Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Cervixalot posted:

So I just realized we don't have fractional points on, argh. Is it too late to revisit that?

Also, if there's a way for me to manually break ties, we should do some sort of beer related challenge to hash it out. Any thoughts?

Don't change the fractional points this week, at least wait for next week since some games are still in play. That way we can get feedback.

For breaking ties, we find out where they are and what beers are available in their distro that overlaps. Bartolimu picks a beer. Straight up chugging contest. Its nice because it harkens back to our draft order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

broom
Aug 29, 2005

Cervixalot posted:

Also, if there's a way for me to manually break ties, we should do some sort of beer related challenge to hash it out. Any thoughts?

Butt chug?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I never specified. Time is all that matters.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Who is Team Ross because god drat this game is insane as far as our matchup goes.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
ROETHLISLAGER!!!

umop apisdn
May 22, 2003
upside down
Looks like we got two ties this week, that's crazy. Also crazy that one (me vs. Hyde Your Walez) were both high points scorers.

I think we should visit maybe switching to fractional scoring next week? I would even be fine with making it retroactive to this week, even though that probably might mean a loss for me...

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

umop apisdn posted:

Looks like we got two ties this week, that's crazy. Also crazy that one (me vs. Hyde Your Walez) were both high points scorers.

I think we should visit maybe switching to fractional scoring next week? I would even be fine with making it retroactive to this week, even though that probably might mean a loss for me...

And the other tie was nearly the low point scorers, luckily someone named their team after the Factory of Sadness that is Cleveland, so of course they scored the fewest points.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Yea I'm a full go for fractional scoring, although it should not be implemented retroactively imo.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
I was literally praying that j bell broke his leg at the 4 minute mark. I can't believe we tied so freaking late.

I LOVE the chug contest. Bortales/Ret, let's do it.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

I'm down for fractional scoring.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Zam posted:

I'm down for fractional scoring.

You're still chugging Black Tuesday for your tie this past weekend.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

dphi posted:

You're still chugging Black Tuesday for your tie this past weekend.

Finally, something to do with all my BT!

Trouzorz
Feb 24, 2009

swickles posted:

Who is Team Ross because god drat this game is insane as far as our matchup goes.

Thats me. Fitz drat near made me cry there.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

So, I'll go ahead and switch to fractional for this week if there are no objections. Feel free to do some sort of chugging challenge to fight it out for the tied games!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Cervixalot posted:

So, I'll go ahead and switch to fractional for this week if there are no objections. Feel free to do some sort of chugging challenge to fight it out for the tied games!

So, I can change to fractional now, and here's what will happen:

NOTE: If settings are changed after the season has begun, the system will automatically change all previous game results to match the changed settings.

Any issues with that? That will break our ties from last week...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

If it turns my half point loss into a W I am all for it.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Sounds fine to me.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Go for it, this ain't fuckin' futbol.

broom
Aug 29, 2005

Cervixalot posted:

NOTE: If settings are changed after the season has begun, the system will automatically change all previous game results to match the changed settings.

Is it possible to retroactively change my line-up for week 1? I made several terrible decisions.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Let's go for it and break these ties.

umop apisdn
May 22, 2003
upside down
If everybody else is behind it, go ahead and make the switch.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Who was it that said they wanted Toby Gerhart during the draft? I'll send him your way for your kicker and a tall boy of Hamm's.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Hah, that was me. Probably should have known a RB playing for the dumpster fire Jags would not have a good fantasy season. Pretty hard to "establish the run" when you're down 21 before the end of the 1st quarter.

I feel sorry for whoever I was playing that started RG3. Meanwhile, Cutler was on their bench and went off last night.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Retemnav posted:

Hah, that was me. Probably should have known a RB playing for the dumpster fire Jags would not have a good fantasy season. Pretty hard to "establish the run" when you're down 21 before the end of the 1st quarter.

I feel sorry for whoever I was playing that started RG3. Meanwhile, Cutler was on their bench and went off last night.

That would be me. Despite being a Bears homer, I expected Cutty to get blown the gently caress out without Marshall and Jeffrey. Lo and behold, I pick up dumpster fire RG3 and start him instead and he dies on the field.

Thanks for that Trojan Horse, whoever dropped RG3!

Nice match this week man.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

That would be me. Despite being a Bears homer, I expected Cutty to get blown the gently caress out without Marshall and Jeffrey. Lo and behold, I pick up dumpster fire RG3 and start him instead and he dies on the field.

