Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How we doing this?
0 PPR, 8 Rounds
0.5 PPR, 8 Rounds
1 PPR, 8 Rounds
0 PPR, 15 Rounds
0.5 PPR, 15 Rounds
1 PPR, 15 Rounds
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
PPR, Iron Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXvMT_mVbqw K-Ci & JoJo - All My Life

All my drafted, waited select you
And I thank god, that I, I finally picked you.

Edit: a team name is important I guess... Gordon's Botanical Service

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

These names are terrible and have nothing to do with the slow jams selected. I blame society.

Maybe some of us don't listen to slow jams. Maybe some of us had to google best slow jams of the 90s & then maybe some of us picked the song their 6th grade girlfriend was obsessed with and then went with a weed joke.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

And maybe some of us knew even less than that and still managed to figure something out. HTFU Spoeank, I expect better from our returning pros.

Oh it's on. I officially change my team name to The Best Manziel I Can Be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwXbsMjgMLM

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

1.2 - Adrian Peterson, RB, Vikings - I waffled between Peterson & McCoy but I think the addition of Teddy Bridgewater and the development of Cordarelle Patterson will open up the offense. The D can't ignore the passing game anymore so ADP will face fewer stacked boxes (or more lightly stacked boxes).

The addition to Sproles in Philly gives me pause, but not enough to draft McCoy after third overall. I'll take Purple Jesus.

coronaball, you're up

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

timp posted:

1.11: Cam Newton

Seems like an obvious choice. I'm making a home team pick, and I'm obviously a fan of the guy (my team name wouldn't even make sense without SuperCam!) but like others have said, barring the top 5-6 RBs there's a pretty wide pool of talent to choose from at that position. Especially when picking at the end of the round, I'd rather secure a top tier QB and go for a reliable RB next round. As for his Probable status, he's already out of his boot and I absolutely don't see it being an issue.

That last sentence is the one I gloomily quote in November :v:

:monocle: holy moly that is a gutsy call

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Wow that was quite the running back run. There are a crapload of wide receivers here that would be great and a ton of RBs that are sort of meh. That having been said, I will take Julio "Ears" Jones, since I feel like Matty Ice will have more time to stay upright and will be getting balls to him more like 2012 than 2013. I feel like this is going to be the start of a run on WRs and I would rather have the second pick in a run than the 5th.

Beer4TheBeerGod, you're up!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

poo poo. I hate all the running backs in the world.

Alshon Jeffery

Coronaball, it's your turn.

Edit because for a split second I wanted Ben Tate

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 16, 2014

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

YOU son of a bitch, I was going to go for Gerhart for my RB2 slot.

I'll bet on a rebuilt O-Line giving a decent year to Knowshon Moreno in Miami.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If you don't get an elite TE, there's no point. I'll take an elite TE with my 5th pick. I want to take Gronk here but with Moreno as my RB2, I can't have that much risk at 2 starting positions. I'll take Kaepernick's baby blanket.

Vernon Davis, TE

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

You're welcome for that TE run, y'all.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm good guys, I'm phone posting right now. My list is at home and I'm at work. I'll be picking later today.

You can blame 89 though because I was gonna take Sankey.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'll see what happens with C J E T S JETS JETS JETS K in Gang Green

6.11 - Chris Johnson, RB, Jets

Lord of the Beers, its your turn.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU.

That's how you know it's a good pick :snoop:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Could do worse for a WR3 than Emmanuel Sanders, DEN (7.2)

coronaball, it's you!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I really wanted Kaepernick because I'm a big gay homer baby, so I guess I'll have to go to plan B.

B for Bears.

Smokin' Jay Cutler, QB, 8.11

Beer4theBeerGod, it's you.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

It was either gonna be two Bears or two Niners in my terrible draft strategy. Continuing in that terrible strategy is taking a shot on

DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Texans (9.2)

Get it, Coronaball!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

To be honest I hated my team until I saw it like that.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Pick.Pick Shonn Greene because I hope Sankey blows out his lower extremities

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Who better to pair an off-injured controversial QB with than...?

11.2 Tony Romo, QB, Dallas

Coronaball is next

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

12.11, 143

Donald "Goddammit Donald" Brown

If/when Ryan Mathews goes down I think Woodhead will stay in his role and Brown will take over the Mathews role.

AKA darts on a dart board.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Jarrett Boykin. I'm on a tablet so no fancy pick stuff or bolding.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

There is no second back to own in San Francisco. If Gore goes down it's going to be an amalgamation abominable mixture of Hunter, Hyde, Lattimore & LMJ.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

PHIL "MOTHERFUCKING" DAWSON

And Beer4theBeerGod just give me whatever defense because I stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

<Team 2> is still here, judging your kickers

• Locked thread