Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
So, to kinda turn the normal question line on its head, what classes do you guys not like playing as and why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Brackhar, I love your questions - but tell me, are you asking these questions because you need your development fix since you left Riot?

^ Ignore this question, it's mostly asked as a joke. For real though, get a job at Carbine and use your incredible fun-making skills to make the game even fun-er.

Nah, I'm asking because my first class choice tends to be really important in deciding if I stick with a MMO or not. I hate redoing leveling content, so I've only got a few shots to try and get things right.

Thanks for the compliment though! Hopefully I'll be able to talk about the studio I ended up at soon.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

Libertine posted:

I'm going to play a Stalker because the idea of DPSing as an assassin and also being able to tank group PVE content is extremely attractive to me. So far I like their solo play style the best, PVP was good but I've only gotten to like level 10 so I don't even know how it plays with a full skill outlay. I wanted to do more of a scrapping fighter in PVP than a burst assassin but I guess I will see how that idea plays out. I haven't gotten to tank anything and I have no idea how that works on the Stalker but I am curious to see as well. So a lot of mystery left for me but overall I definitely find the class appealing and I do not usually gravitate towards MMO rogue/assassins.

I'd probably play Stalker if the Chua could be one. :smith:

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

poptart_fairy posted:

My FPS has shot right up. :psyduck:

They might have switched over from debug builds to release builds, which would help perf.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

So, any special rules on how character naming works in this? I loved Tabula Rasa's system where you choose a first and last name and all of your characters shared the same last name, so people could message you regardless of which alt you were playing on. Anything similar like that here? And if not with character names, can you message people by account names?

Iron Tusk posted:

The best thing about Wildstar

All glory be to hitbutton.

Also this is the best addon.

Brackhar fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 29, 2014

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

Mercurius posted:

Seems to be using WoW's 'characters are completely separate' system that they had before RealID/BattleTags were introduced (which I guess isn't surprising since the Devs are the guys who developed WoW before all that stuff came about). Each alt on each server is treated as a totally separate character but it looks like you can message/invite people by using Name@Server. I'm really spoiled by Guild Wars 2 where just about everything is account bound and this sort of stuff feels like a step backwards.

Well drat. That means I'll likely need to use stupid names like Brackhar_TechGuy for my engineer and such.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

A Tartan Tory posted:

Chua Esper is going to be the best really, imagine a pint sized little pink gremlin with psychic powers and a complete lack of anything resembling morals.

I dunno man, a Chua Warrior throwing around a sword that's bigger than he is sounds pretty cool to me too.

Man, I wish I could play a Chua Warrior. Stupid Chua and their class limitations. Looks like I'll be starting off as engineer.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I wonder if FranBunnyXII is taken as a guild name.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

Note to self: For the next major online game I make, secretly turn on the servers early by an hour or so so they don't get slammed.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

You know, at this point I should really just expect that the goon server will switch on launch weekend. It happened for Rift and for Warhammer as I recall also. The reasoning for doing so is fine, but it really sucks for my non goon friends. I always end up leaving half of them behind because they are willing to stick out a week of bad queue times.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

So, I think I figured it out. Carbine asked us to get on this server because they want us all in the same place. They all know that we're only playing furries (Chua). Next step is server wide bans. It's like their own version of the Lolocaust that Something Awful pulled back in... 2001?

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

So, this guild notification stuff is pretty annoying. I'd be happy to try to write a plugin that disables it if someone can point me to some starting documentation, or an example of a addon that already captures and modifies incoming text.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

Mercurius posted:

Also if you use the full shotgun single target build (which starts to work really well at level 25 when you can make Bio Shell instant but it works okay from 13 onwards) you can absolutely mow through mobs. You can even sub in Electrocute instead of Bolt Caster to retain some AOE capability although it's harder to keep your volatility in the sweet spot that way.

What is this build? I'm struggling a little bit with engineer right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

Anyone else having trouble on Warbringer? I keep getting a "Could not login character" error after character select that's not letting me go anywhere.

• Locked thread