Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How we doing this?
0 PPR, 8 Rounds
0.5 PPR, 8 Rounds
1 PPR, 8 Rounds
0 PPR, 15 Rounds
0.5 PPR, 15 Rounds
1 PPR, 15 Rounds
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Yeah... you know what time it is. Slow Draft time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooH80diDEXk

We'll do a snake draft with twelve people. Draft order will be random and chosen once we have the twelve candidates. People have 24 hours to draft, otherwise they'll get the highest ranked player as per FantasyPros.

:lesnick: :lesnick: CLICK HERE FOR THE DRAFT SHEET :lesnick: :lesnick:
Easier to read version: https://clickydraft.com/draftapp/board/1245

Rules
Standard ESPN Scoring w/ PPR Option
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/FLX/PK/DST

You have two voting options in the poll above. First, decide PPR scoring (if any). Then, we'll decide if we go for half a draft (8 rounds) or IRON MAN it through all 16.

:siren: :siren: IF YOU WANNA SLOW DRAFT YOU GOTTA SLOW JAM :siren: :siren:

1. Beer4TheBeerGod - Fantasy Funkball
2. Spoeank - The Best Manziel I Can Be
3. coronaball - Back at Jadeveon
4. anime gently caress pillow - So Much Carr to Give
5. Azhais - The Strangers
6. Tiptoes - Mr. Roto's Wild Ride
7. 89 - Easy Like Cameron Jordan
8. jabro - RAIN IS A METAPHOR FOR ALL THE POINTS MY TEAM WILL DROP ON YOU!!!!!!!
9. Suave Fedora - Helu, Is It Me You're Looking For?
10. Zypher - The Mock Turtle
11. timp - Cam Newt Feel The Love Tonight
12. LmaoTheKid - Nice and Slow

Here's my team:

Fantasy Funkball!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=555Qkry4t0o

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jun 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
What's your team name?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
These names are terrible and have nothing to do with the slow jams selected. I blame society.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

Maybe some of us don't listen to slow jams. Maybe some of us had to google best slow jams of the 90s & then maybe some of us picked the song their 6th grade girlfriend was obsessed with and then went with a weed joke.

And maybe some of us knew even less than that and still managed to figure something out. HTFU Spoeank, I expect better from our returning pros.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zypher posted:

Maybe the guy who chose the poo poo post thread tag shouldn't be acting all high and mighty!

It's an accurate representation of the product of this draft.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
We need one more. Only 7 of you fucks have voted in the incredibly easy to read and see poll.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
:lesnick: :lesnick: LET'S DO THIS! :lesnick: :lesnick:

15 Rounds, 0.5 PPR

Draft Order
Beer4TheBeerGod - Fantasy Funkball
Spoeank - The Best Manziel I Can Be
coronaball - Back at Jadeveon
anime gently caress pillow - So Much Carr to Give
Azhais - The Strangers
Tiptoes - Mr. Roto's Wild Ride
89 - Easy Like Cameron Jordan
jabro - RAIN IS A METAPHOR FOR ALL THE POINTS MY TEAM WILL DROP ON YOU!!!!!!!
Suave Fedora - Helu, Is It Me You're Looking For?
Zypher - The Mock Turtle
timp - Cam Newt Feel The Love Tonight
LmaoTheKid - Nice and Slow

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
1.1 - Jamaal Charles

There's three top tier RBs. LeSean McCoy, Jamaal Charles, and Adrian Peterson. Of those three I think Jamaal Charles has the best chance to repeat. He is incredibly efficient, average more points per possession than anyone else with over 200 touches.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Suave Fedora posted:

The thing about Ball that would concern me is that there is no other running back in the league whose ability to block is more critical for his fantasy production than Montee Ball, and I didn't personally watch enough of him last year to be able to tell if that was something he improved upon over the season.

People are basing Ball's success on the "Peyton Effect" where the guy behind him gets a ton of touches. But it's not a sure thing and I'm not confident enough in Ball's skills to spend a 2nd rounder on him.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Drew Brees
Allright, normally I hate drafting a QB this early. But Brees produced starter quality games 63% of the time (second only to Peyton) and average second best out of all the QBs in PPG. Not exactly terrible numbers.

