Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
:siren:http://wildstargoons.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-sponsor-people-the-definitive-guide.71/:siren:

Read this if you want to sponsor people into the forums/guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

CrashCat posted:

I was kind of surprised I couldn't find a server status monitor app with alerts and poo poo already, considering all the other useful poo poo players have made.

http://wsstatus.com/

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
Time is running out!!!

Vote in the very important poll!!!

http://wildstargoons.com/forums/index.php?threads/a-very-important-poll.32/

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
http://wildstargoons.com/forums/index.php?threads/to-wiki-or-not-to-wiki.82/

:siren:ANOTHER IMPORTANT POLL. GO AND TOUCH IT:siren:

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
quick someone throw it back

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-14W5XTqL5U

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
Website is undergoing changes. Stand by.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

a cat on an apple posted:

yes it's undergoing renovations AGAIN for some reason idk ask moses he's trying to part the red auth

Complain about services rendered for your prize.

Server is migrating to a better host for better speeds and functionality for the back end. Never stop complaining.

wtfmoses fucked around with this message at 07:04 on May 26, 2014

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
We are figuring out the email issues with new registrations. Forums should be functioning fine for regular users right now.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

y_y posted:

The activation email still links what I assume is the old base-URL of the forum wildstargoon.com/forum/blabla. After removing the /forum/ bit, it accepted my activation just fine.

Believe I've just fixed this.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
:siren:If your forums activation link did not function or did not send, please try again:siren:

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
:siren:Everything works again!!!:siren:

http://wildstargoons.com/index.php?threads/auth-sponsorship.90/

Dump your cache if the site is not loading!

wtfmoses fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 26, 2014

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
You will likely need to dump your cache and stuff since the DNS has changed.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Yes also that. Update your bookmarks. Wildstargoons.com now default dumps you to the forums.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Tensokuu posted:

Forums are still acting like it sent me a password email but I never received one and can't change my password because I don't know the temp one it assigned me. :v: It's not the password associated with my Steam account I signed up using either.

I could always just make a new username in the worst case.

What is your forums username. I am going to delete you and then you can remake it the "conventional" way.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Garbo posted:

A poll in the PvP section of an offsite forums asking if you're going to roll PvP or not is probably not the best indicator of where goons are actually going to roll. It's likely going to wind up being a 50/50 or 60/40ish split at the start and who knows 2 weeks or a month from now. Roll where you want to play and stop with the horribly dumb "No MY GROUP HAS TO HAVE THE MOST PEOPLE" from both sides.

:siren:retard spotted:siren:

Those are the conglomerate general forums for the whole board you clownshoe. That forum has been linked here as well about 100 times. GOD SO DUMB

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

cathead posted:

Uh, even on the pvp side you're probably going to have issues as well (for 40 mans at least) since not everyone in the guild is going to want to dedicate the time to raiding?

Just suck it up and accept that either way you're probably going to have to find some non-lovely pubbies in order to do that kind of stuff. Goons are just pubbies that paid $10 to post on a forum anyway. There's no automatic guarantee of competence there.

To combat the potentially low body count of people in the goon guilds we set the sponsoree limit to 10 people per goon. If you have friends you want to play with then BRING THEM ALL.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Eschatos posted:

Does anyone else think the platforming in this game is janky as hell? I was planning on going explorer on my first character until I tried out the tutorial explorer missions and had to try each "puzzle" half a dozen times because of the impreciseness of the controls.
On a related note, is there any setting for changing keyboard turn speed? The default rate is horrendously slow and I prefer to not have to use mouse for turns other than reversing.

Keyboard turning you say...

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

LoG posted:

I signed up for the goon site a few hours ago but still haven't received my authentication email. Did I do something wrong or does it take a while? My forum name is the same as here.

Oh god you are real. You were getting flagged as a spam user over and over. I'll fix that.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
Also:

:siren:Register your mans:siren:

http://wildstargoons.com/index.php?threads/add-your-characters-to-the-auth.92/

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

RiffRoff posted:

While I appreciate the effort that goes in to running the wildstargoons forum and stuff and I'm going to use it..

