairly is just something I've been shellshocked into accepting. Rising Storm was much better though.

And sometimes it works for you. Sometimes you get the laser-guided airstrike. In RO2 I sniped from a bridge by the German spawn in Stalingrad and racked up ~30 kills as desperate Russian players tried to rush across the train tracks to cover. :mrgw:

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 10, 2014

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

I'd regularly play Medic on teams that would actually communicate. Never play without 1-2 medics imo.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Chard posted:

Lol if you take damage zerking

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Get new friends.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Cage posted:

If you sit close enough your monitor could be the equivalent of a 200 foot tv screen.

Also:

Eonwe posted:

being a console/PC warrior is totally cool and your choice of console should determine your friends

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Alkydere posted:

Late game Support + AA12 let you become an utter facewrecker on Fleshpounds and the Patriarch if you had balls of steel. Sometimes the Shooter misses his shot and the Support can just wade in and go BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG until the Fleshpound goes away or the Patriarch retreats. There are other, stronger solutions if you have a communicating team, other leveled up perks and half a brain but the AA12 with the upper level Support tiers backing it up really is the great equalizer. Especially since it had enough ammo you don't feel bad about using a shell or two here or there on hordes of little stuff.

I'll admit the Support did lose some of his shine when Demo started to take his role as the Great Exploder from him.

On basically any class except commando and medic I use the Mk23 (best pistol eva:love:) to take out the trash. For support specifically, a double barrel to Havok scrakes/sirens away from me and AA12 for FP duty. Up the grenade count and you're gold. You can't beat a full team of fully levelled demos who know what they're doing for the Pat though. I'M BACK AND I-- *pipebomb apocalypse*

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Yessss someone else knows that song. Make it a goon server mod.

I haven't heard about anyone being upset by the female character's design yet.

it'll really tickle my inner punk if she has a Brit accent and occasionally quotes the Sex Pistols and Clash

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

I loving love that poo poo as well. It's fun as hell watching an HoE Fleshpound disappear in a small could of smoke. Watching the most powerful regular enemy in the game ge utterly wrecked with a few explostives is awesome.

Still doesn't mean it's not unintitive to non-hardcore people, though.

I'm sure this isn't the core of your criticism because you've got a whole lotta :words: going on in your other posts about this, buttttttt in terms of this post you're being pretty ridiculous. If you're a "non-hardcore" :siren:CASUL:siren: and you're still playing on HoE then non-intuitive combos are going to be the least of your problems and you deserve everything that's coming to you, friendo.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Broose posted:

Maybe somewhere in the loading screen tips? Or maybe that was scrake's?

scrakes are headshots, explosives just make them aggro

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Endless amounts of 24/7 Doom 2 Map 01 servers return for KF2. :unsmigghh:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

In addition to wishing for a EA date, I will also settle for PCG revealing the details of the new classes as well. You jerks have got me unreasonably hopeful that there'll be a ninja/general hand to hand combat class.

Any mention of if system reqs will be 64-bit only?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

The money sign is like a Euro but with the curved part of a D tacked onto the right half, it's definitely dosh. :3: And those 200fps animations are straight bullet time, the spent casings were just streaming puffs of smoke as the guns spat 'em out. It'll look even better when someone puts out a workshop mod to do Zack Synder 300/Hotline Miami style oversaturated hyper colors in slow mo.

Broose posted:

Commandos need to get called out for being terrible! God the amount of times they ignored walkers! Unloading into the bellies of bloats before and after their heads are taken off! My blood pressure is through the god damned roof here. Have I always been playing wrong? When you see a horde and you got a berzerker, kill the walkers first, right?
Believe me as a fellow Commando fan I know. It's likely one of the PCG team members. I like to imagine it's this guy:

Look at that incredibly punchable face.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Fat is beautiful.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

420 equip LAR and Mk23 erryday. If you can't pop early wave heads with every shot maybe Sharps isn't for you. The LAR is a fine starter as-is and I only upgrade from the Beretta to Mk23 and sacrifice 3 rounds in the clip because the 23 will bust walker heads every shot, Beretta's 50/50. No reason you shouldn't be able to last til Scrakes with just that if you want to be boring. Then you buy a crossbow.

Male Man posted:

That's not a very good balancing strategy!

Do not listen to this poster, Tripwire, they were just joking! :stonklol: Definitely the best way to balance!

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

clot.jpg

Slybo lock the thread until EA is announced or there's new videos or something :cry:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

$30? Turnways :love: thanks for puttin up with our goony poo poo.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Shame I won't be able to Fist of the Northstar zombies though

turnways, could you maybe spike the drinks with an interrogation drug, then casually suggest brass knuckles? :getin:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Gotta say definitely my favorite part of the UI are the claws on the edge of the screen when a Clot grabs you. How many times I've tried to move in KF1 only to not be able to and the split second to register that has killed me more than once. :tfrxmas:

Junkie Disease posted:

So outside of gore and looks, and a few weps the monsters all look like the same and the mechanics look similar why is this KF2 and not KF HD(Der)? I want to want this but all I saw in the hands on was 1 new boss they couldn't show. I'm drat sick of crawlers and the involadies.

You're giving me 'Nam flashbacks to Metro Last Light and the Metro 2033 re-release, stop it. The AI's reworked from the ground up for a completely different flow and challenge compared to UT bots line dancing towards you. That's everything that was ever going change in KF. The sick weapons and guts for the most part can only get HDer. Berserker or Dragon are relatively different playstyles for a modern shooter if that's what you want.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I don't even care if this is a joke, I'd play this.

If we can't North Star zed heads in the base game, we will in the mod.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Everyone who wanted a Demon Hunter instrumental, rejoice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu4PQje69hg

moot the hopple posted:

Finally unlocked Tactical Reload for commando and support. It shaves off a few frames and definitely feels like it makes a difference when going back to normal reload. My favorite thing about it is that the animations ironically become less mall ninja. Like on the AK, instead of using a new mag to hit the mag release and kick out the old one, you just switch it out faster. It's like you got no time for flashy poo poo, you just want to shoot zombies.

Though on the SCAR you'll sometimes do that goofy "violently tilt your gun to the side in too fast of a motion to actually do a visual chamber check" before reloading.

Gotta throw in a few extra frames to keep the reload from becoming too short somehow.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Questioner86 posted:

High settings, 1080p, solid 60 FPS is the goal for recommended specs and our graphics team are rock stars.

If you want to play on Ultra settings at 120 FPS with some crazy resolution across 4 monitors in landscape mode yeah, you're going to want higher specs.

Look at me reppin' 2009 with a 32 bit OS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

KF2: I see a black door and I want it painted red

KF2: wads out for the sirens

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 17, 2015

• Locked thread