Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How we doing this?
0 PPR, 8 Rounds
0.5 PPR, 8 Rounds
1 PPR, 8 Rounds
0 PPR, 15 Rounds
0.5 PPR, 15 Rounds
1 PPR, 15 Rounds
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm going to go off the reservation for my usual drafting strategy and go with...

3.5 - Julius Thomas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
That's a solid 3 rounder.

Tiptoes is up.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Originally I wanted to take an RB here but now I can't justify doing that. I still like plenty of the ones left but that would mean passing up the best player available. And that would be stupid.

3.6 - Jordy Nelson

89 is up.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
3.7 - Randall Cobb

Jabro is up.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

3.8 - Andrew Luck

Every RB and WR in this range has a huge question mark next to their name so might as well lock up a top 5 scoring QB I won't have to worry about.

Suave Fedora is up.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Oh gently caress you guys. I was hoping this would drag into Monday. I left my sheet at work :romo:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
3.9 Vincent Jackson

VJax is going to benefit from an offense free of Freeman and the Bucs drafted some quality WR2's which should help spread the field a bit.

Poo Team Zypher is on the clock.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Ben Tate
#WreckThisLeague

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
3.11 Keenan Allen

Loved having this guy on my team last year, a good solid WR. Ideally I'd have two runningbacks by now but at least my next pick is right around the corner.

Give us two Lmao!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Weird. My post didn't go through.

3.12 - Victor Cruz

Let me figure out 4.1.

Edit:

4.1 - Pierre Garçon

Matt Zerella fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 17, 2014

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Tough decision to make, but for my 4.2 pick I choose Right Bumper Andre Ellington.

I almost went with Frank Gore but after doing a bit of research the pundits are saying this is Ellington's breakout year, as long as we don't get anymore of this.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

timp posted:

Tough decision to make, but for my 4.2 pick I choose Right Bumper Andre Ellington.

I almost went with Frank Gore but after doing a bit of research the pundits are saying this is Ellington's breakout year, as long as we don't get anymore of this.

I hope this is true since I have to keep him instead of Gordon :(

Still starting my draft with Bernard for a 6th and Ellington for a 12th works for me.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Bah wanted Ellington or Garçon here.

Gonna take someone I like a little early here over some old men. Shane Vereen

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
4.4 Franklin Delano Gore

Until the wheels fall off.

His reliable 10-20 ppg last season kept my rear end competitive enough to win the Wild Goontier. He is durable, the clear goal-line back, and I feel better about gambling that he will be healthy rather than injured/winding down in his career, which everyone has been "predicting" for him for like the last three years.

Jabro, it is now your turn to do something incredibly regretful.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

4.5 Ryan Mathews

Matthews played in 16 games last season for the first time in his career. Will he make it 32? Probably not! But it'll be fun to see him try!

And good starting RBs are getting thin.

89, you're up.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

Weird. My post didn't go through.

3.12 - Victor Cruz

Let me figure out 4.1.

Edit:

4.1 - Pierre Garçon

Garcon at 4? Ballsy after the DJax move this offseason, I'd say.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Garcon at 4? Ballsy after the DJax move this offseason, I'd say.

I've never drafted that whiny punk rear end bitch and I never will. :colbert:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

LmaoTheKid posted:

I've never drafted that whiny punk rear end bitch and I never will. :colbert:

I think he means Garcons targets will drop due to the presence of DJax as opposed to Josh Morgan and Hankerson and the Redskins' other useless receivers from last season.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

coronaball posted:

I think he means Garcons targets will drop due to the presence of DJax as opposed to Josh Morgan and Hankerson and the Redskins' other useless receivers from last season.

Still not worried. Garcon will still get his.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
4.6 - Percy Harvin

I was gonna draft Ryan Matthews. Percy Harvin gonna beast.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I, too, like Ryan Mathews in this round. I opted not to take him because I found Mathews near impossible to trade last season.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

4.7 - CJ Spiller

No one wants to be the guy who takes a chance on Spiller, eh? Guess he's the new persona non grata among RBs now that Ryan Matthews has earned back some trust back. Wasn't even among the first 20 RBs selected.

