Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.
We have already won it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Loving the encouragement from our friends from all over the world. I can already see the incredible glare the cup will provide off of Michael Bradleys forehead as he hoists it into the heavens surrounded by his teammates and the adoration of the world.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Suqit posted:

If there is one thing I love in this life its most likely food. If there are two things I love in this life it would have to be food and my family. But if we keep going at some point we are going to get to the pride of the United States of America. The reason that the world is envious of us and all the freedom and liberty that we shine upon this troubled earth.

The United States Mens National Team.

The Nats.

The red white and blue.

The stars and stripes.

A plucky band of underdogs that grew up on farms and honed their skills in the amber waves of grain and in the shadows of the factories that have made this country the bastion of strength and freedom that the world simultaneously loves and hates. We can't win. We don't have the money or the skills to field a team of drugged up superstars. But we have something nobody else has. We have freedom. We believe in are boys. And with that love and belief coursing through the pure blood of our brave players, they will find a way to glory. There can be no other result other than the World Cup trophy being hoisted above the heads of our brave, under dogged boys. We believe. And because we believe, we will win.

There is no Opta stat for intangibles like clutch, engine, heart and liberty.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

If we win this game do we win the group? I don't understand why we aren't trying our hardest.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Ah yes let Aron walk around in the box.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

This. Forever. Liberty. Eagle. Flag.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

It will take me awhile to get over the absence of Steve Cherundolo, maybe even a few years. Gotta say that Fabian is helping me during these healing times.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

I will be hosting massive cookouts for each USMNT game during the 2014 World Cup in Brazil(TM). I would like to invite all of you, my friends to join me if possible. If you want to be there in spirit please PM me and I will name a particular food in your honor. xoxoxo.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

I Feast On Dogshit posted:

Also lol at all Americans ITT that believe they will do better in the WC than the worst England team in recent memory.

What about 2010 when we provided level competition with the creators of the game? Reminder that we don't forget. Never.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

I Feast On Dogshit posted:

Americans care about past results than anybody in the world.

*makes post trolling USMNT, MLS fanboy searches where poster is from, and reminds them of 2-1 win for the USMNT 6 years ago on a wet November evening*

I just posted inviting everyone to a cookout at my home, for future matches. Do not challenge my confidence sir as I do not spend hours laboring over a smoker for folks with defeatist attitudes. Live free or die.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

American posters and USMNT fans are awesome and anyone who is a detractor is not invited to my World Cup 2014 in Brazil(TM) cookouts. Consider yourselves on notice.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

dkj posted:

I heard Europeans eat fries with mayonnaise.

All are invited, condiments are at the party goers choice. The only flavor I recognize is Freedom. The only flavor I deny is commie.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

vaginal culture posted:

Will there be quinoa

There will be quinoa as it goes well with avocado, jalapeno and venison steaks. Please join me and raise your flag in support.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Mr. Mambold posted:

Where is it?

The cookouts will be in North Texas(TM). The edible game will be locally sourced and the national game will be internationally tasty if you catch my drift.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Mr. Mambold posted:

How far south of the Red River we talking here, bass from Texoma?

Hour and a half south. There will be catfish but not from Texoma. The drought has put a legitimate hurt on Texoma fishing. A drought much like a Jozy joke.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

fat greasy puto posted:

there's still time for someone to get hurt in the belgium game and landon to get called up

Game is cancelled due to traffic concerns by the Belgian coach.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Who cares about Canada. 3 bald eagles just landed on my doorstep and told me that it is in fact match day and that freedom will ring.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Woke up at 5am to knock out as much work as possible. Friends arriving at my home soon and such the libations and liberty will flow.

I love you all and look forward to singing our songs in victory against the callous Ghana foes.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Hello I am looking for more expert opinions on how the United States of America are going to finish without any results and get demolished by any and all opposition. Please be sure to quote your past incredibly annoying negative posts as confirmations during your apologies. I leave us all with song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cDLZqe735k

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Mercaptopropyl posted:

The most vocal USA fan at the bar thought I was trolling him when I dared say 5 minutes into the game that "we aren't a lock to beat Portugal."

He also blamed Tim Howard for the goal after watching the replays because he was "completely out of position" :smug:

Thankfully you were there to post about it later. I urge you to inform us of each and every future movement you make.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Tasty stuff how the talk went from USA not getting out with a point to realizing what a true machine of soccer destruction we really are. Shifting focus to other negative rehashed boring old topics we've been over one thousand times. Once you degenerate no point havers and didn't even qualifiers finish up the "what if lebron played lol salary cap" talk you can move to PRO/REL talk and continue to parrot the same bullshit worn out talking points while we continue to hoard points.

And to my Americans and other believers tune to radio frequency 420.69. The coop has fresh bedding. The coop has fresh bedding.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Borsche69 posted:

beckerman has gross rear end white dude dreads which are disgusting by default

bad opinion but great av op can I interest you in some fart tacos?

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

loving boring recycled topics

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

I have nothing negative to say about our competition. I am blind to all that would distract me from the end goal of victory, intangibles and liberation of group points.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Lowtechs posted:

bEast coast > West Coast.

No time for this. We are all Americans. Take your coastal poo poo to another thread where you don't embrace your patriotic brothers and sisters and pronouns.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Delicious result. Shouldn't be surprised that Big Ron did a thing that resulted in a goal. This is fun as hell and we are in the eye of the storm.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

For me, a fan of the USMNT this tournament just gets more and more tasty. I smell a result on Thursday. I feel it. We will have it.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Rise up this morning
Smile with the rising sun
Three bald eagles
Each by my doorstep
Singing freedom songs
Of liberation pure and true

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

The United States of America are going to win the World Cup.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Good morning fellow freedom lovers. Today we win another game.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Well, that was a hell of a ride. Does anybody have more fun than people?

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

I feel sorry for Bradley, he really did have poo poo for support which lead him to try to do far too much. Jones had a great tournament as well as Fabian Johnson.

Man of the tournament for me, is all of you, my posting freedom loving friends. We did it.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Elotana posted:

Do the Houston Dynamo have anyone talented/interesting/funny to watch in an MLS context or do I need to adopt an overseas team

You need to watch games and build your own opinion. Start with your local sides and see where you grow from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

americong posted:

I live in Austin.
The real Aztex just moved away and are now part of the expansion.

That was 3 years ago and they were playing on a high school field. Be thankful they didn't go full FC Dallas and move to Round Rock or something. Support your new team.

• Locked thread