Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Doublestep posted:

All open beta players get the full Highwayman costume at release, which was originally just handed out over a period of 4 weeks to CBT players.

CBT players get the Back to the Future hoverboard if they got a character to level 10.

Plus boomboxes for logging in daily.

Hopefully that applies to CBT1 & CBT2 players for the Hoverboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006

Kewpuh posted:

Okay let's try this again. Hopefully everyone got their bickering out of the way or whatever. Stop making dumb reports because someone said they liked PVP or some poo poo who cares get the gently caress over it. Gay Rumsfeld don't post in this thread. Everyone else, good luck with your online adventures.

am i the only one around here that thinks you're a whiny bitch?

oh welp nope guess not

let's see what happens first, me running out of money or you becoming a bigger laughing stock in the mod forum than you are in the games forum (oh wait you already are heh)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Lemon King posted:

Hopefully that applies to CBT1 & CBT2 players for the Hoverboard.

If you got the hoverboard at any point I'm pretty sure you have it for launch.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Gay Rumsfeld posted:

am i the only one around here that thinks you're a whiny bitch?

oh welp nope guess not

let's see what happens first, me running out of money or you becoming a bigger laughing stock in the mod forum than you are in the games forum (oh wait you already are heh)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

I have truly been owned on this day

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
Rumsfeld, this is why we can't have nice things.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I can't believe how great wildstar is.

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.

Normal Adult Human posted:

What's wildstar?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Normal Adult Human posted:

I know, isn't it the best? I can be a robot or a space zombie or some poo poo it's so cool.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
WildStar is a video game and it's quite fun. Anyone else have fun with WildStar?

Lumis
Jan 10, 2006

I'm either a friend or a foe. Depends on who's looking.
I'm playing Wildstar right now.

It's pretty nice. I'm having fun.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I think this Wildstar game is off to a wild start. Little word play for you there. Just bringing some levity to the table. Cheers.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Lumis posted:

I'm playing Wildstar right now.

It's pretty nice. I'm having fun.

I am playing too. It's a lot of fun!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Commissar Budgie posted:

What's wildstar?
dunno I wanted to find out but all i see are :downswords:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I would like to play, but I am at work. Which is why I read this thread to see how much everyone is enjoying the game!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Kelp Plankton posted:

I think this Wildstar game is off to a wild start. Little word play for you there. Just bringing some levity to the table. Cheers.

idgi

edit: oh because you can make tarts in game. I get it

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Tha Chodesweller posted:

I am playing too. It's a lot of fun!

Do we have access to our open beta dudes?

Uncle Phil
Nov 1, 2010
I am at work and boy is this game fun.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Nexus server's been up and down all day. Cougar's been in chat in the Arkship rolling with the punches, laughing at the tutorial, all that stuff

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012
Greenmangaming has a 25% off code for wildstar again. Regular editions are back in stock too.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/rpgs/wildstar-na/
Code: GMG025-MAYBHW-SOSAVE - Valid till the 26th.

Just got an email today about another big savings weekend at gmg. Get your wildstar pre-order in now folks :P

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Holyshoot posted:

Maybe. The only server that appears to be up is Nexus and I had no idea realm select was a thing when I played so I just rolled a new toon.

Eh, good enough excuse to try the other classes. Think I'm rolling warrior, though. Always liked big swords.

Atari teenager
May 29, 2008
Doublestep could you correct the op with the EU guild name please?
I think it's actually Terrible Secrets Of Space - Secrets with an s yeah cause even that one was reserved by a NA goon.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Atari teenager posted:

Doublestep could you correct the op with the EU guild name please?
I think it's actually Terrible Secrets Of Space - Secrets with an s yeah cause even that one was reserved by a NA goon.

Alrighty done.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Can't connect to the servers. I don't want to go a week without playing. :saddowns:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Holyshoot posted:

If they happen to test on your server, sure. They didn't wipe anything yet. Hope you didn't strip naked and delete all your stuff. On the other hand they are really testing so expect it to be spotty, if you can't deal with that just chill out til next week. And watch Twitter because that's where they like to announce poo poo, or announce where they're announcing poo poo.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

poptart_fairy posted:

Can't connect to the servers. I don't want to go a week without playing. :saddowns:

You could always play other games for a week.

