Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How we doing this?
0 PPR, 8 Rounds
0.5 PPR, 8 Rounds
1 PPR, 8 Rounds
0 PPR, 15 Rounds
0.5 PPR, 15 Rounds
1 PPR, 15 Rounds
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
You know a Goon league winner is nothing short of prescient when both his fantasy avatar and team name were in compliance LAST SEASON, I loving give you:

Suave Fedora - Helu, Is It Me You're Looking For?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84RxK4N1wfE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
1.9 Jimmy Graham

I like having a position where I don't have to worry about the guy performing like a fantasy quadriplegic from time to time.

Also can't believe it is only May and im already printing out draft sheets.

I know Graham is fighting his position designation (for da monies) but I honestly don't know if that's necessarily going to make him a TE/WR hybrid or not. If yes, great and I win the universe, but if not that's ok to because there's no other TE I'd rather slow-jam with than GRAHAM THE MAN.

V chubby chaser

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 13:54 on May 15, 2014

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

coronaball posted:

Standard ESPN scoring is 4 point passing TDs, correct?

yup

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
2.4 DeMarco Murray

You goddamn cockmongers stole my RBs. This makes me angry.

The Cowboys :airquote: allegedly :airquote: have vastly improved their front line, but I'm really not sure if that is from a passing or rushing perspective. Either way, hanging my hat on peanut brittle Murray gives me the shakes and makes my feet smell like garlic.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
The thing about Ball that would concern me is that there is no other running back in the league whose ability to block is more critical for his fantasy production than Montee Ball, and I didn't personally watch enough of him last year to be able to tell if that was something he improved upon over the season.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
That's a solid 3 rounder.

Tiptoes is up.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Oh gently caress you guys. I was hoping this would drag into Monday. I left my sheet at work :romo:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
3.9 Vincent Jackson

VJax is going to benefit from an offense free of Freeman and the Bucs drafted some quality WR2's which should help spread the field a bit.

Poo Team Zypher is on the clock.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
4.4 Franklin Delano Gore

Until the wheels fall off.

His reliable 10-20 ppg last season kept my rear end competitive enough to win the Wild Goontier. He is durable, the clear goal-line back, and I feel better about gambling that he will be healthy rather than injured/winding down in his career, which everyone has been "predicting" for him for like the last three years.

Jabro, it is now your turn to do something incredibly regretful.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I had my eye on Spiller as well and would have taken him despite being my 3rd RB, but I also knew the chances were slim to none that he would be there in the 5th.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Hey shitmotrons, keep it helpful by including the round.pick and name of the person following you. You may be intimidated by my sexy team but don't let that get in the way of proper sportsmanship.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

anime gently caress pillow posted:

5.4 - Rob Gronkowski

I'll take the risk. If he can stay on the field, he'll be the best player on my team and for some reason I think he will.

Gronk is like Jimmy Graham except that Jimmy will play meaningfully this season

Azhais is up.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

89 posted:

Yeah, I've never done 1 PPR, just 0.5 PPR. So, my outlook has been to grab the receptions gods on the board. RB is becoming increasingly irrelevant.

I'm totally cool with running out a base of Marshawn Lynch, Brandon Marshall, Randall Cobb, Percy Harvin, and Jordan Cameron. Percy and Cobb are devalued this year because of last year's injuries...but the year before, they were monsters.

Someone is going to get stuck with Lamar Miller as their RB2 and we're all gonna laugh at you.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
5.9 Cordarrelle Patterson

I like having a 1st target WR as my WR2. I also liked Crabtree in this round but Vernon Davis is too much of a target monster.

Zypher is on the clock.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Spoeank posted:

You're welcome for that TE run, y'all.

Well if you wanna get pedantic about it, this slow jam started way back in round 1 with Jimmy Graham :smug:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Azhais posted:

Furthermore: Suave Fedora is up

Morning crew represent

I had to dive pretty deep to scratch Antonio Gates off the list.

I sense a run on QBs so let me grab this and skedaddle

6.4 NICK "MOTHERFUCKING" FOLES

Proposal: pls change my team name to "Helu Is It Me You're Looking Foles"

Jabro's turn to jibber jabber.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 13:20 on May 21, 2014

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
That's exactly how I felt about prettyboy Lmao taking Stafford, trust me.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
:getin:

Yeah I'm not entirely sure why he was ranked where he was. I guess analysts are dinging him with DJax's departure, but Foles spread the TD ball pretty evenly last year: DJax 9,Cooper 8, Maclin 7.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I'm not hearing you, I've already skedaddled on out of here.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Spoenk has a little over half a day to submit his pick!

