Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Yea she's the one they wouldn't give money to if she didn't lose weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

Caroline Wozniacki played tennis in a lovely old arena at Roland Garros yesterday but would rather have been in Belfast, asking Rory McIlroy to his face why he left her this way. Except that the last time he called, less than a day after telling her how much he loved her, it was a three-minute conversation she thought was a joke.

That's harsh.

Mandoira
Jul 27, 2003

There are four kinds of Homicide: felonious, excusable, justifiable, and praiseworthy.

That's so :3: Novak seems like a really decent guy. I remember really disliking him when he was younger and had some poor retirements etc.

:wtf: the womens side is ridiculously wide open. The WTA has been so inconsistent since Henin/Clijsters retired. Feels like anyone can win any tournament.

Mandoira fucked around with this message at 07:09 on May 29, 2014

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Mandoira posted:

:wtf: the womens side is ridiculously wide open. The WTA has been so inconsistent since Henin/Clijsters retired. Feels like anyone can win any tournament.

I feel like this may have been true in the Safina/Jankovic/Wozniacki days, but in the past three years the it's been very consistent at the top. A couple of injuries in the past six months have maybe derailed some of the usual favorites this year (Azarenka is out and Sharapova is seeded lower) but Sharapova is surely the clear favorite now. Best-of-three allows for more upsets on the women's side but the top ten has generally been stable.

Capt. Supermarket
Sep 30, 2007
Really disappointed Radwanska lost. She seemed way off her game today. I'm rooting for Halep to take the whole thing but was hoping that Aga would have made it deeper at the very least.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Capt. Supermarket posted:

Really disappointed Radwanska lost. She seemed way off her game today. I'm rooting for Halep to take the whole thing but was hoping that Aga would have made it deeper at the very least.
I'm happy for Ajla. I really like her offensive game.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

The women's side of the draw is a complete bloodbath. Go Sloan?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Capt Murphy posted:

The women's side of the draw is a complete bloodbath. Go Sloan?
Lol, Sloane will probably lose to Mladenovic.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
I have my money on Ivanovic or Halep to win it all. They would meet in the QF if Ana gets past Kvitova in the 4th rounf, which I think she does.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

God Federer is so poo poo at converting break points.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

fancyclown posted:

I have my money on Ivanovic or Halep to win it all. They would meet in the QF if Ana gets past Kvitova in the 4th rounf, which I think she does.

I've gone for Kerber and Kvitova, who are still both 50/1 for some reason. Stosur looked pretty beast earlier on though so might have a punt on her too.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Good :canada: double-header on right now, Milos vs Simon on centre court (tied at a set apiece) and Eugenie vs Johanna Larsson on Court 2.
Eugenie battled from being down a break late in the first set to take it 7-5, but she's down a break again early in the 2nd.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Wawrinka is going to play at Queens. Wish I'd bought a loving ticket or had money to buy one.

It's going to be Sharapova or Ivanovic on the ladies side.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Love the complete lack of sympathy the French crowd exhibits when someone (Hantuchova) has a childish meltdown.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tortuga posted:

Love the complete lack of sympathy the French crowd exhibits when someone (Hantuchova) has a childish meltdown.
Well she is 31 so there's no excuse.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

ugh, Milos serving for the match at 5-4 in the fifth set and of course he gets broken. Nail-biting time...

e: 60 winners to 72 UEs so far :psyduck: Simon is at 26 to 23

e2: managed to break back the next game and then hold for 7-5. Not the most confidence-inspiring performance but I'll take it :sweatdrop: Would be great to see him make the quarters.

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 30, 2014

Schlub Husband
Jan 13, 2008

*hic*
Lipstick Apathy
Ivanovic down a set and a break :ohdear:

e: dang

Schlub Husband fucked around with this message at 13:05 on May 31, 2014

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Apparently Ana has lost 4 straight matches against Safarova and it seems she will lose today as well. :drat:

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Yeah this was always going to be a potential landmine for Ivanovic, but still a shame cause she's been in good form. I hope Kvitova comes out a winner at least, and hopefully the injury doesn't hinder her in her next match (if she does indeed win this one).

edit: Classic Kvitova this. Twice broken serving for the match. :(

Sway Grunt fucked around with this message at 13:18 on May 31, 2014

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
This Kvitova - Kuznetsova match is insane.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Monfils vs Fognini on Suzanne Lenglen. Yes, please :getin:

EDIT

Blair Henley @BlairHenley posted:

Fabio calls reporter crazy for asking about his yelling at Monfils' box on court. Fognini denies it. Calls it stupid question. #RG14

EDIT2 Nice to see Petkovic into second week! She is one classy lady

fancyclown fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 31, 2014

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

That was a crazy capitulation from Murray in the forth. He was cruising and chucks in a couple of double faults and errors to hand the games over.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Incredible start by Genie vs Kerber!

EDIT 6-1 in 22 min :aaa:

^^ that's some interesting Ana stats.

fancyclown fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jun 1, 2014

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Jeez Bouchard is crushing Kerber. Also, Berdych is looking kinda scary. If Federer manages to make it through Gulbis, I'm pretty sure Berdych just cruises through him.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

ChaosReaper posted:

Jeez Bouchard is crushing Kerber. Also, Berdych is looking kinda scary. If Federer manages to make it through Gulbis, I'm pretty sure Berdych just cruises through him.
Berdych is 0-4 against Fed on clay.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

I looked it up to make sure. They've only played three times on clay. Two of those were in 2006 so they don't mean much and the other was on the blue clay which played more like a hard court. All of their matches lately have been close so it probably won't be a cakewalk for Federer.

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Don't give me any shit about plumbers, Jan.
wow, that lazy smash from Federer on set point has really let Gulbis back in.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
That racket is dead.

EDIT and Fed holds. I like this match so far :buddy:

EDIT2 I wonder if I've ever seen Gulbis play this well and calm before?

fancyclown fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jun 1, 2014

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

It's weird how little faith I have in Federer nowadays to turn things around when it's not going his way. I always expect him to lose the big points and I feel like more often than not he does (might just be confirmation bias). It's not like this match is lost by any means, of course, but still.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Federer is not looking good today. Chucked away so many decent positions.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Federer is 6-0 in 5-setters at the RG. :chord:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

fancyclown posted:

Federer is 6-0 in 5-setters at the RG. :chord:
About to be 6-1. :getin:

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

About to be 6-1. :getin:

Yeah, this is good stuff from Gulbis. Noone in the entire stadium is cheering on him though. Super quiet right now.

Zarfol
Aug 13, 2009
Great playing from Gulbis so far. Love his surfboard style forehand that he does. A shame about Kohlchreiber, I think he would have pulled through against Murray if they were able to continue last night.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

They need to bottle whatever the physio gave Gulbis. Ever since he left the court after going down the second break in the fourth, he's been playing out of his mind.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Ernests, so humble. I like it.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I'm happy for Ernie. This is his best performance in a slam in 6 years or something like that. He's putting in more effort and it shows.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Gulbis 2.0 has Djoker's backhand and Delpo's forehand. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Tsonga is having an absolute shocker out there.

• Locked thread