I got burned by him last year but I think this pick has great potential. Buffalo was second to the Eagles in team rushing and they actually led the league in attempts at 546. That's a LOT of carries to go around, even with multiple backs on the roster. And they used three draft picks on o-linemen. Big power guys too. They want to run it down people's throats and a healthy Spiller ought to be a big part of that. Fred Jackson had a great comeback year but he'll still be 33 this season. He'll slow down eventually. I like the upside here, especially since I'm not spending a goddamn first round pick this time. Only thing I can't account for is his involvement in the passing game. They did an awful job of utilizing him as a passcatcher last year and I can only hope they get more creative.

Azhais is up.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 18, 2014

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
4.8 - Wes Welker

Gonna ride Peyton's outlet receiver for one more year

edit: anime gently caress pillow is up. I was just going to put a visual aid to match his name here, but decided that all of the dakimakura pillows would get me probated at best.

Azhais fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 19, 2014

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Larry Fitzgerald if he is indeed on the board (phone)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

He is. coronaball is up

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I also kinda of like CJ Spiller, but since they added Bryce Brown to the mix as well....eh, I don't know about that. Brown is gonna get carries, he's pretty good.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Brown is an upgrade over Tashard Choice as the #3 RB but I don't think that'll make it a three-headed monster at RB. He still has his own problems as a runner that he needs to improve on first. Also it's not like he's more explosive than a healthy Spiller. I like him better as a dynasty target for 2015.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I had my eye on Spiller as well and would have taken him despite being my 3rd RB, but I also knew the chances were slim to none that he would be there in the 5th.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Brown will be change of pace at best. He's vastly overvalued because for a few games teams didn't expect him to bounce to the outside the way he did. Now they do and he's basically useless.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

you son of a bitch!

Toby Gerhart

This is the first pick I really had to think about, I considered another RB and 3 WRs here too. Gerhart will have heavy volume and it would be near impossible for JAX to be as bad as last season.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
YOU son of a bitch, I was going to go for Gerhart for my RB2 slot.

I'll bet on a rebuilt O-Line giving a decent year to Knowshon Moreno in Miami.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Huh. I didn't expect Andre Johnson and DeSean Jackson to still be here, but I'll gladly take them as my WR1 and WR2. Johnson has been a steady source of points no matter who throws to him, and I think people are nuts to pick Garcon before Jackson in the Redskin's offense. Garcon's volume is a function of there not being anyone else for RG3 to throw to. Put a dynamic playmaker like Jackson in there and I would expect some awesome plays.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Conversely I expect DeSean to go back to his pre Chip Kelly "don't touch outside of best ball league" ways

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Azhais posted:

Conversely I expect DeSean to go back to his pre Chip Kelly "don't touch outside of best ball league" ways

Yep. Garcon was a PPR beast in Indy and I expect that to continue. In fact I think DJAX helps him get open more.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Azhais posted:

I figure in the start of the 5th it's worth the risk. RG3 has a really impressive arm, Gruden loves the passing game, and the vast majority of their improvements have been to the offense this offseason. I'm more worried about Alfred Morris, but nobody taken after him has really impressed me.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If you don't get an elite TE, there's no point. I'll take an elite TE with my 5th pick. I want to take Gronk here but with Moreno as my RB2, I can't have that much risk at 2 starting positions. I'll take Kaepernick's baby blanket.

Vernon Davis, TE

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Hey shitmotrons, keep it helpful by including the round.pick and name of the person following you. You may be intimidated by my sexy team but don't let that get in the way of proper sportsmanship.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Coronaball, you're up and are pick 5.3

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
\/\/
Must have had the old OP cached.

Zypher fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zypher posted:

Beer can you pls put draft order in OP?

That would be the big list of team names in numerical order that comprises most of the OP

edit: Unless that's :thejoke:

• Locked thread