:ohdear:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I was deep in thought.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Azhais posted:

I could PM him I guess :effort:

Noooo it would be hilarious if he was autopicked another TE.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

89 posted:

By the way, Emmanuel Sanders is gonna be putting up borderline WR1 numbers. I was gonna snipe him even with holes in my team this round, just so I could have traded somebody after I went too late on my RB2.

But if you're the only one who has that valuation of him, what's the point :v:

PS - I am legit terrified of your team. The only thing stopping you are Lynch's wheels falling off (unlikely) and the 4 & 9 bye weeks totally loving you in the anus. Everyone on your roster is a proven commodity except Sanka.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 13:36 on May 23, 2014

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Yeah the only back I would even sniff there is Vereen in round 3 .5 ppr, round 2 1ppr.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Zypher posted:

ps Suave are you picking soon? I'm boarding a plane in the next ~15 min or so

edit: Just PM'd my two choices to Beer so I don't slow things down.

Sorry bro, I was working out my pecs and didn't realize it was my turn.

coronaball posted:

Perhaps we should waive the time limit until Memorial Day is over? I know I'll have limited internet access from this afternoon until Monday night. Just a thought.

This is a good idea. Anyone can pick over the weekend if it is their turn, but there is no penalty if the next guy goes past 24 hours, and the clock restarts Tuesday 8am?

7.9 Mike Wallace

With Moreno's blocking, Tannehill's upright time should improve.

You are all welcome to kiss ma butt

Zypher is up.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
He can/should but he doesn't have to.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
8.4 Pierre Thomas

gently caress you Zypher. I'd be willing to take a gamble on Trent at that spot. Now allow me to rationalize my pick.

I like PT Cruiser because Sproles is gone and the situation with Chris Ivory isn't a full blown RBBC.

Gogo jabro.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Yea both those guys

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
At least until he's hurt you know he has the ability to knock off some huge runs. Same can't be said for most RBs at the RB3/4 level.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I like Deandre, especially if this AJ80 Thing becomes More of A Thing.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What about the Google doc annoyed you, aside from the fact that I didn't update it fast enough?

Some of the teams' players on the top row didn't display right on my ipad. That's all I got.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
9.9 Chris Ivory

Pretty confident he will be the goal line back in NYJ.

Zypher, your turn.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I don't like slow jamming with Zypher. He is not a very good slow jam partner. He never leads me and I end up doing all the work.

10.4 Cecil Shorts

Kid's got talent, there's no doubting that. And prior to Blackmon he had some pretty fantastic half-seasons with the Hennewagon at the helm. His last season was marred by injury and inconsistent QBing what with the Blaine "Crumplezone" Gabbert situation. This year I expect Henne to lean on his star and the one true wideout option in JAX this season. There is a great possibility that half the poo poo I just wrote was completely off the cuff and based on nothing more than a fart and a vague memory. God bless.

J-j-j-j JABRO!

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
And we have our first party foul of the slow jam draft. Offender should be penalized by picking their next player from the Jets.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
11.9 Andre Brown

Foster. Australian for injury.

Team Zypher on deck.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Bowe provided a few weeks of BYE-week value for me last season. His athleticism can't be argued, but his offensive system surely can. Whoever said James Jones was the last WR1 on the board ate a fart on this one.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Zypher this isn't a reverse fantasy league.

V I meant as it it's not a reverse-points league. I guess I should have used "bizarro" instead.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jun 6, 2014

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

12.1 - Isaiah Crowell

Who the hell is this? He sounds like a downtrodden protagonist from a 1900's novel.

anime gently caress pillow posted:

But it is your turn :o

gently caress I hate you Zypher you suck

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
12.4 Christine Michael

I'm eating the hype. And it tastes like victory. Not like Skittles.

Jabro is up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

89 posted:

12.6 - Carlos Hyde

I'm at Wakarusa and can't really look at my stuff. Christine Michael was gonna be my pick since I have Lynch, but he got pouched. This pick would
be in the hopes the rails finally come off the Gore train.

Well we have each other's handcuff sooooo...

Just kidding I would rather keep Christine.

• Locked thread