Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Dropbear posted:

EDIT: Oh hey, someone already asked this on the last page and got some answers that seemed very positive. Guess I'm buying it then. Whoop!
If you have a nvidia card the latest beta drivers give a nice performance boost as well. My 660 now runs WildStar at a comfortable 40-45 fps at 2560x1440

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Engineer's main advantage is that almost all their abilities have fairly large aoe and hit 5+ targets, so while it may feel slow to kill one mob you're doing it wrong if you're only pulling one at a time.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

I had no idea that Granok were that popular, they look retarded. Also the top 5 are Exile races + Chua :getin:
No checkbox, no vote. :colbert:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The baker boy cap sells Settler for me.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

WarLocke posted:

Anyone else had problems getting the Mumble overlay to play nice with WildStar?
I assume Wildstar is DX11, and the mumble overlay doesn't work with DX11 apps, only DX9.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Either way the mumble overlay doesn't work with DX11.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

It's an easy way to grind rep though.

(insert juvenile pun about erecting your spear here)

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Maxmaps posted:

This is why we need an emoticon that is :fap: with an orc instead of a person. That motherfucker. :argh:
:fh:

The modular smilies like :fh: and :hf: and :respek: are the best parts of our smilie pack.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

If people wear their socks, how can they poop in them?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I'm switching between not having a valid game account for EU and not being able to connect.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I'm getting in on the EU login servers now, but I'm getting flagged as Guest and stuck in queue to Hazak.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

I'm having this issue. I put in a ticket and they sent a reply saying I'd have to wait up to 3 hours after using my serial to create an account... 4 hours after I did that. Tons of people on the forums are having the same issue so I don't know if you'll just have to wait an indefinite amount of time for account creation to catch up or if there's actually some sort of bug.
It's some sort of bug. I had the issue earlier and it cleared up after an hour or so.

Now I'm in queue to Hazak. Position in queue: 945, estimated wait time: 7 hours 12 minutes. :smith:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

quote:

[Realm]: From Virtue: Hi all, a hotfix has been applied to our RegionalServer and AuthServer which should alleviate many of the login and account related issues. A client restart is required for this change to take effect.

So yeah, they just patched stuff, and if you're still having trouble getting in restart your client.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Martout posted:

EU Goons, hear me now!

I've made a poll on wildstargoons about switching server.
http://www.wildstargoons.com/index.php?threads/so-about-our-server-choice-poll.170/

Cast your votes, call me an idiot, do whatever.

If the queues are still a hassle tomorrow morning I'll roll my litter of Chuas on Zhul regardless of how the poll goes.
You're an idiot.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I think TrackMaster broke... :v:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Pusher was taken so I named my mechari Shover.. Then saw someone else in the guild has ShoverRobot. :v:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

sinewave posted:

That and the utter lack of group dungeons or group content of any kind until cap.
:confused: You get the first shiphand mission at 13 and the first adventure at 15. The shiphand can be soloed but the rewards scale up the more you are so it's better to do it in a group. The adventure (Riot in the Void) is a 5 man instance.

Also you get bonuses for questing in a group so I can't fathom why you'd want to play the game solo in the first place.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I did one battleground as warrior and ended up with 0 kills, 12 deaths and top damage done, but we won. Take that as you will.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I just play other games while queueing.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

One thing I do like about this game from a PvP perspective is that there's no really long ranged class, even the longest ranged medic/spellslinger abilities put you pretty close to the action and well within a warrior's Grapple range so you can easily get yanked into the flurry of death.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

FunkyFlashman posted:

I also keep getting a red text warning me that as a guest i only have limited rights. My first guess was that they actually treat me as a guest even tho i put 50€ on the table prerelease. I would like for this to be fixed, would also explain the queues of 2000 people.
Everyone gets that message even if you're not a guest. Nobody should be a guest user at this time since only pre-orders have access to the game until tomorrow.

There used to be an issue with people getting treated as guests but it's allegedly been fixed. You notice it pretty quickly if your queue number keeps rising instead of going down.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Windchilla posted:

In the first tier of BGs I always had the most damage taken and the most mask caps, but low range damage dealt and kills. Soon as you unlock Tremor and start picking up T4 abilities your burst skyrockets and your mobility only gets better. Warriors are a top tier PvP class end game currently and bring a lot of tools to both Arena and BG.
This was at level 14 iirc and I didn't bother to change my spec or abilities before joining the BG so I just went around leaping and whirlwinding into the clump of enemies. :black101:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

VanillaGorilla posted:

I'm not seeing how this addresses the point that adventures aren't soloable and, in fact, require a coordinated team now. Or are you just going to ignore that?

Also complaining about how playing solo in a MMO is boring is a whole class of :psyduck: in its own. If playing solo is boring, then don't play solo. The EU guild had ~50 people on last night, and people were saying the US guild had over 200 people online so unless he's one of the special snowflakes who feel they absolutely have to play a big-titted furry on an RP server there's no lack of people to group up with.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Sab669 posted:

if I move my mouse anywhere in that red box, I get the different cursor and then I can't click.
In addition to what everyone else said, if you install MovableFrames you can display all hidden frames and move them around.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Hipster Occultist posted:

So I haven't tanked in a mmo before this one yet, and what with all the crazy poo poo flying around its kinda hard to tell who is and isn;t currently aggro'ed on me sometimes. Is there a mod that can help me out by making this more readily apparent?
The default UI has a ToT indicator but it's really small and only shows the portrait of the target. PotatoUI can probably help you out.