No, I'm not furiously refreshing the Wildstar login. Shut up! :v:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I was kind of surprised I couldn't find a server status monitor app with alerts and poo poo already, considering all the other useful poo poo players have made.

koahi
Jan 14, 2013
Oh man, deja vu. I could have sworn I've seen another thread just like this one somewhere.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

CrashCat posted:

I was kind of surprised I couldn't find a server status monitor app with alerts and poo poo already, considering all the other useful poo poo players have made.

http://wsstatus.com/

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Kelp Plankton posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CebVPfiqMEY

You should totally check out the second episode of Wildstar Plotz that A Cock Shaped Fruit posted about a thing I made with the Wildstar housing because it's pretty cool (which I say with every ounce of bias towards thinking I'm great that I can muster).

Dun dun duuuuun.

Made mostly out of housing vendor parts and lowbie architecture goodies, it's a power plant for your housing plot. The next episode I am doing is ROBOT HOOOOUSE by Snax. And man, the footage rules, I am so psyched to make this episode.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Yo I really loving loved this game in closed beta and had a hell of a lot of fun with it, but the performance issues eventually made it too frustrating to play. I know people quoted "they'll optimize it, don't worry!!!" at me a lot, so did that ever happen?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Optimization got way better over the last couple of patches, I've found. In closed beta I ran at like 20-25fps most of the time, now I'm at 60 on higher settings.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Barfing Cumlord posted:

Yo I really loving loved this game in closed beta and had a hell of a lot of fun with it, but the performance issues eventually made it too frustrating to play. I know people quoted "they'll optimize it, don't worry!!!" at me a lot, so did that ever happen?

I updated my Radeon drivers + the last 2 patches and this game runs smoothly on my 2011 laptop.

Woland
Nov 7, 2005
Hey all, not trying to poo poo up the thread, but Ive put myself into a situation where I have a EU digital standard retail key that I cant use because I'm a mega dumbo. If anyone is interested in getting an EU key on the cheap feel free to pm me.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks, y'all! <3

Windchilla
May 30, 2009

Barfing Cumlord posted:

I was pretty much unable to play the game due to performance problems from early CBT through Winter Beta. They've done quite a bit since and while the game doesn't run flawlessly it's very much playable. The only major problems I've had have been during events in cities or random bugged out areas that seem to crash framerate.

None of the dungeons or battlegrounds gave me any major frames issues, so that's a plus as well.

Lionguild
Sep 5, 2013
Anyone else having problems with keybinds not working sometimes? Just wanted to ask around to see if it was just me or not. I have my interact bound to Mouse4 which sometimes just won't interact like it should and other times it works fine. Also have problems holding down my right mouse button to rotate the camera just flat out not working at times.

Only game I have that is giving me issues like this.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Woland posted:

Hey all, not trying to poo poo up the thread, but Ive put myself into a situation where I have a EU digital standard retail key that I cant use because I'm a mega dumbo. If anyone is interested in getting an EU key on the cheap feel free to pm me.
I take it you already bought an NA key too? Cause if not I would ticket support and see if you can beg some help. You're not the only one to buy the wrong key and I think they are trying to not be dicks about it.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Lionguild posted:

Anyone else having problems with keybinds not working sometimes? Just wanted to ask around to see if it was just me or not. I have my interact bound to Mouse4 which sometimes just won't interact like it should and other times it works fine. Also have problems holding down my right mouse button to rotate the camera just flat out not working at times.

Only game I have that is giving me issues like this.

the mouse buttons seem to dislike being used while you're holding rmb, think its a bug.

Woland
Nov 7, 2005

CrashCat posted:

I take it you already bought an NA key too? Cause if not I would ticket support and see if you can beg some help. You're not the only one to buy the wrong key and I think they are trying to not be dicks about it.

Its my fault, but the best they could offer was to switch my account to EU to match the key. So yeah I bought an NA key, and now have a surplus EU key to try and get rid of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am paul newman
Mar 31, 2010
Support will switch region inherited from your first beta code, but only before putting in a retail code.
The region lock is this game's black mark, wonder what they're doing that gives them control over Amazon.com and "mailing you a jpg of a code after a phone call from china" gold sellers alike.

• Locked thread