Alfred Morris
I just hope he learns how to catch.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Huh. I didn't expect Andre Johnson and DeSean Jackson to still be here, but I'll gladly take them as my WR1 and WR2. Johnson has been a steady source of points no matter who throws to him, and I think people are nuts to pick Garcon before Jackson in the Redskin's offense. Garcon's volume is a function of there not being anyone else for RG3 to throw to. Put a dynamic playmaker like Jackson in there and I would expect some awesome plays.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Azhais posted:

Conversely I expect DeSean to go back to his pre Chip Kelly "don't touch outside of best ball league" ways

I figure in the start of the 5th it's worth the risk. RG3 has a really impressive arm, Gruden loves the passing game, and the vast majority of their improvements have been to the offense this offseason. I'm more worried about Alfred Morris, but nobody taken after him has really impressed me.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

We did.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

I'll see what happens with C J E T S JETS JETS JETS K in Gang Green

6.11 - Chris Johnson, RB, Jets

Lord of the Beers, its your turn.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU.

6.12 - Josh Gordon
This is a total lottery ticket, but his upside makes it worth looking at here.

7.1 - Danny Woodhead
Woodhead averaged starter performances 44% of the time, which isn't terrible for a flex position. Since SOMEONE took the RB I particularly wanted I might as well try and shore up this skill position as best I can.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 04:25 on May 23, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Get in your next pick you heartless bastard.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The nice thing about these super early mock drafts is that they do a great job of cleaning out the cobwebs.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
7.10 - Terrance Williams

Not the worst pick in the world for a 7th rounder.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

timp posted:

Update the sheet fool, I need to double check triple check study the gently caress out of every single resource available to me

Done.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I think holding off until after Memorial day is fine. No rush.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Here we go:

Riley Cooper
Greg Olsen

Cooper was ridiculously efficient with the looks he got, and as the new bona fide WR1 in Philadelphia it seems like a no brainer to pick him up. As for Olsen, there isn't exactly anyone else in Carolina for him to throw to.

Go ahead and draft another bear Spoeank.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

Maclin is WR1 in Philly. Cooper is still a great pick.

Maclin is a year removed from an ACL repair. He may be physically healed, but my understanding is that the mental healing takes a year after that.

DeAndre is a good pick, although I think AJ80 is staying here he is. Had I not wanted to snag Olsen I would have picked him up instead.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Azhais posted:

I don't normally put any stock in non-rb rookies, but let's go with

9.5 - Sammy Watkins

tiptoes is up

edit: and since looking at the google doc annoyed me, I slapped this whole draft in an online draft board: https://clickydraft.com/draftapp/board/1245

What about the Google doc annoyed you, aside from the fact that I didn't update it fast enough?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Azhais posted:

I like the look of draft boards instead (the team page loads really slow for me and involves a lot of scrolling to see who took what). Mostly I found it hard to find who was still available

Fair enough. I'll keep updating this one, but if we do this again I'll use that one next time.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I appreciate the feedback guys. Trust me, I have no problem with people telling me what works.

Should I stop updating the google doc then? I don't really care either way.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
In retrospect I could have drafted something other than Drew Brees in the 2nd had I known that Philip Rivers was available this far down. Tons of value in that pick. Also going for Anquan Boldin because I like his reliability.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Suave Fedora posted:

And we have our first party foul of the slow jam draft. Offender should be penalized by picking their next player from the Jets.

Vick could put up points. Before his knees explode.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
12.12, 144 - Reuben Randle
gently caress it. He's a WR2 who got a bunch of touchdowns last year. Who knows what could happen.

13.1, 145 - Roy Helu
Gruden loves the passing game, and Morris isn't exactly a great catcher. Dart, meet board.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If Dalton can pull it off, great. But I'm wondering how much of his success is his own talent and how much is from his former OC.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Rams (They're facing Minnesota and Tampa Bay so who knows what the gently caress)

Da'Rick Rogers (gently caress Kickers)

Spoeank selects Baltimore Ravens because why not.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So who are we waiting on? I'm phone posting so I can't really tell.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Suave Fedora posted:

I would like to trade Carson Palmer to Zypher for Tannehill and a post that praises me in a non-sarcastic manner.

The best possible trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Holy poo poo is QB deep this year.

• Locked thread