Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How we doing this?
0 PPR, 8 Rounds
0.5 PPR, 8 Rounds
1 PPR, 8 Rounds
0 PPR, 15 Rounds
0.5 PPR, 15 Rounds
1 PPR, 15 Rounds
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I've been missing this love.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVF_H21yg9E

Team Name: So Much Carr to Give
.5 PPR, Iron Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Spoeank is on the clock.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

1.4 - Matt Forte, RB, Bears

Outside of the top three, this year I see a choice between Calvin Johnson and Matt Forte. I think this could well be the year to take Calvin in the first and take RBs later as it seems like the RB pool is fairly deep this year and you could get away with it, but I've come to trust Forte, especially in 0.5 PPR. He's not going to stop being used like hell in Chicago and doesn't really rely on his QB for steady production.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The guys who make head scratching decisions often somehow win the league, I've found. One guy drafted QBs back to back rounds 1 and 2 in a casual league and managed to win by trading one for something crazy and working waivers.

I do think Cam is going too high here, especially with the WR situation in Carolina, but it's certainly possible that he outperforms everyone but Peyton and Rodgers. He is drat good.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Miller wasn't given a bigger role on the Dolphins because he can't block for poo poo. Note that Moreno wasn't slated for much in Denver until it became clear that the team preferred the ability to block to pure run talent.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

2.9 - Reggie Bush

It's a tough call from here because there are a lot of true stud WRs and good RBs still out there, but I'm a subscriber to the 2 RB method even when both of my picks are slight reaches. In .5 PPR and the feeling that Reggie will play more games this season, I can't pass him up because he will be gone by the time I get to pick again.

e: Coronaball, you're up

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 15, 2014

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Beer's got the sheet handled, doesn't want us messing with his functions on accident probably

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well, I was going to take Rodgers here probably, but since I can't now (jerk), I'll settle for 3.4 - Antonio Brown. He's a drat good player in a position to make a whole lot of catches in an improved Steelers offense. Here's to hoping, anyway. This was a real tossup for me between Cobb and Brown, but Brown has no competition for the grabs and is healthier besides.

Azhais, you're up!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

Weird. My post didn't go through.

3.12 - Victor Cruz

Let me figure out 4.1.

Edit:

4.1 - Pierre Garçon

Garcon at 4? Ballsy after the DJax move this offseason, I'd say.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Larry Fitzgerald if he is indeed on the board (phone)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Brown will be change of pace at best. He's vastly overvalued because for a few games teams didn't expect him to bounce to the outside the way he did. Now they do and he's basically useless.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Coronaball, you're up and are pick 5.3

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

5.4 - Rob Gronkowski

I'll take the risk. If he can stay on the field, he'll be the best player on my team and for some reason I think he will.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Suave Fedora posted:

Gronk is like Jimmy Graham except that Jimmy will play meaningfully this season

Azhais is up.

I fear this is the case too, but I think we see him play by week 3.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Suave Fedora posted:

Morning crew represent

I had to dive pretty deep to scratch Antonio Gates off the list.

I sense a run on QBs so let me grab this and skedaddle

6.4 NICK "MOTHERFUCKING" FOLES

Proposal: pls change my team name to "Helu Is It Me You're Looking Foles"

Jabro's turn to jibber jabber.

gently caress you

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

6.9 (the funny number) - Tom Brady

He's the last QB out there I'd want to own and has the ability to put up great numbers. I think he's way too low here.

Coronaball is up.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

7.4 - Julian Edelman

He's still on the board somehow and should rack up points for me.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

And with that, I am officially team NE PASSING OFFENSE

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Vereen? Where'd he land, then?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

Blount, who went to Pitt.

Seems like a fairly limited impact to me then if NE retained Bolden

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Suave Fedora posted:

8.4 Pierre Thomas

gently caress you Zypher. I'd be willing to take a gamble on Trent at that spot. Now allow me to rationalize my pick.

I like PT Cruiser because Sproles is gone and the situation with Chris Ivory isn't a full blown RBBC.

Gogo jabro.

Bitch. Stop taking my poo poo :bang:

8.9 - Darren McFadden

Need a third back and McFadden is still worth something maybe (I hope).

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

9.4 - DeAngelo Williams

He's still got something in the tank and I want to have plenty of RB depth.

Azhais!!!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm meh about my team so far, honestly. Tom Brady is undervalued this year, but every other pick aside from Reggie Bush has been a reach or compromise for me. It was nice getting Dwilly and Mcfadden back to back as my depth, though.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

10.9 - Greg Jennings

He put the team on his back though, and also he should benefit from Teddy Bridgewater's arrival in Minnesota and Patterson's coming out party.

Coronaball, you're up.

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 1, 2014

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

11.4 - Russell Wilson

While I am confident in Tom Brady, it would definitely be a good idea to have a viable starter riding pine in case I'm wrong and I'd rather not leave it to the waiver wire.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

But it is your turn :o

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

What?! I can't believe you've done this...

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

12.9 - Jonathan Stewart

People forget he's still around, and I think he could dip into Dwilly's time a lot, so I'll take them both.

Coronaball, you're up.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

13.4 - San Francisco Defense

The other guys I want will still be around, so the value is actually in taking a top D before they all go.

Azhais, you're up

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 9, 2014

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Your defense is totally stacked in quality depth and recall what a beast Willis was before Bowman. It's not gonna sag too much.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Matthews looks promising, but honestly, I don't expect much this year as an Eagles fan. I honestly think Huff has a better chance of being fantasy relevant this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

So, does anyone want to give some draft analysis based on this? When I'm bored at work tomorrow I'm gonna try to comment on everyone's draft and roughly project who has the best/worst teams fmpov.

• Locked thread