Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Yes sir?

You want me to go on an away mission with Riker, Data and Worf?

What a great chance for career advancement that totally will not result in my death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I'm just standing here pressing buttons on this console to keep the ship running.

Oh the main cast are on the bridge now? Time for my shift to end, time to go run my Dr Crusher holodeck gently caress program.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

TangentEnigma posted:

this is a bad unoriginal thread idea

and the op stole his joke from a book literally called redshirts which is like 240 pages of this thread but written by someone with a modicum of talent and humor

The OP thought of doing the thread as he was watching an episode of Star Trek (TNG, Descent Part 1, Season 6 is you must know) when Riker said "I'll take an away team, Worf, Data: You're with me" and then the next thing you know it's those three and a random woman in a yellow shirt and I thought to myself:

"Why the gently caress would you even agree to go?"

As for your poo poo book which I'm sure you have the 1st edition signed by the author plus every single star trek actor you could harass at all the conventions you attend dressed as an overweight Mr Spock: I've never heard of it.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Of course if I was a redshirt I wouldn't have said all that because extras get like 3 lines max.

I probably would have had to have settled for "Look out!" before drawing my phaser with the slowest reaction speed known to man so you can get the first shot off (which I kinda guess you did in a way).

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Oh look, someone is teleporting onto the bridge, let me wait politely for them to finish materialising and get their bearings before I shoot them arrrrrgh

*only member of bridge crew to get shot as the rest are all main characters who are taken prisoner instead*

• Locked thread