Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Brackhar posted:

So, to kinda turn the normal question line on its head, what classes do you guys not like playing as and why?

Warrior - Oh boy I can play WoW all over again :rolleyes:

Stalker - Ditto

Spellslinger - I dunno, took a look at their abilities and nothing really struck me as interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Lakedaimon posted:

The Engineer armor is hands down the sweetest looking. Wish the servers had been up today I would have tried one out. I see Stalkers on the message boards blowing o-rings about how bad stealth is or about how they dont do enough dps. No idea if its warranted or just the usual MMO chicken little bullshit.

So the soldier path just has nodes that spawn bonus/hard enemies? Only neat thing Settler had (as far as I got) was the ability to build a thingy that gives 10 minute xp buffs. No offense to anyone else, but building flags and torches at quest hubs is pretty lame to me.

Engineer armor is so good looking it's the only reason I'm not making a Chua engineer since you just look like a block of metal as one.

Didn't know about Path costumes so that's awesome. It's gonna be a hard choice between scientist and settler for most adorable Chua though.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Does any progress made while the servers are up now carry over to the for real launch?

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

I really didn't think I would like Esper, but so far it's been fun. The visuals on most abilities are cool, especially the AoE finisher that drops axes and stuff and the slow-revving buzzaw builder.

It's a little disappointing how under-used the weapon is, though. Was hoping it would be flung around or float or glow or something.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Tannin posted:

Okay, I bought this damned game, downloading now. Time to choose between our various esteemed guilds...

Esper looks pretty awesome, and I generally like playing as a healer/support class, so I think I'll do that. Can I actually level as a healer/control build if I just latch on to groups like a space barnacle, or do I pretty much need to run a damage-focused build while leveling?

If you don't mind doing PvP you get absolutely bonkers XP for winning. Healers are incredibly hard to kill at low level BG's so you should be fine too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

WarLocke posted:

What are crafting voucher things even used for? I noticed that today I could pick up the Ellevar trade board quests again, even though I've already completed them so the only thing I'd get for repeating them would be vouchers.

You can buy stuff like bags of crafting items and whatnot from craft voucher vendors.

• Locked thread