Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

hollylolly posted:

I'll go in tomorrow morning and fix all my earlier mistakes...I'm going to go ahead and blame them all on my kids. :cheeky:

Edit: got the Flash put in his place!

I'm sorry, who's fault is it again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

A Pale Horse posted:

I don't think Broadchurch needed to be remade, but I'll gladly watch David Tennant grump around for another 10 episodes, even if he's doing it in a stupid American accent this time. I do hope there's some twists or changes from the original story though, otherwise it could get pretty tedious.

Broadchurch worked really well as a standalone story, to the point where I wonder how the hell season 2 is going to even work. I'm excited to see if event TV will catch on, since I feel like its a worthy format of shows, and picking a proven story shows Fox is serious about making it work.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

hollylolly posted:

Yeah, I think what the up fronts listed as "events" would be classified as miniseries, but i think the network is trying to use a word that generates more hype.

Miniseries, as a category, also has a lot of baggage in the US, being tied to stuff like Roots on the plus side and lots of really really mediocre crap on the minus side. They're trying to point out that it's not a miniseries in that mold, but it's a snappier way of saying it than "It's like True Detective or American Horror Story or stuff like that".

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

cool kids inc. posted:

Now that there are way easier ways to pull gifs from Internet videos,

Can you share with the class? I'd love to get some B99 gifs together.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I suppose I should formally come in and claim Brooklyn Nine-Nine, since I'm the only name that doesn't have "claimed by" by it.

I'm also still planning on doing SNL weekly threads (god why do I hate free time).

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Sep 7, 2014

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Rarity posted:

You have failed this forum.

If it makes you feel any better, you can make up for it by making the B99 thread just a gigantic shirtless picture of Terry Crews.

(In case that's not obvious, that's me saying you can make the B99 thread, Rarity. After seeing you jump in head first, it made me realize I should let someone with more enthusiasm/time do it, it'll probably turn out better.)

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Oh no. I don't get to see a show with John Stamos. :geno:

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Rarity posted:

Paledecki and Ackles are going to be the Wincesters until they're 80

And they're going to spend their twilight years in a retirement home with random other residents insisting they go home and bang each other senseless

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

uublog posted:

God loving drat you CBS. Jesus Christ what the gently caress are you doing.

Making sound financial decisions.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

uublog posted:

(I forgot that if I want to criticize awful cbs shows I have to instead criticize the "vast millions" who watch them, though I don't know where they hide, the only people I know who enjoy the ncis'es are my grandparents and a psych teacher I had in high school :iiam:)

You can criticize the *shows* all you want, just when it comes to asking why the network is keeping them around, the answer's pretty self-evident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

BSam posted:

Why? Is it not a very good show?

Quality has nothing to do with it when you're talking about ratings. It was up against Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five-0, and Shark Tank last season, all of which are doing really well right now. Giving it a softer time to air can only help its ratings, and I'm all for networks further experimenting with treating summer as an actual time to air shows instead of a loving wasteland.

• Locked thread