Am I the only one who thinks it looks like a Geocities page from 1997? Between the color scheme and how mashed together everything feels, I get the late 90s web design vibe from it.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

dreffen posted:

hey i got it this time

wtfmoses fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 27, 2014

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

dreffen posted:

wait wait wait I GOT IT

oh wait i hosed up im sorry

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

FallenSystm posted:

Making a second post. I feel like all the Aurin anger is being taken out on me! Goon site worked fine before this so called "fix" and now I have tried everything to my knowledge and cannot get the website to load. I can access it on my phone but let's be serious... what's the point of having two monitors if I can't be reading all the petty man child arguments, I mean fantastic posts and ideas about the servers we should play on and our goals to dominate both PvE and PvP.

Error: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Dumped cache, then dumped all internet history, rebooted router. I am at a loss, I have never seen this issue before.

Please wtfmoses, let me into the club. I promise to bring man child arguments, and support them with Everquest logic!

Humor me and try a different browser. If that doesn't work check your DNS settings or get on IRC so we can help.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
Hey if you are rolling a goon guild on any server/faction please register at wildstargoons.com and if you have enough people I'll make you a little subforum if you want. That goes for ironlung specifically.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Givin posted:

Is there a windows phone version of the google play app?

Hahaha christ you people slay me.

It's in the app store.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
:siren:PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER ON THE OFFSITE. AUTH YOURSELF AND ADD YOUR CHARACTERS. WE SWITCHED SERVERS AT THE REQUEST OF CARBINE. DONT BE DUMB. MORE INFO TO FOLLOW

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Phrasing posted:

I'd like to just say that I still think the switch to Warbringer at 2am so Carbine can quarantine us in what is probably a backwater server is hosed. The queues would stabilize and not be ridiculous eventually anyway. I'm already a higher level there now I guess so whatever.

So basically what you are saying is we should all just waste the weekend in queues for no reason? To maybe play into your speculation?

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Mad Wack posted:

Also just an FYI for people saying Warbringer is a backwater - it's currently full with a 1k+ person queue. :smith:

It's one of 4? PVP servers at launch. Think Illidan, Mal'Ganis, Blackrock etc. All still high pop servers. Roll warbringer. Don't complain.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Ehhh, I have exactly no faith that any pvp server other than pergo will end up as anything other than a backwater. What can I say? It's what all my past experiences playing these games tells me. :shrug:

I just hope they have server transfers up and running before things get dire, hopefully for free. :sigh:

Ugh don't be dumb.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Ok, talking about servers on the off site forums is apparently a probateable offense, don't talk about it unless you want to get banned/probated. wtfmoses, if people talk about this what are the consequences? I think it's best to be up front about this so people know what they can and can't talk about publicly without repercussions and what will get you probated or banned or whatever.

Alright full disclosure: If you make dumb posts like WHEN WILL WARBRINGER BE MERGED???? And then adding an even dumber poll on the first saturday of headstart you will be probated. FULL DISCLOSURE

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Dieting Hippo posted:

It's PvP, but that's the stupidest thing I've heard of if it's true. :(

Why...

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
:siren:GOON SQUAD IS UP ON WARBRINGER CHECK YOUR CHARACTERS ON AUTH AND WHISPER KATTEN, SCT, DOUBLESTEP, WTFMOSES, OR IRONTUSK WITH YOUR WSGOONS FORUMS NAME FOR INVITE:siren:

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
Well we managed to pack in 350~ goons into the guild on warbringer today. Server is high-full pop so it looks like this was the right call. Thanks to everyone who helped get things established today by either contributing to the guild fund or helping invite. Lots of time was spent sitting still inviting people into the guild. Just a reminder to all to get their characters added to the auth. We will likely hit the cap on the guild by launch on tuesday.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
:siren:http://wildstargoons.com/index.php?threads/select-a-main-character-in-the-auth.181/

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Bauxite posted:

That's only for dominion warbringer people, correct? So if I'm exile on evindra I shouldn't do that?

You are legendarily bad at reading.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
I mean goddamn what does the VERY first line say.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Ridinspinnaz posted:

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Screenshots?select=Screenshot+2014-06-01+23.50.47.png

This is what comes up when I try to jump through the linking hoops. No idea

You are never getting an invite now I hope you realize. This is some legendary idiocy.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
You're right guys it is pretty hard. only 1110 people figured this out before this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

CLAMBO! posted:

I ain't afraid of you.

Except for when you have to hide under the exile ravager in that pit lest we kick your teeth down your throat repeatedly.

• Locked thread