Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Seriously, where the hell is it. It's a VTT alright! I'm getting sick of pubbies and need goons in my life. Specifically Pathfinder players.

This is now the official FG VVT thread.

bluegoon fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
We saw you were coming and banished it to the depths of TBB just to spite you.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?
Came in here looking for a thread on FG. I have never in my life played a tabletop RPG and now I want to. Some friends have played before and I figured since we are scattered throughout the country we can use this.

Does anyone have any opinions on it? One friend was asking to find out if it's smart enough to make sure you don't break rules.

Anyone using it?

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Funkysauce posted:

Came in here looking for a thread on FG. I have never in my life played a tabletop RPG and now I want to. Some friends have played before and I figured since we are scattered throughout the country we can use this.

Does anyone have any opinions on it? One friend was asking to find out if it's smart enough to make sure you don't break rules.

Anyone using it?

It's pretty good at calculating bonuses etc, the presentation is really fantastic, you use custom modules etc built for the client, maps, tokens, everything can be made / bought etc.

You can download it for free and check it out yourself.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

bluegoon posted:

It's pretty good at calculating bonuses etc, the presentation is really fantastic, you use custom modules etc built for the client, maps, tokens, everything can be made / bought etc.

You can download it for free and check it out yourself.

I have the demo, I'll try it when I get home. We were hoping since some of us aren't veterans at this that the program would be smart enough to stop us breaking the rules inadvertently.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Funkysauce posted:

I have the demo, I'll try it when I get home. We were hoping since some of us aren't veterans at this that the program would be smart enough to stop us breaking the rules inadvertently.

You have the books on call in the client in real time, searchable etc.

It comes packed with a starter PathFinder module I think? So it should be pretty noob friendly.

Also there are a shitload of workshops going on, look up the steam groups, also their forums are pretty good, lots of support over there.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Well I'm just gonna use this thread to ask if we have a Mobile Frame Zero thread then.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

We used to, I think it fell into archives.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Spectated a Pathfinder game last night, I am so loving sold on FG2. This client is bananas.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
I'm being loving serious here, VTT thread, guys. This entire medium is so interesting, and will only expand if you push interest in VVT.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Roll20 is generally regarded as a very good VTT, and is usually recommended for online games that require maps and tactical movement. Maptool has also been around for ages, but is larger and a bit clunkier, though it does boast more support for custom features.

I have no idea what fantasy ground is, but it would help if you cleaned up the OP to provide information.

What is this thread even about? All VTTs? Fantasy Ground? People in TG already know about virtual tables. There have been so many general VTT threads here that get like ten replies and die, and this one looks like it will head in that direction.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

I have fantasy grounds but I haven't ever touched roll20. Does roll20 work better for some games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

Lord Frisk posted:

Roll20 is generally regarded as a very good VTT, and is usually recommended for online games that require maps and tactical movement. Maptool has also been around for ages, but is larger and a bit clunkier, though it does boast more support for custom features.

I have no idea what fantasy ground is, but it would help if you cleaned up the OP to provide information.

What is this thread even about? All VTTs? Fantasy Ground? People in TG already know about virtual tables. There have been so many general VTT threads here that get like ten replies and die, and this one looks like it will head in that direction.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252690/

Fantasy Grounds 2 is a VTT that they sell on Steam, with individual rulesets treated as DLC. The program itself is 39.99 (each player + the GM must have a copy), DLC rulesets range from $10 to $25, 4E, 3.5, PF are included. You can apparently make your own rulesets, but it requires XML and LUA scripting knowledge. I don't know what, if anything, it does more than Roll20 and I've never really been tempted to try after seeing the price tag compared to free offerings.

• Locked thread