I wish it had a floating combat text of "Aggro" or "Lost Aggro" like wow-SCT has.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Psykmoe posted:

I just read a thread by a guy who was suggesting that tradeskills should only unlock at level 50 when you can scour zones for materials without aggroing mobs, or are rich enough to buy all you need. He seemed to have put a lot of thought into this.
Because he's a shitler who thinks that his way of playing the game should be the only way of playing the game.

Remember his name cause he'll probably pop up in other threads with equally dumb suggestions.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

BuhamutZeo posted:

Any clue what this thing is talking about in the crash logs? As I play on my CTDs get worse and worse and worse, from once an hour to once every 5-10 minutes and it's really pissing off anyone I group or PVP with. :(
The only ones who could tell you what this means is the Wildstar devs, because it relates to the inner workings of the executable. File a bug report.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Is there any way to force the game to save your settings? I'm getting sick of having to rebind my keys every time I log in.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The reason I always had Thunder Bluff as my home city in WoW was that you had a bank, mailbox, auction house and crafting stations all within spitting distance of eachother. Having to go on a 5 minute trek back to the bank because you forgot one piece of material sucks.

I know you can put a crafting station on your housing plot, but is it possible to get a bank terminal for it?

No I don't particularly plan my crafting, why do you ask?

FunkyFlashman posted:

I really hate the low level quests in this game so far on the dominion side. The burning trees in beta was funny but i took the wrong starting zone it seems :suicide: (levian) The only redeeming factor is that in this game i am actually learning combat again so low level gameplay actually has a training purpose.
Levian Bay is better than Crimson Isle because Levian leads you to Ellevar while Crimson Isle leads you to Barrens Mk2.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jun 4, 2014

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

dreffen posted:

In the latest installment of It Came From the Forums: We Should Be Able To Pay For Our Subscription via Bitcoin
That thread. :psyboom:

Cyster please have your CR reply something along the lines of "Sorry we don't deal in imaginary money". Anything that gets buttcoiners' knickers in a twist is a good thing.

See: http://buttcoin.org/cards-against-humanity-kindly-tells-bitcoiners-to-please-go-gently caress-themselves

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Libertine posted:

How do you get these UnitFrames? What are they called? I'm dying with the default ones they don't tell me anything.
PotatoUI

I prefer GotHud for my own health meter though.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Kresher posted:

Guest passes:
RU6M8G1JMAZTSZKYJ449
RU6QTUJ6ZPVO4885CQEB
RU6STQFG41XZM3EK92QB

Take one and leave a message or something, I won't be monitoring and editing.
Post keys here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3640209, not in the main thread.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Someone said that yes, item rewards from boom boxes scale to your level. So technically it's better to wait until 50.

Then again, gear rewards are pretty much the lemons of boom boxes apart from dyes, which is a lemon soaked in piss. What you should be crossing your fingers for is elder gems, mounts and decor which doesn't care about your level.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Tokubetsu posted:

Are there any costume vendors in illium? If yes, where?
I don't know about any costume vendors, but you have one of the costumers that let you modify/dye your costumes just north of the crafting area.

Libertine posted:

Has anyone found anything like an Outfitter/GearSwapper addon yet?
No, apparently the addon API lacks the necessary functions to interact with items in your inventory, so don't hold your breath for one either unless Carbine expands the API. (I'm sure they will eventually)

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Bashez posted:

Can I get the assassin amp for stalker through PVP or will I need to grind out the reputation for it.
https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52452-amp-locations-open-beta-and-beyond/

tldr: No, you need to grind the rep for it or hope that someone puts one up on the market.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Ihki posted:

That also raises the issue of most procs/specials being so underwhelming. Some of them are good (move% boots in particular), most are completely useless with not that much middle ground.
I got a heavy gun with an ability that procs on landing a critical heal. :smith:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Sjonkel posted:

Does it matter if I choose Crimson Isle or Levian Bay after the Dominion tutorial? Any recommendations?
It doesn't matter a whole lot. Levian bay leads you to Ellevar and Crimson Isle leads you to Barrens Deradune. I felt Deradune had slightly more streamlined quest progression, while Ellevar quests were more spread out (ie more running).

If you're an explorer definitely go Levian Bay for the Lopp streaking quest in Ellevar.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jun 8, 2014

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

PaganGoatPants posted:

So can alts visit my main's house and get the xp buff?
Yes, characters on the same account are automatically neighbours and you can log out at any neighbour's house and get his or her house bonuses.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

ryan_woody posted:

This talk about running out of quests has me a bit worried, but I'm probably overreacting. I'm about to hit level 14, but still have about 1/3 of Deradune to explore (and finish quests in). I got kind of bored with the area / quests, so I hopped a cab to Illium. Should I go back and finish off Deradune, or am I fine continuing on?
At 14 you should head to illum, then on to Aurora or whatever the name of the zone is east of Illum.

As for keybinds I change strafe to A/D and move the 1-3 abilities to Q/E/R and the remaining ones to 1-5. Class ability goes on ~.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Spacedad posted:

So when's the potion button going to get fixed. :psyduck:
I gave up on the potion button and just rebound X to one of the secondary action bar slots and put my potion of choice there instead.

• Locked thread