Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
They aren't even calling it 7th edition. It's just Warhammer 40,000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

pussy repellant 40k

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

It's a gritty reboot. You think it's grimdark now? You ain't seen nothin'.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

satanic sex ritual posted:

It's a gritty reboot. You think it's grimdark now? You ain't seen nothin'.

Really hope this is true and they're rebooting it so it's not just early-90s/late-80s gritty, but also Game of Thrones gritty.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Really hope this is true and they're rebooting it so it's not just early-90s/late-80s gritty, but also Game of Thrones gritty.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
picture the guy who spent weeks craning over models with tiny paintbrushes clutched in his hands, breathing heavily as he perfected his masterpiece: a space elf rape diorama

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

The 40k community really loved that thing (its a poignant message about the grim and gruesome reality of war) so I think they're ready to see it in the official canon.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Crewmine posted:

picture the guy who spent weeks craning over models with tiny paintbrushes clutched in his hands, breathing heavily as he perfected his masterpiece: a space elf rape diorama

what could my army of 30 rape trauma elves do against a 30 story chainsaw robot, is the only question i'm interested in

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
We can hope that it is a colossal flop that finally kills the company. We can hope.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The 40k community really loved that thing (its a poignant message about the grim and gruesome reality of war) so I think they're ready to see it in the official canon.

yea war is really awful *hops in my 50,000 foot tall mech w/ pretty castle bits attached*

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
is the tank really small or are the men real big?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cucking Mama posted:

is the tank really small or are the men real big?

it's warhammer so the men are obviously really big and the tank is actualy 5 miles long because it's dark and gritty that way

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

the tanks is just faraway

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape
sever

FADEtoBLACK
Jan 26, 2007
Yes the rules will slightly change so you must buy another 100 bucks worth of stuff from our model place. Also we'll release rules for uber battles so they will be easier to manage and you can buy even more things.

40k and fantasy were fun games but half the people playing them were so broken it was hard to watch them toss their life savings into a completely new marine army because the old one just "didn't look right".

Everyone always went for the stupid superhuman army anyway.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Is there a battle going on, quick, fire all weapons!!! Who cares where they are pointed!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Gross Dude posted:

Is there a battle going on, quick, fire all weapons!!! Who cares where they are pointed!

I'm the guy driving the tank over another tank. get the gently caress up out my way theres an invasion on

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

I'm the guy driving the tank over another tank. get the gently caress up out my way theres an invasion on

dude is also firing his gun into or behind his own guys leg

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

war is hell

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

warhammer 40 gay

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
in the grim darkness of the future there is only dudes standing in big clumps, scowling and firing their guns at something out of frame

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

They're always standing on a small hill

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Phoon posted:

They're always standing on a small hill

Is high ground a thing in Warhammers?

Maybe it will be in the new book.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
who thef uck are we supposed to shoot, everyone is scary and has skulls all over their poo poo!! i just blasted the hell out of some guys called the Grim Fuckmakers. I hope they were the enemy.

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

who thef uck are we supposed to shoot, everyone is scary and has skulls all over their poo poo!! i just blasted the hell out of some guys called the Grim Fuckmakers. I hope they were the enemy.

That's why they're just shooting their guns in all directions.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Is high ground a thing in Warhammers?

Maybe it will be in the new book.

i dont think so but with all these supplemental rules who even knows any more

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

me & the boys shooting at some knee-high boggarts & boojums. RIP that dude behind captain swordsly.

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

me & the boys shooting at some knee-high boggarts & boojums. RIP that dude behind captain swordsly.

dude on the left aint even looking where he's shooting

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

"Captain, why do you have your sword out?"

"This is a space-sword, private. It can cut through space-armor. If the space-Orcs or the space-Elves want to close in and and get space-medieval on us, none of our guns will stop 'em in time."

"Captain, why don't the rest of us have swords, then?"

"Shut the hell up and aim your gun lower."

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i heard there used to be dwarves but they were called squats and now there aren't any squats (dwarves)

can i playy as a dwarves (squat) in the new 40k?

e:
i would ride this in real life and give people the finger and devil horns all at once but id keep my thumb in because i dont love you

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
defensible positions inside the monolithic cathedral hanging out in the background? nah gently caress it let's send sgt brock manly out w/ the pants on head brigade to do sword charges and fire at the ground

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lonesomedwarf posted:

i heard there used to be dwarves but they were called squats and now there aren't any squats (dwarves)

can i playy as a dwarves (squat) in the new 40k?

the secret to warhammer is that you can do whatever you like because memorizing a big dumb rulebook is hella dumb and it's more important that everyone has fun :)

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Wow. Tanks for nothing! ;)

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

the secret to warhammer is that you can do whatever you like because memorizing a big dumb rulebook is hella dumb and it's more important that everyone has fun :)

thanks, i will saunter down to the GW tomorrow and tell the dude i want a squat army

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lonesomedwarf posted:

thanks, i will saunter down to the GW tomorrow and tell the dude i want a squat army

no the most important rule of warhammer is to avoid people who have anything to do with warhammer. it's basically mlp except trying to be really manly instead of really girly but in the end you've still got a shelf full of loving mini figures so it doesn't loving matter which side you pick

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

no the most important rule of warhammer is to avoid people who have anything to do with warhammer. it's basically mlp except trying to be really manly instead of really girly but in the end you've still got a shelf full of loving mini figures so it doesn't loving matter which side you pick

can i just appreciate the aesthetic and maybe paint some white triangles on the front of my boots without being a brony equv.?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
you can try

• Locked thread