To be fair, you were dead right until they hit the button on Cutler's chest that turned him into Super Jay.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

So I just need Foles to outscore McCoy by 10 tonight...here's to the Foles2Maclin/Sproles/Cooper connection.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

Mikey Purp posted:

So I just need Foles to outscore McCoy by 10 tonight...here's to the Foles2Maclin/Sproles/Cooper connection.

I honestly didn't/don't expect to win this week. Until Charles got hurt, and Jordy Nelson went off I didn't stand a chance.

Fantasy Football can be a bullshit toss-up sometimes. Great game this week so far.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Never going to sit BMarsh again regardless of his status. gently caress game-time decisions on late Sunday games though. Ugh.

Nice trade offer by the Asiata owner but it looks like AP might be back soon after all, gonna stay away from that situation for now.

Cervixalot posted:

RG3 was a great trojan horse last year too. I dropped him midway through the season and he was immediately picked up by the guy I was playing against and promptly scored next to nothing.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
I love Julio Jones.

umop apisdn
May 22, 2003
upside down
I must be really stupid, but it seems like the waiver rules for this league are screwy. I tried to put in a waiver claim on wednesday for Matt Bryant so I could play him this week, but it looks like he was on hold till waivers process NEXT wednesday. In other leagues I've been in, if someone drops a player, you can usually pick them up to play them in the next weeks games.

I saw how this went down, and put in a claim on the Seahawks D/ST, thinking I would ride the Patriots for this week and then the Seahawks the rest of the season, but I guess I didn't look closely enough and the claim went through this morning. Oh well, here's to hoping Peyton shits the bed in Seattle today.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Retemnav posted:

I love Julio Jones.

Should have kept my mouth shut. drat, I was feeling pretty confident after Julio went off on Thursday, but team SHOTGUN! went the gently caress off yesterday. I don't see Forte scoring 30 pts versus the Jets D tonight :(

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I am confused how the wavier wire works. It said my claim would be processed on the 27th at 7 PM. Why?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Not sure what's up with the Waiver Wire but will check it out when i'm back at my computer. Sorry that theres been a few rule quirks we didn't intend on- totally my bad.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Doh, I posted that in the wrong thread. My bad!

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Retemnav posted:

Should have kept my mouth shut. drat, I was feeling pretty confident after Julio went off on Thursday, but team SHOTGUN! went the gently caress off yesterday. I don't see Forte scoring 30 pts versus the Jets D tonight :(

Cheers man! I'm not counting my chickens yet, but regardless of the outcome it always feels good when your team comes together.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Mikey Purp posted:

Cheers man! I'm not counting my chickens yet, but regardless of the outcome it always feels good when your team comes together.

I... I don't know how that feels.

On the positive side, I went 0-3 last year and came back to lose the championship game so here's hoping.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

umop apisdn posted:

I must be really stupid, but it seems like the waiver rules for this league are screwy. I tried to put in a waiver claim on wednesday for Matt Bryant so I could play him this week, but it looks like he was on hold till waivers process NEXT wednesday. In other leagues I've been in, if someone drops a player, you can usually pick them up to play them in the next weeks games.

I saw how this went down, and put in a claim on the Seahawks D/ST, thinking I would ride the Patriots for this week and then the Seahawks the rest of the season, but I guess I didn't look closely enough and the claim went through this morning. Oh well, here's to hoping Peyton shits the bed in Seattle today.

So I think what happened is that someone dropped Bryan last Weds, and since it was the day before before the Thursday night game (which ATL played in), it made him technically not clear waivers until the following Wednesday.

I just checked the Waiver settings, which look normal to me:

Lineup Changes
Lock Individually at Scheduled Gametime

Player Acquisition System
Waivers

Season Acquisition Limit
No Limit

Waiver Period
1 Day

Waiver Order
Move to last after claim

Let me know if you notice anything else screwy, and I'll check into it.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Hey, one of my dumb QBs finally scored more than 12 pts!

broom
Aug 29, 2005
ISO: Your 3rd string running back who is a starter on an NFL team
FT: Golden Tate or Greg Jennings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

broom posted:

ISO: Your 3rd string running back who is a starter on an NFL team
FT: Golden Tate or Greg Jennings

Hmm... I have this Toby Gerhart